09/04/2010 [PF #134] - Daryil is bringing sexy back

Started by Lore, September 04, 2010, 12:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lore

Good job, Ren. I approve.

Is that a fake soul jar? :U

Jairus

How many people can just forget that they were in jail? And is it just me, or do the lines look a lot smoother this week?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Madmann135

it might be just me bit I prefer the version where Daryil was "drinking" the soul with a straw, it seemed more his style.

Also, breaking out then back into jail because you forgot that you were suppose to be in jail.  BRILLIANT!

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 04, 2010, 01:28:07 PM

it might be just me bit I prefer the version where Daryil was "drinking" the soul with a straw, it seemed more his style.

Me too, it just hits me as funnier that way.

Now, why does Daryil's little oops remind me of Roger Rabbit's schtick with the handcuffs...?   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 04, 2010, 01:28:07 PM

It was originally that way.  Somehow it scared the hell out of me, though.  If enough people want it I'll swap it back in...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lore

Sprocketsdance

Tapewolf

Okay, owing to popular demand, the straw is in.  You may need to force-refresh the page owing to Xepher.net's aggressive caching.

See also:

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/DaryilNoStraw.png
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/DaryilStraw.png

EDIT:

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2010, 01:02:17 PM
How many people can just forget that they were in jail? And is it just me, or do the lines look a lot smoother this week?
We've been experimenting there.  I've managed to reduce the blockiness caused by comiclife sharpening the image, and Ren has made a few improvements his end as well, including changing pen type.  I'm impressed with the results he's getting.

joshofspam

All this talk about soul sucking through a straw has me thinking about "Killer Clowns From Outerspace".

Though don't you love how Daryil's appearance just kills that explanation on how Jacob is still alive?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Meany

All these seemingly random wardrobe changes...  I get it now.  :U  Daryil is Furrae's version of Lady Gaga.  It all makes sense now!

All he needs now is a selection of custom-made high-heeled shoes. 

In other news, yay for art progress!

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2010, 01:42:17 PM

It was originally that way.  Somehow it scared the hell out of me, though.

You were expecting anything different from Daryil...?   :erk

ChaosMageX

Oh god, I loved this brief scene with Daryil in FH.  It is so hilarious how he just pops up and forgets he's supposed to be in jail.

Daryil seems to have quite a habit of just popping in and out of scenes from thin air.  He must love teleporting.

Also, I like how the lines are smoother.  I really hope this style stays.

Speaking of style, is it just me, or is W-ILS's nose bigger?  I like it like that.  It makes him unique from the other robot panthers.

Also, I'm not creeped out at all by Daryil drinking a soul through a straw.  It made me think of the Orangina commercials, and those aren't creepy...right?  Right?  XD

Icon by Sunblink

Madmann135

Here I come to see the comic and find that Daryil is drinking his faux-soul instead of absorbing it.  When I saw it I laughed and came here to see why the change happened.
I am glad to see that Daryil drank the faux-soul with a straw, I can still imagine him trying to eat it with a spoon or chip-sticks.  How he would pull it off would boggle my mind.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: SpottedKitty on September 04, 2010, 04:25:37 PM
It was originally that way.  Somehow it scared the hell out of me, though.
You were expecting anything different from Daryil...?   :erk

I'm with Spots, here.

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 05, 2010, 01:12:43 AM
I am glad to see that Daryil drank the faux-soul with a straw, I can still imagine him trying to eat it with a spoon or chip-sticks.  How he would pull it off would boggle my mind.

*snerk* Okay, next time Daryil is shown eating a fake soul, he has to be using chopsticks and the top of the jar is folded open like a chinese takeout.

Votes on that? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 05, 2010, 04:07:59 AM
*snerk* Okay, next time Daryil is shown eating a fake soul, he has to be using chopsticks and the top of the jar is folded open like a chinese takeout.

Votes on that? ;-]
*silently makes a note to do that next time*

I am glad to see that Daryil drank the faux-soul with a straw, I can still imagine him trying to eat it with a spoon or chip-sticks.  How he would pull it off would boggle my mind.
Well, he is Daryil. :B

Quote from: ChaosMageX on September 04, 2010, 08:52:53 PM

Speaking of style, is it just me, or is W-ILS's nose bigger?  I like it like that.  It makes him unique from the other robot panthers.
Yes, I improved my linework. It is going to stay.

And I deliberately try to give W-ILS a more cartoonish appearance.

Quote from: Meany on September 04, 2010, 03:39:34 PM
All these seemingly random wardrobe changes...  I get it now.  :U  Daryil is Furrae's version of Lady Gaga.  It all makes sense now!

All he needs now is a selection of custom-made high-heeled shoes. 
I wanted to capitalize on Daryil's quirkiness and the Cubi shapeshifting skills, so I tried to draw him differently every time he appeared. :B

It was originally that way.  Somehow it scared the hell out of me, though.  If enough people want it I'll swap it back in...
You see, Tape? I knew people will like the straw! :P

SpottedKitty

I can still imagine him trying to eat it with a spoon or chip-sticks.  How he would pull it off would boggle my mind.

A while back in the Freefall comic, we saw Florence — in zero-gravity — drinking using chopsticks. After all the weird stunts he's pulled, I'm sure Daryil could come up with a similar workable technique. Bonus points for number of minds boggled...

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on September 04, 2010, 08:52:53 PM

What I am going to do for my part is go back and rerender the whole thing chapter by chapter and re-upload it, as I did with page 132.  That won't have the new inking obviously, but it will greatly reduce the aliasing effect.

I might fix one or two strips where the eyes are horrible while I'm at it.  And maybe the off-colour wall paint in chapter 2...

Raskahn

For some strange reason I've got a picture in my mind of Daryil eating souls in a PacMan scene.
"Wokka Wokka Wokka"

LionHeart

Soul-pellets?

Combining pelleted soul-energy and the chopsticks would be an interesting visual...

I also like the "eating with a spoon" idea.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Gabi

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on September 05, 2010, 06:28:52 AM
For some strange reason I've got a picture in my mind of Daryil eating souls in a PacMan scene.
"Wokka Wokka Wokka"
Aary has already made that analogy. It looked better when the images were visible.

Also, I like the straw. I think it suits him.

And I saw a guy eating ice-cream with chopsticks at AC. He said that he found them more comfortable, and that it was possible to eat anything with chopsticks.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Failcakes

There needs to be a sippy cup attachment for young Cubi.

Just sayin', the whole straw thing has the potential for marketing comedy GOLD.

Madmann135

Now if they infuse souls into food then they can eat souls with spoons and chopsticks.  I think I will take some soul candy.  MMMMM faux-soul candy.

Random thought Daryil has respect for the system.  He forgot he was suppose to be in jail and he intentionally-accidentally escaped, now he is going back because he forgot he was suppose to stay there.  If that is not respect for the system I don't know what is.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 06, 2010, 03:54:55 AM
Now if they infuse souls into food then they can eat souls with spoons and chopsticks.  I think I will take some soul candy.  MMMMM faux-soul candy.

Random thought Daryil has respect for the system.  He forgot he was suppose to be in jail and he intentionally-accidentally escaped, now he is going back because he forgot he was suppose to stay there.  If that is not respect for the system I don't know what is.

It's not respect for the system. It's just more chances for increased hilarity and confusion on the part of the people keeping him in there.

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 06, 2010, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on September 06, 2010, 03:54:55 AM

It's not respect for the system. It's just more chances for increased hilarity and confusion on the part of the people keeping him in there.

Wether respect or plot divice, it would seem that it kills Jacob's questions right their and leave the question that hasn't quiet been answered yet. How Jacob isn't a headless or disembody head.

Why its almost a plot devise in itself. So how many distraction will Jacob have to go through before he can explain how he's still alive?

The mind boggles.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on September 07, 2010, 03:10:54 PM
Wether respect or plot divice, it would seem that it kills Jacob's questions right their and leave the question that hasn't quiet been answered yet. How Jacob isn't a headless or disembody head.

Why its almost a plot devise in itself. So how many distraction will Jacob have to go through before he can explain how he's still alive?

The mind boggles.

Whether, device, there, leaves, quite, disembodied.

Device, distractions.

Pay a little attention, and you might even manage to make sense...

Tapewolf

Chakat Blackspots

I was about to ask why Daryl was drinking soul energy, but it has already been explained