How's the weather been?

Started by bill, August 03, 2006, 03:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Just a random weather discussion thread. Everyone loves the weather, right?

Amazingly hot for New England, yesterday. Hit 3 digit tempatures in Hollis, which caused my computer fan to screech for mercy. To give you an idea of how hot it was, it hit 65F. AT THE MOUNT WASHINGTON SUMMIT. (If you don't know, Mount Washington is one of the coldest locations in North America. It also managed to get a wind speed of 230 MPH in 1934.)

ElectroMotive

no kidding Bill. Down here in NY it was about the same thing. about 110 degrees today.

Destina Faroda

There's only one answer...

It's too damn hot.
Sig coming...whenever...

Zina

It's been fairly pleasent here.
:3

bill

Agreed. Too cold is oddly fun, in a way. A couple years ago, they cancelled school due to temps at about -30F. I didn't hear, so I waited for the bus anyway. Too hot, however, is utterly unbearable.

Supercheese

I don't notice the heat... I treat Air Conditioning the same way I treat Oxygen: necesary for life.

Although it does get a mite warm when I'm doing DDR on heavy mode...

bill

Fun story:

Us: We like this house! It doesn't have central air, though.
Real Estate Agent: LOL nubs, you don't need central air in New Hampshire!
Us: LOL we r nubs. (Buy house)

*** 1 summer later ***
Us: arrrrrrrrrgh.

Leafar

Brazil:

yesterday: hot
today: hot
tomorrow: hot
now for more 1.000.000.000 years: probably yet freaking hot!

Kasarn

It's currently 17°C/62°F in my room with the door closed... it's a few degrees cooler outside.

Although, back on New Year's Day

bill

Morning thunderstorm right now. Not too common.

Sketchy boy

GAH!!  This heat in texas is just unbearable!!  Its rained everywere except us and our neighboring cities!!  D:

The heat changes people.  Makeing them angry from the irratable heat.  Doind so causes road rage.  I learned that yesterday.

Me: WOA! that guy just cut us o-
Mom: You stupid b****!  Learn to drive!
Me: :eek

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 03, 2006, 09:48:21 PM
Real Estate Agent: LOL nubs, you don't need central air in New Hampshire!

Yup. You are noobs, if you believe -anything- a real estate tells you that isn't written down in triplicate...

*grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Vidar

Quote from: Kasarn on August 04, 2006, 12:24:44 AM
It's currently 17°C/62°F in my room with the door closed... it's a few degrees cooler outside.

:boggle

How the heck do you survive such temperatures?

Outside my windows it's cloudy, rainy, soggy, and around 21 degrees Celsius. Excelent weather for staying indoors.  :)
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Lysander

Back in Utah things have been weird. Normally it's uncomfortably warm (the kind that drains your energy) half the Summer, where the other half is just plain hot. Until the past two weeks the weather has been changing from freaking hot to extra cool and back in just a few days time.
I love being outside in cloudy, rainy, and soggy weather. The only thing the sun does is give me a good reason to wear my cloak, as otherwise it's only because it's awsome. :januscat
TytajLucheek

bill

I'd love to live in Utah. Some nice skiing in New England, but I've heard it's not a patch on the West.

Kasarn

Quote from: Vidar on August 04, 2006, 10:25:04 AM
Quote from: Kasarn on August 04, 2006, 12:24:44 AM

:boggle

How the heck do you survive such temperatures?

I recall that I almost passed out D:
Anyway, that day was the hottest day for a long, long, long, long time. In outer Sydney, the usual summer max temps are 30-35°C (85-95°F).

Aridas

Well, in the past few weeks, some of you know about the bad storm we had over here, and there was another somewhere in the same general area (AKA the province), other than that, the weather's alright, but it's hot by canadian standards. Increasing temperature differences in the winter and summer suck.

ilpalazzo

Very plesent weather here, ncie cool breeze, and got to about 70 today.

Rowne

I say now with my best Marvin the Martian impression ...

We are not amused.

The weather has been death here in the UK because we're used to cloudy skies and rain.

Where's our rain?  Dammit, who took our rain?!  Has someone stolen our weather machine?  Have we forsaken an ancient rain God?  Is nature mad at us?  Oh, what must we do?  What's that you say?  Murder 50,000 defilers of the Kyoto Protocol?  It shall be done, oh it shall be done.

The weather is also making me a bit not right in the noggin.

No, sorry, I take that back.

The weather is making me a lot not right in the noggin.

I need to build a time machine.

Miaka

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 03, 2006, 09:41:08 PM
Agreed. Too cold is oddly fun, in a way. A couple years ago, they cancelled school due to temps at about -30F. I didn't hear, so I waited for the bus anyway. Too hot, however, is utterly unbearable.
That happened to us two or three years ago, too.... only problem was, we weren't able to have any fun with that extra day we had because it was too damn cold. but, eh. a day off of school's a day off school.

Massachusetts has been absurdly hot, yeah. as in... the arena theater at Tufts is air conditioned... the moment you step out of it and into the air it's like *FWOOSH YOUR PANTS ARE ON FIRE* except probably something less brought on by sleepy. either way, crazy.
but this inter we got this crazy blizzard-storm thing in the middle of school. like, there was bloody thunder. we went ouside and danced in it. either way, that dumped way too much snow on us, and we didn't get school off. <<

Poofyspikes

Oddly enough, down here in southern California it's been relatively cool for the last week or so. But pretty much all of July was ridiculously hot.

bill

Quote from: Miaka on August 05, 2006, 10:05:08 AM
Massachusetts has been absurdly hot, yeah. as in... the arena theater at Tufts is air conditioned... the moment you step out of it and into the air it's like *FWOOSH YOUR PANTS ARE ON FIRE* except probably something less brought on by sleepy. either way, crazy.
but this inter we got this crazy blizzard-storm thing in the middle of school. like, there was bloody thunder. we went ouside and danced in it. either way, that dumped way too much snow on us, and we didn't get school off. <<

Boston, right? Is it true that they teach you how to tailgate in Driver's School?  :P

Nikki

Let's see... colorado as of right now:

83 degrees farenheit

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Miaka

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 05, 2006, 01:33:27 PM
Quote from: Miaka on August 05, 2006, 10:05:08 AM

Boston, right? Is it true that they teach you how to tailgate in Driver's School?  :P

wouldn't know. I do, however, know that they tell you to break the speed limit.  ;)

bill

Driving school isn't as fun as it sounds. Boring as hell. Make sure to enjoy and abuse our no-sales-tax laws.  :P

Hilary

If one more person asks if it's "hot enough for ya" I'm going to snap. Although maybe we can melt some of those polar ice caps to help cool stuff down. I just came back from the beach in South Carolina where the heat index was 110F-- yay, I have a tan now. But also a crapload of freckles. *sports freckles with pride* In North Carolina it is... betcha can't guess... too frickin' HOT. But now I am vacationing in the mountains, so it's a lot better. It's still hot, though, 'cause the people we're 'borrowing' the house from also opted out of AC. *grumbles about real estate agents*

This, my friends, is when nudist colonies' buisness starts picking up.

I bet it's some kind of conspiracy.

Here's something I bet you hadn't thought about-- I quote Savage from Blogcoven-- stepping from fridge to heat-haze is one good way to induce an aneurysm. Happens out in the middle east every so often. Tourist hits the hotel, cranks up the cooler, chills right down, then decides to go check out the bazzaar. Walks out the door into 112 and BAM! Brain-Pop City!

Hehe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rowne on August 05, 2006, 09:18:06 AM
I say now with my best Marvin the Martian impression ...

We are not amused.

Speak for yourself. I've been enjoying the weather quite a bit :-)

... admittedly, I'm probably no better in the noggin than you are, just now :)

Dakata

It's too hot where I live. D: I'm wearing shorts and -no- shirt, and I'm DYING.

Stupid air conditioner. D: It's not making me not-hot.

(And no, I am not going to go outside. D: Even if there's no food in the house and I'm really, really hungry. I'll die out there. The sun wants to kill meeee...*Hisssss*)

llearch n'n'daCorna

And? I'm wearing no shirt, comfortably, at 2am. *shrug*

Dakata

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 06, 2006, 09:00:31 PMAnd? I'm wearing no shirt, comfortably, at 2am. *shrug*
I'm HOT. D: And I'm barely wearing anything!

...*Tries to kill the little box with evil dragon jealousy* D=<