Zhocked o.o

Started by Shoryu, October 16, 2010, 08:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoryu

yez yez, many many Z'z, broken keyboard.

but anyway, i zhocked myzelf today o.O i've zpent the lazt few dayz typeting up a back ztory for a cubi character i'm revizing, and i called one of the characterz Mal, for zhort of hiz full name. earlier i waz randomly browzing the name'z of known cubi, and i came acrozz a cubi with the exact firzt name i'd juzt chozen earlier, i clicked it, and i waz like WTF? i didn't know Dr.Ink'z name waz Malyka until today o.o it blew my mind that zomehow i choze i name i hadn't heard before and it turnz out to be the zame az another character who i knew by a different name o.o

but anyway the point iz, haz anyone elze had thiz happen before?  :kruger

on another note, i imagine Ink'z theme zong to be when your evil XD moztly becauze of the foxxfire chroniclez, but alzo cauze it fitz XD and i need to learn how to do thoze little 'fan' thingz cauze Ink got me liztening to voltaire XD

Alteisentier

*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Shoryu

Quote from: Alteisentier on October 16, 2010, 09:45:14 PM

what the frig? o.o did you draw that juzt for my buzted keyboard? O.O and if only that waz all it took XD

EDIT: OMFG, i'm gonna make that my icon until i fix my keyboard =3 unlezz that'z a problem >.>

Lore

On-screen keyboards are awesome for times like this. If you're using Windows, it's usually under Control Panel -> Accessibility or something to that effect.

That said, welcome to the forums, read the rules, fear the Box, fix your keyboard, so on and so forth.

Shoryu

Quote from: Spooks on October 16, 2010, 10:07:45 PM
On-screen keyboards are awesome for times like this. If you're using Windows, it's usually under Control Panel -> Accessibility or something to that effect.

That said, welcome to the forums, read the rules, fear the Box, fix your keyboard, so on and so forth.

i've alwayz hated uzing thoze Dx but i guezz i have to if i become active around here >.>

Lore

Quote from: Shoryu on October 16, 2010, 10:16:02 PM

i've alwayz hated uzing thoze Dx but i guezz i have to if i become active around here >.>

Honestly, I'm reading everything you write with a Transylvanian-style accent... want to replace W's with V's while you're at it?

In all seriousness, though, people will get a much better impression of you if you take the extra time to type correctly. The mods will also be less likely to smack you around...

AmberCross

Quote from: Shoryu on October 16, 2010, 08:57:33 PM
but anyway the point iz, haz anyone elze had thiz happen before?  :kruger
Well I don't know if this counts... but I chose a screenname that would logically be shortened to 'Amber' before realizing that this is the name of DMFA's artist and creator. I was rather offset and mildly embarrassed when I realized what I'd done. Now people have to call me AC... >.>

Turnsky

Quote from: Spooks on October 16, 2010, 10:22:39 PM

Honestly, I'm reading everything you write with a Transylvanian-style accent... want to replace W's with V's while you're at it?

In all seriousness, though, people will get a much better impression of you if you take the extra time to type correctly. The mods will also be less likely to smack you around...

could be worse, could be a /really/ bad french accent..

"THE PIMPS! THE PIMPS IN THE PIMPING STATION!"  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Shoryu

Quote from: Spooks on October 16, 2010, 10:22:39 PM

i actually tried to find the on screen keyboard o.o for some reason i couldn't locate it, >.< and i don't have a numerical keypad... but i guess i could just copy paste, or use this blasted spell checker thing. >.> demon magic i say. DEMON MAGIC

on another note i did notice that, 'admin's think you' thing. what's that for? if it's one of those 'in the rules' things i'll likely find it when i get up in the morning XD

Inumo

Quote from: Shoryu on October 17, 2010, 02:46:25 AM
on another note i did notice that, 'admin's think you' thing. what's that for? if it's one of those 'in the rules' things i'll likely find it when i get up in the morning XD

Someone got upset at it being called Karma, so the admins renamed it to make it more obvious that it's a joke.

Shoryu

Quote from: Inumo on October 17, 2010, 03:21:09 AM
Someone got upset at it being called Karma, so the admins renamed it to make it more obvious that it's a joke.

ohhhhh, that explains it. XD i noticed a LOT of variable numbers Dx i imagine my -1 probably came from my first appearance here having a horrifically typoed and grammar murdering post. XD

Anker Steadfast

Welcome to the boards, I hope you enjoy it here. :)

On a sidenote, that drawing rocks.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Here's a suggestion - write the post with Z's, or maybe something more obscure like '@'.  Copy it into Notepad or some similar equivalent.  Get an 's' from somewhere and do a search-and-replace.  Or just go out and buy another keyboard ;-)

Anyway, welcome to the forum, don't forget to read the rules and remember that there's more to the forum than just DMFA.  It was originally set up for Darkmoon's CVRPG...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

Second the 'new keyboard' suggestion. When I needed a spare keyboard (transferring stuff between my old and new computers) I found a fairly good basic one at my local Kmart for A$10.

Also, welcome. Have a souvenir coffee mug.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Shoryu

yay...coffee mug. o.o i don't drink coffee >.> dunno why i don't like it.

also, i live about 50 miles from the nearest 'anywhere' selling electronics, plus i'd need a usb keyboard cause i'm using a laptop. though it helps that the posting page here allows spell checking XD

also, on another note, would it be acceptable to peddle links to story pieces i'm doing to get opinions? i mean, once i actually get done with all the ideas oozing out of my ears Dx

hey look, a Z where it's supposed to be.

and i had noooo idea lost lake was built near dracula's castle >.> that must've been one helluva realization for some people. =3

Inumo

Quote from: Shoryu on October 17, 2010, 01:45:40 PM
also, on another note, would it be acceptable to peddle links to story pieces i'm doing to get opinions? i mean, once i actually get done with all the ideas oozing out of my ears Dx

Take those to the Tower of Art. Rules in there state how to set up a thread, all that jazz.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Assuming you're in the US, you could always hit up newegg or something and get them to post you a keyboard. It's not going to be massively expensive to do that...

Or use search/replace. Or copy.paste an s every time you need one. Or you could ask nicely on the IRC, I'm sure someone will happily provide an s.

... no, wait. Actually, scrap that last idea. If you wander in there and ask, I'm sure that everyone there will deliberately remove every s from everything they say. Including nicknames...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lore

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting on October 17, 2010, 02:09:39 PM
Assuming you're in the US, you could always hit up newegg or something and get them to post you a keyboard. It's not going to be massively expensive to do that...

Or use search/replace. Or copy.paste an s every time you need one. Or you could ask nicely on the IRC, I'm sure someone will happily provide an s.

... no, wait. Actually, scrap that last idea. If you wander in there and ask, I'm sure that everyone there will deliberately remove every s from everything they say. Including nicknames...

I don't want to be Pooky. 8'<

Shoryu

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 17, 2010, 02:09:39 PM

actually people i know do that already Dx withou tme being in a forum XD

on another note, i've already got a plan for zomeone to zell me their USB keyboard. it oughta work once it finally getz here XD

AmberCross

Holy bologna sauce! I didn't even notice they changed it O_o Last I checked it was 'come' and 'go'... does it change every few months or something? As an aside however, I too disapprove of the word 'karma'. However my reason is that I think it should be spelled 'kharma' >.>

llearch n'n'daCorna

Take up the spelling with the SMF developers. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to discuss making that change with you, given the extensive support you've provided them.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 17, 2010, 02:09:39 PMOr you could ask nicely on the IRC, I'm sure someone will happily provide an s.

ooOooooo ... I could automate it .. write a script ...

it could convert all 's' and 'S' into z's
it would be easy too !

*scampers off*

:D

llearch n'n'daCorna

The clever sort would get such a script into Shoryu's IRC client, so that he never sees any s's at all...

Anker Steadfast

Even better - Modify the IRC server software, that way no matter which client you connect with, you'd still get no s's. :D

Inumo

He would if he changed onto a different server. I'd say just modify his client and block all other clients. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

I run the server. I'm pretty sure I can make sure there are no other servers... ;-]

lilpuppy23

Quote from: AmberCross on October 18, 2010, 05:24:17 AM
Holy bologna sauce! I didn't even notice they changed it O_o Last I checked it was 'come' and 'go'... does it change every few months or something? As an aside however, I too disapprove of the word 'karma'. However my reason is that I think it should be spelled 'kharma' >.>

I don't really mind, as long as I know which one means "Come" and which one means "Go". Right now, I haven't the slightest clue...

Tapewolf

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on October 19, 2010, 09:32:20 PM
I don't really mind, as long as I know which one means "Come" and which one means "Go". Right now, I haven't the slightest clue...

AFAIK the order cannot be changed, so it's always + on the left and - on the right.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmberCross

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 19, 2010, 07:56:01 AM
I run the server. I'm pretty sure I can make sure there are no other servers... ;-]
Well what if he asked nicely and made ritual sacrifices?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmberCross on October 20, 2010, 07:35:39 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 19, 2010, 07:56:01 AM
Well what if he asked nicely and made ritual sacrifices?

He doesn't have the requisite anatomy to make ritual sacrifices that appease me.