04/09/2010 [DMFA #1143] - Where's my tinfoil hat?

Started by Bjalf, September 04, 2010, 06:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on September 04, 2010, 10:36:13 AM
I remember my trips to have my mind scanned. Having your head either in a loud noisy machine while your head can't move or have your Head shaved and having a web cap cap with sensors glued to your head is a little uncomfortable. Though that web cap was a test that demanded that I sleep through it and go a whole day and night without sleep.

Trivial. I can do both of those, no problems. Heck, I do that all the time...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: eonmoon on September 05, 2010, 01:20:37 AM
hmm, if a cubi like fa'lina could be cloned successfully and be a member of her clan, then jyrras would be heavily protected by her, since due to him others could be adopted into the clan fully to replenish numbers

My gut feeling (i.e. if I was designing DMFA's physics) is that trying to clone a 'Cubi from their cells would just give you a Being.  If it worked, it would probably have been attempted by this point, but I'm not the author and could be wrong.

As for Fa'Lina, she's not a normal succubus by any stretch.  She's far enough removed from mortality that she can't reproduce anymore and may very well have no functioning cells that could be cloned from.  I'd say in the best case you'd end up with something bizarre like the Mows.

EDIT: Also, welcome aboard, don't forget to read the rules and so on...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcblade

SCIENCE!  After this, Abel's probably going to hide in the basement for another week.   >:3

Starcat5

Quote from: eonmoon on September 05, 2010, 01:20:37 AM
hmm, if a cubi like fa'lina could be cloned successfully and be a member of her clan, then jyrras would be heavily protected by her, since due to him others could be adopted into the clan fully to replenish numbers, also with races such as the angels i believe it would be a great boon for them, since with his meddling the angel numbers could be strengthened ^^
Meh. Cloning has too many side effects. Now, piece together a viable strand of DNA, place it into a receptive egg cell (possably by way of artificial sperm cell), and Budda Bing, Budda Bang, Budda Baby with two mothers.  :mowmeep
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: starcat5 on September 04, 2010, 11:51:29 PM@Anker Steadfast: Pencil-Genetics?

Those are the genetics that spews forth from Ambaarghs pens.
They are terribly powerful and will defy any logic available ... *dramatic pause* + *clarkson voice* ... in the world !  :D

Also, Fa'Lina pups ?
They'd terrorrize the planet !!
Just imagine a cubi puppy that could teleport ?

*shudder*

:erk

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Starcat5

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on September 05, 2010, 10:02:53 AM
Also, Fa'Lina pups ?

*shudder*

Err... Those little winged bundles of Hope wouldn't be able to access cubi powers until well past puberty, and even then, one needs training to use such a high-level spell. ...or is it mid-range in this `verse?

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

hartree

Quote from: starcat5 on September 04, 2010, 11:51:29 PM
Quote from: jeffh4 on September 04, 2010, 04:40:13 PM
Umm. Starcat? You're raving again.  Time for you to get some sleep!   :)
Considering that after that post I managed to put in 15 hours of deep, REM-less sleep, followed by some quasi-nightmareish dreams before waking up this evening, you may have a point.  ;)

Leave the sleep deprivation to Jyrras. He's a professional, and protected by toon physics.  :mowhappy
Shoes for industry!

Naldru

I'm just trying to understand the difference between quasi-nightmarish dreams and real nightmarish dreams?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Bjalf

Quote from: Naldru on September 05, 2010, 03:54:57 PM
I'm just trying to understand the difference between quasi-nightmarish dreams and real nightmarish dreams?

Sometimes the not-real is to be preferred.

Shampoo vs. real poo.
Champagne vs. real pain.

caustic

Or... Abel could just see into Jy's dreams like Jy wants him to, and he'll see in explicit detail what Jy REALLY thinks of him. Kinda surprised I see all this talk about mind swapping and cloning, but none of this

D'ymkarra

Quote from: caustic on September 05, 2010, 04:07:14 PM
Or... Abel could just see into Jy's dreams like Jy wants him to, and he'll see in explicit detail what Jy REALLY thinks of him. Kinda surprised I see all this talk about mind swapping and cloning, but none of this

I've been wondering when this would come to fruition...I doubt it's going to be as well received by Abel though, as it was by Dan.

Quote from: Bjalf on September 05, 2010, 04:02:21 PM
Quote from: Naldru on September 05, 2010, 03:54:57 PM

Shampoo vs. real poo.
Champagne vs. real pain.

Hahahaha.......
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Icalasari

Quote from: starcat5 on September 05, 2010, 10:15:52 AM
Also, Fa'Lina pups ?

*shudder*

Err... Those little winged bundles of Hope wouldn't be able to access cubi powers until well past puberty, and even then, one needs training to use such a high-level spell. ...or is it mid-range in this `verse?

To be fair, the cells could be affected in such a way that cubi powers are experienced earlier (like how Dolly had things like arthritis sooner)
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Naldru on September 05, 2010, 03:54:57 PMI'm just trying to understand the difference between quasi-nightmarish dreams and real nightmarish dreams?

Shampoo vs. real poo.
Champagne vs. real pain.

:lol

Oh man, Bjalf, you make some of the best replies ever !

Quote from: Icalasari on September 05, 2010, 06:05:35 PM
Also, Fa'Lina pups ?

*shudder*

To be fair, the cells could be affected in such a way that cubi powers are experienced earlier (like how Dolly had things like arthritis sooner)

Besides, when did Fa'Lina ever play by the rules ?
Neitrher would her pups, methinks.

On a sidenote, we don't even know if Fa'Lina uses a Spell as such to teleport, maybe she just .. ignores .. reality a little bit.  :D

Icalasari

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on September 05, 2010, 07:28:56 PM
Quote from: Naldru on September 05, 2010, 03:54:57 PMI'm just trying to understand the difference between quasi-nightmarish dreams and real nightmarish dreams?

Shampoo vs. real poo.
Champagne vs. real pain.

:lol

Oh man, Bjalf, you make some of the best replies ever !

Also, Fa'Lina pups ?

*shudder*

Besides, when did Fa'Lina ever play by the rules ?
Neitrher would her pups, methinks.

On a sidenote, we don't even know if Fa'Lina uses a Spell as such to teleport, maybe she just .. ignores .. reality a lot:D

Wow, you had quite an error there. Fixed now, though
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Starcat5

Quote from: starcat5 on September 05, 2010, 09:58:14 AM
Meh. Cloning has too many side effects. Now, piece together a viable strand of DNA, place it into a receptive egg cell (possably by way of artificial sperm cell), and Budda Bing, Budda Bang, Budda Baby with two mothers.  :mowmeep
...did everyone just MISS that post? *Sigh* In cloning, the "Mother's" DNA is removed from the egg, while the "Father's" DNA is placed in there unaltered. In my "Test Tube Baby" scenario, we are describing a normal egg cell where the the "Father's" DNA is inserted via artificial means, and then this newly fertilized egg is reinserted back into the mother. Fertility clinics do that all the time iRL. The only difference here is that the "Father's" DNA isn't prepackaged in a sperm cell, and in the above scenario, isn't actually coming from a guy. For those keeping score at home, that means that the hypothetical child conceived via two females would lack a Y cromazone by defalt, resulting in a daughter. On the other hand, if the "Father's" DNA actually came from a Male source, than it is up to the doctor/Jy-Jy if the child is male or female.

That_wolf

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 05, 2010, 05:17:07 AM

My gut feeling (i.e. if I was designing DMFA's physics) is that trying to clone a 'Cubi from their cells would just give you a Being. If it worked, it would probably have been attempted by this point, but I'm not the author and could be wrong.

I think the result of cubi/angel cloning would be like a soulless Fae. Depressing.
Abel needs a hug...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: starcat5 on September 05, 2010, 11:56:56 PM
...did everyone just MISS that post?

No. It's just that the intricacies of what you were suggesting were over the heads of most of the posters, since you didn't actually provide any details, so pretty much everyone ignored you as they presumed you were suggesting cloning anyway.

Sucky, huh? It may be worth thinking that perhaps not everyone here is a biologist...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Actually, I understood it just fine.
I just figured that Amber's Pencil Genetics trumps DNA Cloning, and so I didn't worry about it. :)

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on September 08, 2010, 08:49:59 PM
Actually, I understood it just fine.
I just figured that Amber's Pencil Genetics trumps DNA Cloning, and so I didn't worry about it. :)

Bwahahaha, "Pencil Genetics". I gotta remember that one xD