I have a visitor!

Started by Gabi, October 09, 2010, 07:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Charles is here! He came here yesterday and will stay until Monday.

Yesterday we went to a natural reserve where we watched some plants and birds and he told me the family of each plant we saw. We also found out what it's like to have a brick of mud under your shoes. Then we walked to La Boca, and then took a bus drive back home, during most of which he kept asking me how much farther we had to go (apparently he expected Buenos Aires to be just about the size of Philadelphia). Anyway, it was fun.

Today we're going to Chinatown and then he has offered to cook a meal for my family. We'll see where we go after that.

And tomorrow we're going to the Luján Zoo so that he can hug a lion, which is the real reason why he came here.

I have yet to come across Charline and I hope it stays that way.

So... expect little activity from me during the weekend, and a bunch of photos at some point next week (while he's the one who's visiting, I'm the one who's taking all the photos; I feel like a tourist in my own city).
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bradypodidae

My best wishes to all for a wonderful time!
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

VAE

Have fun!

haha... he is probably used to warp-aci travel XD
Seriously i can understand his confusion - i come from a country where if you go  300 kilometers in any direction from almost any point you are sure to end behind the borders.... i remember when i was at holidays in Russia i was amazed seeing appartment blocks that could pretty much hold all of my village's population
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Damaris

How wonderful!  Have a great time!!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

thegayhare

Me thinks charles loves those lines a bit to much

*giggles*

have fun you too

Gabi

OK, that was fun. Even if I got sick on the last day. Charles should be back home by now.

As promised, here are the photos.
http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/GabiAPF/Charles%20visit%20October%202010/
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bradypodidae

Awesome! Glad everyone had a good time! Thanks for sharing.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Cool.  So, what's happening in P1080731 ...?  Is that a yawn, or an irate lioness?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Yes, I am back!  And that is a yawn.  The lion was male, by the way, just a young one.  About 1 1/2 years old.  It's only just starting to get the first scruffs of a mane.  They don't really possess full manes until about age 3.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif