9/12/2010 [Last Resort #196] Not something you can really groove to.

Started by Stupid N00bie, September 12, 2010, 05:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupid N00bie

So is this one of those subliminal whispering in you ear kinda loudness, or are we talkin' "WHAT! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SCREAMING COMMANDS OF OUR IRON-FISTED OVERLORDS!"
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

joshofspam

Well judging by mouths and actions, we've lost Ace, Cypress, and Two of her guards.

I would guess that the strange and not quite understood nature of Adharia and her pet Efrit protects her and we have several special beings in the group that might be able to resist. So this might be a fight between special and normal people.

Wait... Slick is a normal person and he's riding shotgun on Adharia. Oh no. 
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Starcat5

Quote from: joshofspam on September 12, 2010, 10:47:00 AM
Well judging by mouths and actions, we've lost Ace, Cypress, and Two of her guards.

I would guess that the strange and not quite understood nature of Adharia and her pet Efrit protects her and we have several special beings in the group that might be able to resist. So this might be a fight between special and normal people.

Wait... Slick is a normal person and he's riding shotgun on Adharia. Oh no. 
Worse still. This could mean that he really DID kill his old man.  :erk
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Keleth

I have no idea what's going on here.

:c It looks like there's some random lettering on...something. And it's attacking people, the closest thing I can think of is a giant book that's flopping on people.
Help! I'm gay!

Stupid N00bie

Right, so Celeste can do this trick called "Toning" which basically uses almost imperceptible sounds to force someone into doing what the Celeste wants.

Scattered all around this ship that they are on are these ultra-high quality speakers that can play this trick, thus a Celeste can have a whole ship doing their commands.(Start of bad)

Someone just turned them on.(Getting bad)

So far, the only ones that we can tell that are resisting are White-noise, Ace, Addy, and Jigsaw, leaving a large number of soldiers under its control.(Getting worse)

The command of these soldiers is now under it's effect, and wants them to turn off the forcefield so she can go for a "Walk".(Getting very worse)

There is an open pool of nanomachines that is within easy walking distance.(About as bad as it can go)

The resistant don't know who turned the speakers on, or where he is.(It just got worse)
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.