Fire BAD! now with 20% more homelssness

Started by Brunhidden, July 07, 2010, 11:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

the roof is.... gone

well, it WAS on fire

monday the house where my family was staying had a bit of a problem, as seen in this newspaper article
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/97817559.html
and thus i can get online for the first time in a long time because the hotel the red cross set us up with has a free internet kiosk.

on the upside, the 60% of the house that was destroyed does not include the bedrooms (except my kids roof) and the majority of important stuff was spared. heck, even the dog we were pet sitting got out okay. also, grandma got in the news more then we did because she went back into the garage twice to get wedding dresses out of the car (shes a seamstress, and several weddings worth of dresses were in her back seat)

so, homeless now, talk to you guys later!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

techmaster-glitch

Hooo-leee crap... O_O

I...I don't know what to say. Man, I hope something will work out for you and your family. Best wishes to all of you.

Suwako

Oh my, I guess we should be thankful that you people are still alive after such a disaster, still my condolences go out to you brun. I wish you best of luck finding another home, may it be better than the last or at least more fireproof.  :)

Lysander

Yeah, man. Luck to ya. Hope the insurance can cover something.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Damaris

I'm glad you all made it out okay *hugs*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Pyrofox

Sorry about your house. I hope it will get fixed as quickly as possible.

Brunhidden

okay, adjustments made

even though only 60% of the bulding was destroyed by fire, contractors now agree the house has to be leveled and started over

still homeless and living in a cheap hotel

dropped out of school

changed work schedule to be fully third shift

godamnit i STILL smell like charcoal briquettes

computer crapped out, not sure if its the hard drive or the power supply

went to renesance faire in hopes of lightening our moods, but the eighty bucks we set asside to go there dissappeared somewhere so we had to make do without buying anything and eating very little. oddly enough we saw two fursuiters, and took pics of the kids hugging them. ill post more on that later

the fine Gabi expressed her concerns and actually offered to organize something to solicit sympathy from people, nice gesture but i doubt it would have gone anywhere

hopefully soon to rejoin the community proper instead of just showing up to say something bad happened

techmaster-glitch

man...insurance is at least covering the cost of rebuilding the house, right? :(

Brunhidden

actually, no

just today the insureance company decided that although they had never missed a payment they would deny coverage and refuse to pay for another day of hotel

fortunately we just found a 3 bedroom duplex that we can move into, which is out of our price range, and goes on market august first...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lysander

There must be a way to contest that determination to the company directly or in court. Not only have they paid every month, but they have not been late.  :januscat
TytajLucheek

Drayco84

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 21, 2010, 03:40:31 PM
actually, no

just today the insureance company decided that although they had never missed a payment they would deny coverage and refuse to pay for another day of hotel
'B' freakin' 'S' man... However, this isn't the forum to complain about such things and possibly even get results...
However, THIS site is. Shout loudly enough in terms of negative publicity, and you'd be surprised and how much some of these companies would be willing to pay to make you stop.