Introduction to the Forum

Started by Saphroneth, August 23, 2010, 01:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saphroneth

Hi.
First time actually posting anything on the forum (or basically any forum), but have been looking at stuff (mainly Tapewolf related, to be honest, after finding his Project Future comic, his stories and so on) for some time.
My intent in joining is fairly specific, in that I want to start a sort of RP thread based on the concept of the Lets Play, but it's likely I'll just end up staying around the place.
Likely that you'll find me either desperately trying to operate the Let's Play thing, or unable to move away from Jayhawk.

My previous experience with trying to mix CWM etc. content and RPs was essentially pinching the entire cast of Project Future at the time, using them as NPCs in a D&D campaign, and asking for permission two weeks in. (oops!)

I never was much good at introductions...
What? I like the crazy powerful. Or is it just crazy...

I also write stuff: http://saphroneth.deviantart.com/ and http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2996114/Saphroneth
Caution: things posted when they're finished, not in any real order.

techmaster-glitch

Let's Play is about video games, right? That'd likely go in the Castle Keep sub board of Outer Fortress.

Other than that, welcome to the forums, and maybe I'll see you in some of the other RPs on the Haunted Ballroom ;)

VAE

***STANDARD INTRODUCTION PROTOCOL***
RULES READ.... OK
BOXES BEWARED OF....OK
HAS FUN....OK
PROCEEDING.....
WELCOME TO THE FORU
ERRNO 4
CORE DUMPED

@Tech
I talked to Saphroneth on skype before... the let's play he means to do is a type of roleplay - a game is played , in this case XCOM, and the players assume the roles of various characters, with as much "poetic license" as the game allows....  then it sort of works both ways with basically the stuff happening in game dictating the what normally would be GM's actions...
I can link some examples if you want
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

techmaster-glitch

Ooh, gotcha. Oh, and you already know him? Neat!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Saphroneth on August 23, 2010, 01:48:33 PM
Hi.
First time actually posting anything on the forum (or basically any forum), but have been looking at stuff (mainly Tapewolf related, to be honest, after finding his Project Future comic, his stories and so on) for some time.

[Cringes with embarrassment]

Hi, I remember you from FA.  Welcome aboard, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.  And read some of those other comics too, they're good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Suwako

Hello and welcome.

Enjoy your stay and don't let the silliness scare you away. Remember that this forum is filled with dangerous danger and most generous people. Though if you ask for money they will do horrible things upon you.

This.
That.
....okay.
Everything.