Does anyone live in or near Davis, CA?

Started by rhyfe2002, July 30, 2010, 04:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhyfe2002

Asked because I'll be going there for a week, and I have absolutely no idea what to do there >_>

I'll be staying near the University of California - Davis campus, and I'd appreciate it if any natives told me what would be interesting to see/do over there  :B

Jairus

Heh, I did actually live there while I was going to UC Davis, but I moved a few months ago.

To be frank, I am the WRONG person to ask what to do in Davis. I rarely did much, and the most exciting thing I did when the family wasn't visiting was go to a movie. It's a beautiful place for walking and biking, and I think most of the students are gone so the population is lower than usual. There's a bunch of stores downtown if you're interested in shopping. Sacramento isn't that far of a drive away if you wanna visit there, they've got some museums and a historical section I believe.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

techmaster-glitch

Heh. As Jairus knows, I live only a county or two away from the one Davis is in but uh, I don't do much either :animesweat I just live in an itty-bitty little town...

Jairus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 30, 2010, 10:38:48 AM
Heh. As Jairus knows, I live only a county or two away from the one Davis is in but uh, I don't do much either :animesweat I just live in an itty-bitty little town...
We completely forgot to arrange that little get-together, didn't we?

techmaster-glitch

Ah yeah...I think we were both busy at the time, though. Ah well. :/

rhyfe2002

Sadly I won't be able to drive, so I'll be either cycling around in a bike... or just legging it. I guess that kind of limits the options to where I want to go.  *sigh*

Jairus

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 30, 2010, 12:46:31 PM
Sadly I won't be able to drive, so I'll be either cycling around in a bike... or just legging it. I guess that kind of limits the options to where I want to go.  *sigh*
Davis is a great biking town. Lots of areas to bike and look around.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It depends on how near you're referring to. I'm fairly near, on an interplanetary scale...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rhyfe2002

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2010, 09:25:58 AM
It depends on how near you're referring to. I'm fairly near, on an interplanetary scale...

Near, as in able to traverse from where I'm staying to over there and back in a day, in a bicycle, or at the very least, a train.  :U  In any case, I'm here already... looks awesome so far, but gets slightly scary at night when nobody's around  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

It'd need to be a fairly fast train.

Not to mention significantly waterproof, what with the Atlantic Ocean being in the way. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 02, 2010, 06:16:20 AM
It'd need to be a fairly fast train.

Not to mention significantly waterproof, what with the Atlantic Ocean being in the way. ;-]
Or as soon as it hits the ocean it could start flying a few feet above the surface.

Keleth

I always kinda chuckle when someone says "There's nothing to do in this town"

I love to explore. And even just walking around a town can reveal a lot about the history of it.

There's usually the same things to do in each place you visit, it's just they're located at slightly different locations (Obviously).

It helps being easily entertained, loving history and just being naturally curious :p
Help! I'm gay!