Pokemon >w<

Started by Nikki, August 10, 2006, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

Yes, Xze is a poke'FREAK, and i just want to know who else out there likes them too =3

I still play my old Red Version, even though it no longer saves, as well as my blue, yellow, crystal, gold, silver, ruby sapphire, emerald, firered, leafgreen, stadium, snapshot, and colisseum X3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Kitsune Ascendant

I have one from each gen. yellow, gold, emerald (my personal fave) and firered. and I can't wait for when (hopefully) they do a remake of yellow. of course, I'll keep my origional.

out of curiosity, did you ever do the mew glitch with yellow?

also, what's your fave pokemon? I'll give you three guess as to mine  :mowsmile (hint, what kind of animal do I obsess over?)
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Dakata

I lost all mine. D: I had Gold, Silver, Blue and Yellow...and the Trading Card Game.....and Sapphire.

Lemme guess, Kit. Your favorite pokemon's Vulpix/Ninetales? ;)

...My favorite's Dragonite. D: It's so fat and adorable.

insanekaosx

>> I was playing pokemon earlier today. I recently restarted my blue, still have a red that doesn't save, a silver that doesn't save, and fire red. I'd like more, I just don't have that kinda money.

<< *is so not a pokefreak*

Kitsune Ascendant

yep. ninetails. 'course, it doesn't hurt that ninetails is the most beautiful pokemon ever.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Nikki

lol, My Favorite pokemon are Charizard, Arcanine, Jolteon, Arbok, Raichu and, as always, Articuno ^^

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Xuzaf D

I played Pokemon way back in the day... I even had two gameboys just so I could get all the friggin' Pokemon by myself. I stopped playing after experiencing Pokemon Stadium and playing Snap in stores. Last I heard, the latest GC release actually reused numerous parts from the previous game, much like Dynasty Warriors does every two months. Anyway, Pokemon is another RPG that is based far too much on level grinding, and the rock, paper, scissors game mechanics only tilt the matches by about 30%.

Walking in tall grass just isn't fun for ten hours and nobody uses all of the Pokemon they catch anyway. Link hacks bushes down and finds caves filled with treasure; Ash sneaks around in the tall grass looking for tiny creatures he will never use. I think that illustrates my point.

Nikki

*looks at all her hours and adds them up*

i have walked in the grass looking for tiny creatures for 4562 hours.

Dakata

Huh. How'd you guys (Xze and Kao) get games that couldn't save? That's weird.

The only problems I had with pokemon games were ROM problems. XP Dang time wouldn't work on my Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald ROMs. D: I NEED MY BERRIEZ DEMMIT.

EDIT: BTW, I -just- remembered that I have Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium 2. D: D: D: I'm such a bad pokemon fan.

EDIT #2: Okies, now I just remembered that I had Hey You! Pikachu too. There's something wrong with me today. D: *Pokes brain*

Aridas

pick-a-choose?

Um... I think I at least have all the regular ones. Most of which were from yardsales

EDIT: does this count as relevant literature?

Zina

Marowak and Houndoom beats all you guys up.

RJ

My old blue game refused to save after a few years. My silver game also stuffed up a few times too. I still have a rom of Ruby though on the computer (goooo Masterball cheat!). I think I also have Pokemon Pinball somewhere around, as well as some of the 64 games. I adored Pokemon Snap.

And let's not get into all the Pokemon cards I own...

...And Dragonair owns you all with its prettiness.

Gareeku

Heh, I used to have Pokemon red waaaaaay back in the day, before i realised they'd turned it into that god-awful t.v show. However, my feelings with pokemone now?

*Grabs a rifle and goes pokemon hunting* :twisted

King Of Hearts

I admit that i admitted Pokemon more than I should have... it was my "just one more battle... wait, Its 4 am in the morning!?" game a few years back.

But I decided to only play one version for the two sets of monsters, I tried to paly Blue after Red and Jade after Ruby but it just tires me so...

insanekaosx

I liked Stadium and Snap >>

I had a bunch of the cards, yeah, then I gave them away to a little kid <<

When the games get old and worn, I think they just hit their limits. Though I attribute mien no longer saving to too much Gameshark. I got bored after I beat the game sto I started screwing with things >>

Oh, and it was the Pokemon 10th anniversary this year, if you didn't know.

Vidar

I'd like to see a Pokemon / Spore crossover.

Create your own pokemon, and fling them into orbit with your flying saucer (PIKAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa), or place them on planets with no atmosphere (... SPLORTCH), or start an intergalactic war with other pokemon, or kill as many pikachus as you can.  >:3

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Kitsune Ascendant

as far as the games not saving, theres a good chance it's the little battery in the carts either being dead (in which case, leaving it on for a few hours should recharge it, or so I'm told) or in need of replacement.
of course, red, blue, and yellow have missingno.

Nikki

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on August 11, 2006, 10:16:52 AM
as far as the games not saving, theres a good chance it's the little battery in the carts either being dead (in which case, leaving it on for a few hours should recharge it, or so I'm told) or in need of replacement.
of course, red, blue, and yellow have missingno.
:< i cought Missingno....Gawd it was aweful!!

Kitsune Ascendant

yeah. I still have a yellow game that won't save because of it.

Supercheese

Well, my little sister's still playing it... she's been nonstop for months now...

I don't like the newest series' (Emerals, Sapphire, etc.) music. But I hear it every freaking second my sister's around... >.<

Pokemon is incredibly fun, but has become far too complicated. How many of the danged things are there now? 300+? *sigh*

I wonder what Pokemon would be like as an MMO...

insanekaosx

Quote from: Supercheese on August 11, 2006, 01:40:55 PM
I wonder what Pokemon would be like as an MMO...

I have thought the same thign, and as incredible a concept as it would be, I doubt its ever going to happen.

But it should!

Jack McSlay

I think a MMO Pokémon game can be expected, sooner or later.

I wonder what will happen when they reach pokémon #666

ps.: Gyarados!!!!Onyx!!!
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Kitsune Ascendant

who knows. mabye on the wii...
ah, that would be heaven. you get to actually "throw" the pokeballs. it'd actually be better if you had an offline area with the main pokemon story, and then have a new place where all the trainers gather, and it would have exclusive pokemon and it would be so so very cool

Rowne

Okay, the first thing I want to bring up is that I have seen Pokémon as an RPG and the memory leaves me in fits of helpless giggles.  There was this Sphere UO server long, long ago that I found where bottles could be used to trap and tame UO critters (basically it was a twist of the beast mastery skill).  No, I'm not kidding.

So you had Paladins running around and throwing empty potion bottles at Dragons.  Again, no, I'm not kidding.  It's actually an easy thing to code but it resulted in some of the funniest gameplay I'd ever seen.  The PvP was so incredibly wrong that it should've been outlawed, not wrong as in bad but rather as in plain funny.

Watching armoured men throwing potion bottles around and summoning armies of Dragons (all with their own, cute NPC dialog lines) before going to war was ... well.  As I said, I can't think about it without laughing.

If anyone really wanted a Pokémon MMO, just grab the Sphere server, a UO client and learn how to script Sphere.  I'd say that something like that could likely be knocked together within a month and soon you'll have aged mages running around screaming "Vas Ort Flam Pokéball!".  If anyone would appreciate this though, I'd think it would be Tapewolf as he's likely played Ultima Online.

To get the full effect of it though, the spawn lists would have to be changed.  At least if you want lightning-tossing palette-swapped yellow bunnies.  Again, I'm really not joking, grab sphere and see for yourself.  In fact, I think the time I spent browsing UO servers resulted in some of the most ludicrous memories I have.

Next up, Pokémon is a pleasant little RPG and it stands well against the other unique Nintendo RPGs on the handheld systems, at least providing the cartoons aren't brought into it.  I can't say it's the best handheld RPG ever as that award likely goes to Mario & Luigi but it's still a few laughs.

And I tend to swat away pesky trainers with a powerful Entei, myself.  I can't help but appreciate the big, fluffy, canine-ish crossbred thing.

I have this horrible feeling that I've dug my own grave here and that from many sides, I will be pestered to return to the ways of the Sphere, only to concoct my own variation of what I had seen in years past ... but no, I shan't.  For if I get into scripting again, I might never kick the habit.

Leafar

Gabi

I haven't played the games for a while, not having a GBA and all... But I do play pokemon-related games at a (pair of) message board(s). There's a game I like a lot where we all write stories which intertwine with each other. I'm keeping track of it here.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Miaka

Quote from: insanekaosx on August 11, 2006, 12:00:17 AM
>> I was playing pokemon earlier today. I recently restarted my blue, still have a red that doesn't save, a silver that doesn't save, and fire red. I'd like more, I just don't have that kinda money.

Yes you are. He plays pokemon with my little brother!

Anyways, I'm getting a new gameboy and pokemon game, just so I can play pokemon. Damned if I know why, but I am.

Nikki

Quote from: Miaka on August 12, 2006, 10:11:48 AM
Quote from: insanekaosx on August 11, 2006, 12:00:17 AM

Yes you are. He plays pokemon with my little brother!

Anyways, I'm getting a new gameboy and pokemon game, just so I can play pokemon. Damned if I know why, but I am.
I'mma get a DS just to play Opal and diamond ^^ (speculated names >>)

Rowne

I already have my DS ready, I bought it for Another Code, Lost in Blue, Trauma Center and Phoenix Wright, none of which I've been disappointed with.  Phoenix Wright is especially incredible, to see a top-notch, superbly funny and well executed adventure game after all these years warms my heart, especially one with as many innovations as that game.

And I'll likely pick up one of the DS Pokémon games when it comes along, just to see what they've done with the format.  I hope they do innovate a la Phantom Hourglass and we'll have lots of stylus madness.

Nikki

:< D: they made more pocket monsters!!  D: :<

isn't 200+ enuf?  :erk