Anyone here play Minecraft?

Started by Shadrok, November 05, 2010, 04:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadrok

I was wondering who here plays Minecraft? I've been playing it for a few weeks now and so far it's been fun. I'm wanting to play multi-player but I don't know anyone who plays.

Also with it being the 5th of November I changed my default skin to this

http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=Shadrok

Inumo

*Raises hand* Multi-player seems like it'd be interesting, but so far I've stuck to single player.

Remember remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and plot...

SquirrelWizard

multiplayer is still a big sandbox mode.

so far I just started a new single player game. Found a cave next to my spawn with coal, iron, and a dungeon open to the surface.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Inumo

Nice. Game I recently had (and deleted, as part of my philosophy), I'd found a gigantic cave with lava and water and all that fun stuff. Really nice, except that the cave was too huge for me to be able to sensibly control, so I got taken down by some zombies before I could get away and fill their spawning grounds with torches.

Shadrok

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on November 05, 2010, 07:39:25 PM
multiplayer is still a big sandbox mode.

so far I just started a new single player game. Found a cave next to my spawn with coal, iron, and a dungeon open to the surface.

Still, sandbox or not it would be nice to get online with some friends in the game. If anything we could build Lost Lake, castles, or whatever.

As for my current game I think I'm in a spider spawning ground as every night I look out the door and there are like 8 spiders saying "We know you're in there. Come out and plaaay. :mwaha" not to mention the other 5 just hanging off in the distance paying my place no mind.

Thank goodness for the ability to punch things on the other side of doors without getting hit back. Well that is as long as you don't hit the door frame that is.

Inumo

You're lucky. Last game I played in (and promptly ditched because of this), I'd set up shop right underneath a creeper spawn point. You can imagine just how much of a pain THAT was, made worse by the fact that I was trying to play a bit less indoors.

Shadrok

Well just had my first run through the under world and I have to say I like it, and I was surprised that you can hit a ghast's fireball back at him. I think the next time I go I'm bringing my fishing rod and fishing for ghasts.  :mwaha

ooklah

I've been playing minecraft, I've been working on getting a server running, which works alright, though my brother's internet keeps dropping every time he connects, then he has to reboot and restart his network card I think. But I'm willing to keep the server up if people are interested, I wouldn't mind running it.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."