Internal conflict and moral decisions.

Started by Amber Williams, August 10, 2006, 01:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icarus

i, personally, have been really floored that dave has been able to regularly update through this. i mean yeah, sure, it's not like his computer exploded. but quite frankly, when you're undernourished and don't get a lot of sleep from pain, it makes it really hard to draw as all artists here know. shaking hands and altered perceptions really take a harsh toll on the artwork, and the current arc of jack doesn't seem to have faultered at all in terms of art.

'fact i think it's one of the better arcs artisticly speaking we've had in a while. way more use of black.

so to add to the 'yay dave lives ftw!' i think i will also add 'yay dave is also a fucking trooper ftw!'

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Rafe

Quote from: icarus on August 20, 2006, 07:45:59 PM...shaking hands and altered perceptions really take a harsh toll on the artwork, and the current arc of jack doesn't seem to have faultered at all in terms of art.

'fact i think it's one of the better arcs artisticly speaking we've had in a while. way more use of black.

so to add to the 'yay dave lives ftw!' i think i will also add 'yay dave is also a fucking trooper ftw!'

I'm probably going to hell for saying this, but I found it a little scary-yet-coincidental that this whole crisis happened during a story arc titled "Why Do I Deserve to Die?". 
Rafe

Netami

He has a backlog of a few arcs. That's why the bit about his grandparents and the perfect marriage came out "ironically" near his gramps' death.

icarus

am i to understand you believe that dave can predict the tragic future, does comic arcs related to the tragic future, and then posts them during those events to collect sympathy donations?

wow, netami. i just have no words.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Netami

No, it was just an ironic twist that his grandfather died near the time he hosted the arc. The arc that was inspired by his grandparent's successful marriage. This current arc is in no way a nod to his current condition nor should you think it's creepy that he has a comic entitled "Why do I deserve to die?" when he just asked for thousands of dollars. If anything, you'd figure the title was a lousy cry for help from his fans.

icarus

your ability to backpeddle is only exceeded by your inability to talk your way out of the accusations you make.

flabberghasted

Netami

Your ability to read what I have to say incorrectly is just as surprising to me, my jew friend.  :love1

bill

Your ability to argue about such things is like... really cool n' s***.

Rafe

I guess my point was more "jeeze, I hope he's not subconciously trying to tell us something he won't talk about" as far as that title. 
Rafe

Netami

I just don't think Dave is like that. He may add elements of his life into the comic, but I don't think he would insert his own sense of dread. I believe the utter lack of that sense is what has led this problem to grow so far; he simply ignores it and keeps with the story and his life.