Pokemon >w<

Started by Nikki, August 10, 2006, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insanekaosx

When it first showed them, I was like "WTF, fire monkey?"

And now i'm thnking of the Gorillaz song... sort of song 'Fire coming out of the Monkey's Head'

Rowne

Had it been the simian's head though, I wouldn't have raised as much of an eyebrow.  It's just that these pyrotechnics are eminating from the area of said critter's bum and that I find more than marginally disturbing.

I swear, if that Pokémon has a move named "Fling", I'm really going to train one up and take it online to thwart everyone with.

Psychological warfare wins over all.

Nikki

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on September 16, 2006, 12:40:38 AM
I want the penguin starter! And the monkey dose strike as odd to me.
p-p-p-p-penguin?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

KarmikCykle

I wish I hadn't left my Pokemon games at home.  I just got the urge to start playing them again recently.

Nikki

i go through periods of:

'ZOMGPOKEMONLOVELOVELOVEHEARHEARTHEART!!'
and
'Pokemon!! YAY!'
and...
'oh joy...pokemon...'
and
'Pokemon...nah.'

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Xze-Xze on September 16, 2006, 11:20:52 PM
Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on September 16, 2006, 12:40:38 AM
I want the penguin starter! And the monkey dose strike as odd to me.
p-p-p-p-penguin?

Yes, it's the water starter.

See? Not many english names yet.

Rowne

I see that their legendary Pokémon are as impressive as ever.  I'll be wanting some of that.  I probably shouldn't still be playing Pokémon at my age but those are addictive little games.  <.<

Kitsune Ascendant

anyone else find it odd that the one that's a water/dragon is grey, while the steel/dragon is blue?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Roureem Egas

Where'd you find that info? I wanna see.

Dakata

[random]
Lawl. :3 Femme-Scizor has a big...*THWACK*

(Stolen from Wikipedia :B)
[/random]

Edit: Here's what Kit's talkin' about.

Dialga (Steel Dragon)
Palkia (Water Dragon)

Rowne

I'd say it's because metals in Japanese animé and games have intrinsically different values to what they do in reality.  This is why all their mechs are shiny and multicoloured, in the World of Pokémon, steel probably is a shiny blue.  And copper likely radiates with glowing ruby energy or somesuch.

As for the water guy, no clue ... I just hope it's not a nod towards pollution.

Castle Pokemetroid

Why water at all? The steel/dragon makes sense, but why water/dragon?

insanekaosx

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on September 22, 2006, 12:29:01 AM
Why water at all? The steel/dragon makes sense, but why water/dragon?

Well, what do any pokemon types have to do with Space and Time anyways? *one of them is a master of space, the other of time, or some such*

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: insanekaosx on September 22, 2006, 12:44:13 AM
Well, what do any pokemon types have to do with Space and Time anyways? *one of them is a master of space, the other of time, or some such*

Ya, physic type. That's the closest you'll get.

Nikki

0w0

ME WANT!! *poke'craze returns*

D: pokemon is my crack!

Kenji

Quote from: Rowne on September 16, 2006, 12:35:25 PM
Had it been the simian's head though, I wouldn't have raised as much of an eyebrow.  It's just that these pyrotechnics are eminating from the area of said critter's bum and that I find more than marginally disturbing.

And just what is wrong with animals with flaming backsides?  :batman

Dakata

Quote from: FireKatKid on September 23, 2006, 08:52:54 AM
Quote from: Rowne on September 16, 2006, 12:35:25 PM

And just what is wrong with animals with flaming backsides?  :batman
...They have hawt/hot tushies? :3

Nikki

D: why did the fire Starter have to be a monkey-looking thing? ever since i first got red i've picked only the fire-starters D: looks like i'll be choosing water this time T-T

Dakata

Quote from: Xze-Xze on September 23, 2006, 10:31:42 AMever since i first got red i've picked only the fire-starters D: looks like i'll be choosing water this time T-T

Pfft. I got all the starters in G/S/C. :B Because I'm cool. And I didn't even use a gameshark. Or codebreaker, or game genie or whatever.

...Don't remember if I did it in R/B/Y though. >>

And if I get Diamond/Pearl, I'm -totally- getting the monkey. D: Unless it's last evolved form is really -really- REALLY -REALLY- ugly.

Rowne

FKK: You missed the previous page, it isn't simply animals with flaming tushes in general, oh no.  It's simians with flaming backsides.

I'll go over it again (just to traumatize everyone here): How does a monkey usually fight?  What does it fling?  Now this particular monkey has a backside that's on fire.

There will be much property damage, oh yes.

No, bad bunky!  Bad!  The Pokémon Centre is not your enemy.  OMG, Nurse Joy!  ... I think we should leave.

Nikki

omg there IS a penguin starter D:

Nikki

0.0 omg the Monkey starter is kick-ass when evolved!!

and the freakin Penguin becomes a frakin TANK!!

Dakata

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 01, 2006, 08:35:05 PM

PROVE IT. D: I WANNA SEE PENGY-TANK.

Kenji

Quote from: Dakata on October 01, 2006, 08:59:21 PM
Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 01, 2006, 08:35:05 PM

PROVE IT. D: I WANNA SEE PENGY-TANK.

www.serebii.net

Nikki

Kenji

I rather like the fire monkey. Goes from having a fire tail, to a longer fire tail, to a fire on his head that looks like a long, tapering hat. Hint hint. <.<

Nikki

>> what if it uses flamethrower with it's butt?

Castle Pokemetroid

I like the fact that the penguin is part steel. I love to have steel pokemon.

Nikki

like Aggron...

KICK-ASS POKEMON!!

RJ

I want the squirrel.

And I've been playing Pokemon Rescue Dungeon. Although cute, it is annoying.