10/07/2010 [AS2 #104] - There Is Hope

Started by RandomMetaphysics, July 10, 2010, 03:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Quote from: Turnsky on July 12, 2010, 07:32:20 AM
Quote from: Rafe on July 11, 2010, 09:53:42 PM
*yet another Edward = Aniz discussion*

so how's that course in beating dead horses working out for you?  >:3

Well, beating a flab of dead meat with a hammer is an integral part in making schnitzels!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Nerikull

This update made me de-lurk!

D'aaaaawwwwwww!

Just when you think that Mink cannot get any more cute...

--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Turnsky on July 12, 2010, 07:32:20 AM
Quote from: fanboys*yet another Edward = Aniz discussion*
so how's that course in beating dead horses working out for you fellas?  >:3

Pretty well actually - I hardly ever miss it anymore. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

That's because it's the thread that never ends.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Arcblade

Quote from: Traveller on July 12, 2010, 03:53:48 AM
Nobody hurt Mink.  Nobody hurt Mink EVER.

Seconded.  Wonder what Jin's like in person... 

Tangent

Awww! *sniffle* *happy place*

Darn. Now I wish Amber could have been at ConnectiCon. Though considering I was shouting "No free hugs!" at all of the young geeks with "free hug" signs at the convention, I'd probably not glomp her. ^^;;
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Attic Rat

Just a thought here. Has anyone noticed that Abel's eyes now look like they did when Fa'lina briefly removed his emotions?

That'd be really clever of Mink. Stop a panic attack by canceling the victim's emotions. Abel's physical wound is not serious, so once he's stopped mentally freaking out it'll be easier to fix his bleeding jaw. the words "There is hope" would help there, too.

Hope is a promise, and promises can be fulfilled or not. Mink appears to have begun fulfilling his promise before he even gave it. An emotionless Abel would take note of that.

Or maybe I'm over-thinking this. yeah... Probably.  Time for a cookie!  :mowcookie
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Inumo

I think you might be (over-thinking, that is). Comparing emotionless-ness to current, they don't seem to be all that similar. The eyes aren't as apathetic, and the colored portion isn't as flat or as big. I could be missing something though.

Tangent

Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

That_wolf

So... when was Mink confirmed to be a guy? ...Or have a gender?
Abel needs a hug...

Drayco84

Wow... Three pages and not one word about getting this in a wallpaper... Oh well, easily fixed.

I, hereby humbly and respectfully request that the last scene be made into a wallpaper.
Seriously, this scene is making even me start to tear up. (And I've only ever cried openly wept on three games... Rhapsody, Disgaea, and Metal Gear Solid 3.)

Attic Rat

Quote from: Inumo on July 13, 2010, 02:38:08 AM
I think you might be (over-thinking, that is). Comparing emotionless-ness to current, they don't seem to be all that similar. The eyes aren't as apathetic, and the colored portion isn't as flat or as big. I could be missing something though.

Yeah, not important... But I was thinking of the comic just before that one, the first three panels of this:
emotionless-ness
There are differences, but the removal of the lines around his irises is the same.

Inumo

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 13, 2010, 11:13:57 AM
Wow... Three pages and not one word about getting this in a wallpaper... Oh well, easily fixed.

I, hereby humbly and respectfully request that the last scene be made into a wallpaper.
Seriously, this scene is making even me start to tear up. (And I've only ever cried openly wept on three games... Rhapsody, Disgaea, and Metal Gear Solid 3.)

After a few minutes of Photoshop shenanigans...

Is this close enough to what you were looking for? It's currently at 1024x768 resolution. If you want the .bmp to use instead of the .jpg, let me know and I'll try to figure out a way to get it to you.

Drayco84

Nah, jpg will work fine and the resolution is perfect.

Ryy Lazurus

It was trully a beautul moment. I have to agree with Tapewolf that it seems more possable that Mink just left the SAIA. I imagin he'll be following his mothers footsteps. Or maybe working in a childrens Hospitol perhaps... (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_524.php)

Attic Rat

I hadn't caught this before: In the insert image of the last frame, are Abel's claws extended and red?
And--holes--in Mink's arm?
That would add an off-putting note to an otherwise purely happy image.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Attic Rat on July 14, 2010, 07:23:52 PM
I hadn't caught this before: In the insert image of the last frame, are Abel's claws extended and red?
And--holes--in Mink's arm?
That would add an off-putting note to an otherwise purely happy image.

No, more likely its just blood streaking.

Arcblade

Quote from: Attic Rat on July 13, 2010, 12:39:50 PM
Yeah, not important... But I was thinking of the comic just before that one, the first three panels of this:
emotionless-ness
There are differences, but the removal of the lines around his irises is the same.

I'm willing to bet it's just an effect of having magic used directly on you.  That's how it feels to me, and also, if Abel had no emotions, I doubt he'd have returned Mink's hug. 

Quote from: That_wolf on July 13, 2010, 08:44:57 AM
So... when was Mink confirmed to be a guy? ...Or have a gender?
I don't think it was confirmed.  It's just convenient to choose one or the other.