Ask Daryil about his clan...

Started by Tapewolf, September 16, 2010, 04:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

My current writing project, which does contain some minor background spoilers for PF, is a handbook for Daryil Clan members as of the PF era.  It's currently run to about 3500 words, and covers the basics ("What am I?  What duties and obligations to the Clan do I have?  How should I treat Beings, Creatures, other 'Cubi?").

However, there are surely numerous topics that young Daryil members would need or want answers to which have slipped my mind, so if you've ever had a query about Daryil's Clan - logistics, politics, whatever - now's your chance to ask.
I'm sure there will be questions about Daryil's personal life and I might throw one or two of those in, but realistically, I'm looking for things pertinent to clan life as a whole rather than specifically about Daryil himself.

(No, I wasn't sure whether to put this in my writing thread or here)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Is it true that no girls are allowed in Clan Daryil?

Someone from Clan Piflak said we aren't a real clan. Why would they say that?

I don't want to be in this clan. Can I leave?

If you happened to have events in your life recorded into a sequential format for the entertainment of creatures in another dimension, anything in particular you would or wouldn't want them to see? Any advice you would give?

Meany

Where exactly does the clan draw its resources?  Mining, fishing?  ...Mining for fish?

Does the clan have any defensible locations like a city or other large plot of land?

I hear we branched from another clan; how exactly are we supposed to act around members of the old clan?

I've seen your...inventive fashions.  Are we by chance related to Lady Gaga?

Corgatha Taldorthar

What's your opinion on the Eregnor situation?

Runesword, grail, or balanced scales?

How are you going to live with violating the O.C Bible's directives?

How much would you want to be compensated, if you had  to dance with Jak o the Shadows?

A real man-real in all the ways that we recognize as real-finds himself suddenly abstracted from the world and deposited in a physical situation which could not possibly exist: sounds have aroma, smells have color and depth, sights have texture, touches have pitch and timbre. There he is informed by a disembodied voice that he has been brought to that place as a champion for his world. He must fight to the death in single combat against a champion from another world. If he is defeated, he will die, and his world -the real world- will be destroyed because it lacks the inner strength to survive.
The man refuses to believe that what he is told is true. He asserts that he is either dreaming or hallucinating, and declines to be put in the false position of fighting to the death where no "real" danger exists. He is implacable in his determination to disbelieve his apparent situation, and does not defend himself when he is attacked by the champion of the other world. Question: is the man's behavior courageous or cowardly?

How many of these references make sense? :P

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Saphroneth

Are there copyright issues with Dimanika clan?

Do we all have to be insane?

Have my recent spate of unusual dreams been your fault?

Why wolf heads, if you were the one who chose? Shouldn't it be fox?

Is the clan a close knit entity socially and is there a conversant, contingent policy of morals and ethics that we are required or encouraged to follow, or is it more of a loose knit organization that mainly meets to fuel your twisted ego by way of parties?

Is the so called clan organized along patriarchal grounds or a more enlightened system of government - such as enlightened despotism - and do we have a say in the process of determining this, or merely an illusion of having a say, or no say at all?

Can I continue my social engineering degree now that I'm revealed to be a Creature?
Would it help if I mentioned the clan name?
What? I like the crazy powerful. Or is it just crazy...

I also write stuff: http://saphroneth.deviantart.com/ and http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2996114/Saphroneth
Caution: things posted when they're finished, not in any real order.

joshofspam

Seeing as we are a clan into non-killing or non soul sucking, does this mean it is believed that doing a little comunity service builds character and what services are considered well suited for are clans characteristics?

What is an exceptable gift for are illustrious Monarch?

Are their clans that I should avoid?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Many of these questions are already dealt with in the booklet.  Some of them are outside the scope of the book or in some cases incomprehensible  >:3  Some of them are gold.

Normally I'd be half-tempted to answer some of them as Daryil, but that would kind of stretch the rules, so I'm not quite sure what to do.  I can answer ones which won't be in the booklet if people want.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 17, 2010, 12:51:22 PM
Yes, people want. :3

Okay.

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 16, 2010, 10:24:13 AM
Is it true that no girls are allowed in Clan Daryil?
No.  Two are depicted here, and of the members who are well-thought out enough to have names, there is also Cassandra Daryil who may briefly appear a few chapters down the road.
http://www.project-future.org/strip.php?strip=89

QuoteIf you happened to have events in your life recorded into a sequential format for the entertainment of creatures in another dimension, anything in particular you would or wouldn't want them to see? Any advice you would give?
Daryil: My first thousand years.  They were the worst.  The second thousand years, they were the worst as well.  After that things got a lot better.  There should be more more shots of me showering or in bed with Simeon.

Meany's questions have all been incorporated into the booklet.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 16, 2010, 02:11:06 PM
How many of these references make sense? :P
None of them...

Quote from: Saphroneth on September 16, 2010, 02:46:06 PM
Are there copyright issues with Dimanika clan?
In truth, my heart sank when Dimanika clan was unveiled.  Such is the burden of the fan writer.
To answer your question, I think of it more as a continuum, with sanity on one end, Dimanika on the other and Daryil clan somewhere between the two.

QuoteDo we all have to be insane?
No.

QuoteHave my recent spate of unusual dreams been your fault?
Daryil: Maybe.

QuoteWhy wolf heads, if you were the one who chose? Shouldn't it be fox?
Daryil: Wolves are cute and sexy.

QuoteIs the clan a close knit entity socially and is there a conversant, contingent policy of morals and ethics that we are required or encouraged to follow, or is it more of a loose knit organization that mainly meets to fuel your twisted ego by way of parties?

Is the so called clan organized along patriarchal grounds or a more enlightened system of government - such as enlightened despotism - and do we have a say in the process of determining this, or merely an illusion of having a say, or no say at all?

Daryil:  That's basically what the booklet is about, really.  To summarise, there are a few ground rules which are basically common-sense, but aside from those the clan is pretty loose and members are free to do more-or-less what they want.  I'm not interested in micromanaging people.

QuoteCan I continue my social engineering degree now that I'm revealed to be a Creature?
Would it help if I mentioned the clan name?
Probably depends where you're getting the degree.

Quote from: joshofspam on September 16, 2010, 05:26:55 PM
Seeing as we are a clan into non-killing or non soul sucking, does this mean it is believed that doing a little comunity service builds character and what services are considered well suited for are clans characteristics?
Daryil: Whatever floats your boat that doesn't break the decrees too badly.

QuoteWhat is an exceptable gift for are illustrious Monarch?
Well, they say it's the thought that counts.  Skulls or a trapped soul would go down very, very badly though.  Daryil doesn't like fish much either.  I'd say... kind of weird clothing would be the best bet.
Daryil: Shiny clothes.

QuoteAre their clans that I should avoid?
Yes.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 17, 2010, 10:31:12 AM
Normally I'd be half-tempted to answer some of them as Daryil, but that would kind of stretch the rules, so I'm not quite sure what to do.  I can answer ones which won't be in the booklet if people want.

As admin, I'll give you a special dispensation to speak as Daryil, on this one occasion, in this one thread, on the one forum that is yours specifically and that you can do anything you like in anyway... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shachza

How can I gently let my non-cubi parent know that I'm part of this Clan?

I like Dragons.  How is our relationship with them?
            <-- #1 that is!

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2010, 08:56:56 AM
As admin, I'll give you a special dispensation to speak as Daryil, on this one occasion, in this one thread, on the one forum that is yours specifically and that you can do anything you like in anyway... ;-]

Reply above edited slightly to take that into account.  Implicitly, this reply is a separate occasion...

Quote from: Shachza on September 18, 2010, 01:40:51 PM
How can I gently let my non-cubi parent know that I'm part of this Clan?
Daryil: I'd say that was your 'Cubi parent's problem, not yours...

QuoteI like Dragons.  How is our relationship with them?
Daryil: We're still here.

Madmann135

Daryil are you mentally unstable (AKA a lunatic) by choice?  If not then do you know why?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 19, 2010, 01:55:02 AM
Daryil are you mentally unstable (AKA a lunatic) by choice?  If not then do you know why?

That would be telling...

Tapewolf

Incidentally, since people here may not necessarily track my writing thread, the booklet is here:
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/tenets.pdf

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 21, 2010, 03:36:23 AM
Incidentally, since people here may not necessarily track my writing thread, the booklet is here:
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/tenets.pdf

"Vegetable Pie Serves Four - not suitable for vegetarians"  LOFL

"Clan Daryil's Dress Code.  Formal Attire.  Whatever."  That's my favorite formal attire.

Things Your Leader Likes  (we will count the shinys)
• Clothes, preferably shiny black ones or something of the sort. I like shiny. (1 ...OK Two but I will count it as one)
• Books
• Shiny things. (2)
• One pasty.
• More clan members
• Goth stuff
• Gift vouchers
• M10 nylon washers (Wait... What!?)
• Shiny things (3)
• A rainbow ribbon with a bell on the end
• Bishonen
• Handkerchiefs, I always lose mine
• More shiny things (4)

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mmm, M10 nylon washers. One wonders if you could make a mobile out of shiny things, nylon washers, ribbons and bells, and a bunch of handkerchiefs...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2010, 05:18:08 AM
Mmm, M10 nylon washers. One wonders if you could make a mobile out of shiny things, nylon washers, ribbons and bells, and a bunch of handkerchiefs...

The handkerchiefs are for him to actually use, not because they're pretty.  Though he does sometimes tie them together into a chain.

I will explain what he does with the all the washers in a story at some point.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pfft. I think he'd appreciate the mobile more than the hankys. ;-]

Captain

I really had no idea bishonen was a gift.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Tapewolf

joshofspam

You know that depending how similar the energy is to a real soul it might be possible to graph some of the energy to repair a damaged soul? Jin would probably jump at such a possibility.

If so many think of Daryil's clan as nutters maybe he should also mention the clan's that get along with too?

It can't be all glares with all the clans could it?

Thank goodness Jacob is working in the Antarctic though. I don't think Joshua would appreciate a visit from Cassandra.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Seraphimus

I know It's late but I Have a question that I thought might be appropriate.

I'm NOT a member of clan Daryil yet I would like to be, How would I go about joining? and are there any special requirements I may need to fulfill?

Also, Sorry for posting in an old thread as a new member

Inumo

Welcome to the forums, Seraph! Make sure to read the rules and step softly until you know what you're doing. I'd suggest being veeeerrrrryyyyy careful with how old a thread you post in is. It can tick some people off. Also, AFAIK, joining a clan in the DMFA-verse only requires the willingness of the subject and the person administering the change. I don't know if Daryil might have some added requirements before he'll let someone join, though...

Tapewolf

I'm not entirely sure whether you have to have a Tri-wing to incorporate new 'Cubi members into an existing clan.  That's going to have some bearing on whether Daryil's clan can accept new members.

EDIT:
And yeah, welcome to the forums, don't forget to read the rules etc...