Vampires in lost lost lakes

Started by Dragonsbane, December 30, 2010, 10:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsbane

I'm surprised nobody ever noticed, but there was one, thankfully unnamed vampire in DMFA,I divert your attention to the Demonology With Fluffy of which I am too lazy to find the link where fluffy talks about vampires, in the end they all die, by dragon stomp, quite effective i say, but there was one, and some fangirl probably named him and wanted more, thankfully our glorious creator Amber has kept vampires nothing more than mush under a dragons foot. ALL HAIL AMBARRGH!

Inumo

Three statements.

1) Uh... what?
2) Periods, dude. They exist for a reason.
3) Once again: There are no vampires. Just in case this was under contention. If you believe there to be proof otherwise, please, share.

Turnsky

the fae cornered the sparkly market so the vampires died out that way also.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

A.J.

Quote from: Turnsky on December 31, 2010, 01:52:30 AM
the fae cornered the sparkly market so the vampires died out that way also.  >:3

Ok, that was brutal and hilarious.

But yeah, Dragonsbane, words and praise do not a case make. Seriously man, provide some evidence with that theory.
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

llearch n'n'daCorna

Might I suggest a little Ritalin? Or possibly some Prozac?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

OminousShadow

With the way he was going, I suggest an enough tranquilizer for an elephant
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Captain

MT Hazard's post is now a crowning moment of awesome. We may now sing and dance over how there were no survivors.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Sofox

Dragonsbane: Yeah well, that's how Amber operates. It's hard to figure out how she operates at times, but often it's a mix of basic logic and random, mischievous  fun. The fact that vampires in DMFA were a weak species being an example of the former, the fact they finally became extinct in an extremely embarrassing way being an example of the latter.

MT Hazard: Errr, Dragonsbane never asked any question, and despite some people suggesting it, he never suggested vampires still exist in DMFA lore.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Sofox on January 01, 2011, 11:47:07 AM

MT Hazard: Errr, Dragonsbane never asked any question, and despite some people suggesting it, he never suggested vampires still exist in DMFA lore.

Yes, I see that now. Perhaps saying "If you any questions" would have been better.

Quote from: Captain on December 31, 2010, 08:37:37 PM
MT Hazard's post is now a crowning moment of awesome. We may now sing and dance over how there were no survivors.

Thank you. I did worry it was a bit much
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Alondro

*Charline re-introduces vampires to Furrae!*  Cast of "Twilight", meet Hizell.   >:3

*Charles erms*  I thought you hated Hizell.

*Charline RARS!!*  I HATE SPARKLY VAMPIRES MORE!!!   >:O
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

A.J.

Yes. We all hate the emo faeries.

And I just have to say that Amber's explanation in the Demonology 101 strip that is in the main archives covers their disappearance quite well, leaving pretty much no doubt that any survived.
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

Shachza

I find it interesting that Amber made vampires so weak in her world.  Normally they're right up there with the big dogs.

Quote from: Alondro on January 03, 2011, 11:20:08 AM
*Charline re-introduces vampires to Furrae!*  Cast of "Twilight", meet Hizell.   >:3

*Charles erms*  I thought you hated Hizell.

*Charline RARS!!*  I HATE SPARKLY VAMPIRES MORE!!!   >:O

Then you should appreciate this as much as I do:  http://www.byteme.gr/node/4489
            <-- #1 that is!

AmberCross

Well the way I figure it, if the undead can be created, vampires can too. Which is to say that while they are extinct, there is still a chance they might return someday. Not that that's likely at all to happen, OR that I want them to, but stranger things have happened after all.

And in regards to vampires not being hotshots... I direct your attention to The Reformed Vampire Support Group. This book is about vampires who are anemic, weak, kinda ugly, can't fly, can't mesmerize prey, can't turn into bats, go into a coma if the sun is up, die from sun, die from stakes, die from just about anything really, are very much not hotshot, and just in general very disfunctional. I found this to be a very entertaining read.

Tangent

Abel's Story actually had a vampire mentioned (the short paladin mentions it just before the attack that killed Xander and Devon).
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Hariman

Quote from: AmberCross on January 04, 2011, 02:28:08 PM
Well the way I figure it, if the undead can be created, vampires can too. Which is to say that while they are extinct, there is still a chance they might return someday. Not that that's likely at all to happen, OR that I want them to, but stranger things have happened after all.

And in regards to vampires not being hotshots... I direct your attention to The Reformed Vampire Support Group. This book is about vampires who are anemic, weak, kinda ugly, can't fly, can't mesmerize prey, can't turn into bats, go into a coma if the sun is up, die from sun, die from stakes, die from just about anything really, are very much not hotshot, and just in general very disfunctional. I found this to be a very entertaining read.

I don't think any Vampires will return, given that Amber used a certain humiliating finality in killing the last of them off.

I still love the tagline in the "death of the vampires" strip. "The Emo That Whines in the Night.". It really just says it all about vampires.

And in regards to vampire hotshots, I direct your attention to Discworld. The vampires in Discworld have all the normal strengths and weaknesses of vampires. BUT, they don't need to drink blood if they can displace the need for blood into a need for something else. Most teetotaler vampires in Discworld choose power and influence over others as a suitable substitute.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!