2 (16.7%)
Transformers 80's
4 (33.3%)
Super mario super show
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 3

ilpalazzo

Achirio

Transformers of course, for some reason i hated thundercats when i was little and i enjoyed transformers way more, although now that I'm older i think thundercats are better.

Damaris

Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, THUNDERCATS!  HOOOO!

I liked the seventeen (or so) part story they did about the new Thundercats.  That was a spiffy storyline.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Destina Faroda

I never got into Transformers and Thundercats was okay, but when I was a kid, I didn't understand it.  The Super Mario Bros. Super show, on the other hand is purely classic.
Sig coming...whenever...

Jorge D. Fuentes

There should've been an "All of the Above"

Crate

I'm a touch too young for these shows, so I'll just support those that voted.

:januscat

Xuzaf D

Mageknight Locke

lol all i can remember of thundercats is that red haired leotard wearing main guy with the sword thingy, so its transformers for me :evar

on the topic wouldnt the transformers with all their uber technology have better ways of injuring/miaming/killing other than punching and kicking one another?

Darkmoon

Oh come on, how can you go wrong with Cpt. Lou Albano?

Helena

I remember these shows kinda. I was what only like 3 or so when they were running. But I remember that I liked transformers mostly. The thundercats were scary a bit, with the acting, and super mario I was more into the games.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Destina Faroda

I was thinking about the Super Mario Super Show and what a simple, but great concept it was.  Normally, combining live-action segments and cartoons makes for horrible storytelling, but it worked for Super Mario Bros for several reasons.  First things first, neither the live action not the animatied segements took themselves too seriously.  Second, they kept both the cartoon and the live action thankfully separate, and in essence you get two shows in one.  Third, the animated episodes worked on parodying entertainment without making its characters aware of the extent of their parody.  Four, by adding a bonus material for Friday that was more serious, it gave a sense of varierty in style and character design...hey wait a minute...why does that week-day regular, Friday something different format seem so familiar? ;)

Then it had to turn into Club Mario.  Why?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Never really caught Club Mario... Didn't even know it existed, honestly.

And I have no clue what you mean with the friday thing, Nang (shifty eyes).

Destina Faroda

LOL...I should make you edit that post, but say...hey, I really don't need to be under this name any more.  So do the admins have the power to change names here?

Anyway, after they reran the 65 episodes of the Super Mario Super Show for a couple of years, the producers wanted to do something different with the material and decided to record NEW live action segments to surround the same animation.  To reflect this new focus, the name of the show was changed to "Club Mario," and a completely new theme was made with bad lyrics referring to "satelite surfiing."  Instead of having Lou Albano and Danny Wells as Mario and Luigi, they got these young men who were supposed to be all "hip" and cool and were talking to the audience in a manner that  is not dissimilar to those awful G4 games.  The guys were just hanging around their messy apartment.  They introduced the episodes but rarely did their material hold any entertainment value of their own.  Sometimes the guys would watch this weird sci-fi soap opera that didn't make any sense and had no continuity.  It was a bad show all around.  The only reason I watched it was for the Mario cartoons.  Yes, I love reruns of great programs.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

So it wasn't even new catroons, just repackaged fare? Lame.

Jorge D. Fuentes

I liked Video Power.
The one where they'd have the audience members try and stump the host with random video game questions, and at the end of the show, kids would run around a gamestore-like place and stick NES games to their vests via velcro.

It was awesome, even if 99% of the games were Acclaim.

"You picked up 10 copies of 'The Immortal'"  heh heh.

It was on as Video Power, then it became "Power Team" where the show became a lot smaller and there was a cartoon featuring the Acclaim characters.

It had Kuros (Wizards & Warriors), that guy from N.A.R.C., the Arch Rivals (Basketball game), Kwirk (from the GB puzzle game), and of course, Bigfoot (the kickass monster truck, heh heh).  They had to go against "Big Boss" or something (though I KNOW it wasn't Metal Gear's Big Boss... was some other random guy).

Later on it just disappeared, but the gap was filled by GamePro... back when GamePro actually did reviews of games on the show, like Super Castlevania IV.  It also had an arcade version of Actraiser, which was kinda cool (You know it really was an SNES on a Cabinet, but let's not let that spoil the MAGIC  XD).

Yeah... memories...

Darkmoon

Would been cooler as a real arcade game, but Actraiser rocks the bitch none the less.

Mageknight Locke

the sequel is sacrelige though, i mean your a freaking god at the peak of his power so how the hell does he get killed so easily by giant insects

ilpalazzo

Actraiser 1 Rockin' the whole two games in one feeling.

Actraiser 2 WTF I didn't even beat the first lvl. :erk
*breaks Actraiser 2*

Darkmoon

Yeah, the second game was really fuckin weak. I not only didn't play far in it because of the levels themselves, which weren't as engaging, but also because they took out the sin side of the game, which was actually kind of a fun addition.

ilpalazzo

you ever beat professional mode in Actraiser 1?

Darkmoon

No, but I did get up to the last level in it.

Mageknight Locke

i couldnt be bothered, besides why deprive yourself of half the gameplay

Darkmoon

It was more for the challenge of it. Sides which, the action levels at least weren't very long, so it didn't take much time to get through Professional mode. Just effort.

ilpalazzo

No its not throwing your controller.  :)   

Quientin

Mario.... because they had cindi lauper on one episode and they had ernie hudson on another and who can forget legend of zelda fridays