06/05/2010 [PF #118] - Soul! Soul! Soul!

Started by Meany, June 05, 2010, 06:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meany

...Curiouser and curiouser.   A Councilor's soul goes missing, and soon after a soul in a bullet comes by Jakob.  Does anyone else see a connection? :V

How does Jakob get mail exactly?  I imagine being in the Arctic would put off any postmen from stopping by.

Also, I hereby have a new name for Dorcan. :U  Hunkasaurus Rex.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on June 05, 2010, 06:25:06 PM
How does Jakob get mail exactly?  I imagine being in the Arctic would put off any postmen from stopping by.

It's airdropped in batches every so often.  I was originally thinking of using that as the tagline for the comic, but Ren's was much better.

Strictly, they have a portal link to the Jayhawk headquarters - which will feature in an upcoming chapter - but that's a secret, since it's officially supposed to be an independent research station.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

I liked the joke. I guess that means Jakob's team did a good job. :P

Some people believe a silver bullet can kill anything. I don't think that's the case, but it's still deadly enough. Especially if it can trap a soul inside itself.

Hey, one of Jakob's wings on panel 6 is red. It looks a bit weird.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on June 05, 2010, 06:44:16 PM
Some people believe a silver bullet can kill anything. I don't think that's the case, but it's still deadly enough. Especially if it can trap a soul inside itself.

For the record, I have no idea whether Weres have to be shot with a silver bullet in the DMFA world, but given how secretive and poorly-understood they are, it's the sort of myth you'd expect to crop up.

QuoteHey, one of Jakob's wings on panel 6 is red. It looks a bit weird.
Whoops.  I guess we missed that.

EDIT: Fixed, may need to refresh the page, though.

Gabi

I gathered as much. I assume they're vulnerable to regular bullets too. They may be able to protect themselves with magic, but nothing Amber said suggested Weres had any kind of natural resistance to damage. But yes, spreading rumors can be a good defensive strategy.

Madmann135

So now that he has finished his robot bodies people are going to be sending him souls to put in them?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Its going to be entersting to see what this next android will kook like. :U

We've got to remember Dorcan got buff. :3 So what improvement would this next body have? >:3

Also Why didn't the police mention the missing bullet if this is the same bullet? :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: joshofspam on June 05, 2010, 11:06:58 PM

We've got to remember Dorcan got buff. :3 So what improvement would this next body have? >:3
Oh, you will be surprised. >:]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 06, 2010, 06:51:02 AM

Dammit Ren, you're making me impatient for the next page  :B

Keleth

Microwave oven?
Help! I'm gay!

Chakat Blackspots

You would think someone would send a letter explaining what it is.  I think it is from the priest(?) who killed Councilor Renward Wils:  http://project-future.org/strip.php?strip=111

Gabi

I chuckled when I read that. I'm sure he will be. :mowgrin

Corgatha Taldorthar

A silver bullet wouldn't actually be terribly effective. Silver isn't as dense as lead is, so the bullet won't have the same kind of impact, and it's harder, so it won't be able to take advantage of rifling grooves. Still, at the range shown, if it's the "priest" shooting......... probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

1st and 3rd panels, there's a little red box marked "Choco crap". I *know* I've seen it before, but I can't quite place where. Invader Zim perhaps? Seems possible, but  I don't think that was one of their gags, actually.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

Choco crap has been seen on Project Future before. It's what they give Kirian to keep 'her' at ease.

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on June 06, 2010, 09:44:03 AM
You would think someone would send a letter explaining what it is.
Actually, there's a very good reason why they haven't.  But this isn't explained for some time :<

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 06, 2010, 11:16:25 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on June 06, 2010, 08:28:56 AM
Microwave oven?
Dammit! How did you know? :dface

Is it a good idea to microwave...a soul?!  Don't forget the tinfoil shielding, as nobody likes fried nuts. XD

Seriously now, Ren's are seems to be improving when it comes to musculature.  Now if only he could draw the women hotter and curvier.  Heh heh, all right...OH!

Icon by Sunblink

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: ChaosMageX on June 06, 2010, 05:52:34 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 06, 2010, 11:16:25 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on June 06, 2010, 08:28:56 AM
Microwave oven?
Dammit! How did you know? :dface

Is it a good idea to microwave...a soul?!  Don't forget the tinfoil shielding, as nobody likes fried nuts. XD

Seriously now, Ren's are seems to be improving when it comes to musculature.  Now if only he could draw the women hotter and curvier.  Heh heh, all right...OH!

No, they would add a microwave to the cyborg body.  I agree with you, the women need to be curvier, they already look as hot as they are going to be.

Madmann135

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 06, 2010, 10:52:11 AM
A silver bullet wouldn't actually be terribly effective. Silver isn't as dense as lead is, so the bullet won't have the same kind of impact, and it's harder, so it won't be able to take advantage of rifling grooves. Still, at the range shown, if it's the "priest" shooting......... probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

1st and 3rd panels, there's a little red box marked "Choco crap". I *know* I've seen it before, but I can't quite place where. Invader Zim perhaps? Seems possible, but  I don't think that was one of their gags, actually.

A silver bullet is meant to be a representation of a rich man's bullet. 
In a few myths and legends Silver is also a 'magic' metal as it wards off evil and can help conducts spells.
Now a days using silver for bullets are impractical but in my opinion an insult-injury kind of situation.  The insult is that the bullet probably cost upwards if not over a hundred bucks which meant that the one who shot the bullet planned the hit long in advance, the injury is that the one that got shot is probably dead from a really expensive bullet.

Silver is harder and lighter than Pb, but because Silver in all likely hood has to be precision-cut from a block of silver and longer in order to account for the reduced density, Silver bullets could be more accurate than copper body bullets if the one who cut the bullet knows what they are doing.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on June 06, 2010, 06:02:20 PM
No, they would add a microwave to the cyborg body.  I agree with you, the women need to be curvier, they already look as hot as they are going to be.

Heh, he'd be the perfect roommate for Joshua then, since Joshua has a refrigerator in his android body. XD

The microwave and mini-fridge are the two most common appliances in a college dorm that doesn't have a kitchen. :P

Icon by Sunblink

Meany

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2010, 11:42:12 AM
Actually, there's a very good reason why they haven't.  But this isn't explained for some time :<
You just enjoy hanging a carrot in front of us readers don't you? :P

I also just noticed something.  Dorcan, as he appears in this comic, seems noticeably larger than he did a few comics earlier.  Did he go in for an upgrade, or is it wishful thinking on my part? :V

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

joshofspam

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 06, 2010, 06:39:46 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 06, 2010, 10:52:11 AM

A silver bullet is meant to be a representation of a rich man's bullet. 
In a few myths and legends Silver is also a 'magic' metal as it wards off evil and can help conducts spells.
Now a days using silver for bullets are impractical but in my opinion an insult-injury kind of situation.  The insult is that the bullet probably cost upwards if not over a hundred bucks which meant that the one who shot the bullet planned the hit long in advance, the injury is that the one that got shot is probably dead from a really expensive bullet.

Silver is harder and lighter than Pb, but because Silver in all likely hood has to be precision-cut from a block of silver and longer in order to account for the reduced density, Silver bullets could be more accurate than copper body bullets if the one who cut the bullet knows what they are doing.

I wonder in this case silver is a better conductor of souls then the standard bullet?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on June 06, 2010, 10:43:32 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2010, 11:42:12 AM
Actually, there's a very good reason why they haven't.  But this isn't explained for some time :<
You just enjoy hanging a carrot in front of us readers don't you? :P

Actually I'm mortified at how far off that point is...

QuoteI also just noticed something.  Dorcan, as he appears in this comic, seems noticeably larger than he did a few comics earlier.  Did he go in for an upgrade, or is it wishful thinking on my part? :V
In terms of bulk?  In his last appearance sans shirt (sans any clothes at all, in fact) he was a little too lean for someone who's supposed to be muscular.  Personally I think Ren may have gone just a little too far in the other direction, but I wasn't quite sure.  'Course it may have had something to do with me describing him as 'our token beefcake character' while discussing how to clothe him in this page.

Quote from: joshofspam on June 06, 2010, 11:09:55 PM
I wonder in this case silver is a better conductor of souls then the standard bullet?
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking in terms of.  Easier to turn into a soul-trap, anyway.

Tapewolf

Not quite the update I was hoping for, but needs must.  See also the rant.