05/29/2010 [PF #117] - Coming up next, convenient plot exposition!

Started by Jairus, May 29, 2010, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Great. Daryil got bored again. Can't we get him one of those catnip balls with the jingly bell inside?

So, is there any reason we're giving Amber more ammo for fanart?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on May 29, 2010, 02:31:36 PM
Great. Daryil got bored again. Can't we get him one of those catnip balls with the jingly bell inside?
Probably won't work, since he's not a cat.

QuoteSo, is there any reason we're giving Amber more ammo for fanart?
You've lost me there...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2010, 02:34:22 PM
Quote from: Jairus on May 29, 2010, 02:31:36 PM
Probably won't work, since he's not a cat.
Curses. Can Yak invent Foxnip or something?

QuoteSo, is there any reason we're giving Amber more ammo for fanart?
You've lost me there...
Daryil just married two male police officers.

Madmann135

I can actually see Daryil doing that.  This raises one more question, was Daryil a reverend in the past?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Zedd

Teehee..But it's amusing how the fox has a cunning plan for us all :3

Also I like the police outfit Oni is in

Meany

Wait....isn't that the same Ren who was at the Tree Party? :U  Secondly, why the highlighter green police vehicle?
Quote from: Madmann135 on May 29, 2010, 02:36:46 PM
I can actually see Daryil doing that.  This raises one more question, was Daryil a reverend in the past?

Maybe he partook of a certain mail order Priest course? :U

Also, not sure if this has come up before but here goes:  Why is Nial black?  I'm unaware of a breed of fox that has a black color, so does that make him a very dark gray fox, or some Furrae-specific fox breed.

*dives into the bunker*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on May 29, 2010, 02:49:32 PM
Secondly, why the highlighter green police vehicle?
Perhaps there was a little too much green in the mix, but round here, they're all high-visibility.  I was tempted to add the Welsh translation underneath 'POLICE' as well.

QuoteMaybe he partook of a certain mail order Priest course? :U
Daryil's been a lot of people in the past, he's probably been ordained at some point.  Which religion he's actually been ordained into is a whole different matter, of course.

QuoteAlso, not sure if this has come up before but here goes:  Why is Nial black?  I'm unaware of a breed of fox that has a black color, so does that make him a very dark gray fox, or some Furrae-specific fox breed.
It's a long story.  Turnsky drew him first as a commission before I seriously considered doing the comic.  Shortly before I properly started writing the story, in fact.
As part of the commission spec I originally said he was a wolf-fox hybrid, and the original plan for the story was that he appeared as a fox first and then turned into the foxwolf when Jakob broke cover.
Turnsky drew this:

http://turnsky.deviantart.com/art/Spark-and-oil-change-83376291  (left hand side)

...and I loved the colours so much that I retconned him into a pure fox with that unnatural colour scheme.

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2010, 03:05:56 PM
Perhaps there was a little too much green in the mix, but round here, they're all high-visibility.  I was tempted to add the Welsh translation underneath 'POLICE' as well.

Wouldn't that cause the car to be covered in spit?

joshofspam

One has to wonder if Daryil was acting as a distraction and if we going to have another android body running around?

While Daryil has always been random, it seems to coincidental to the time of the murder of this person. Not to mention Jacob's son running of like that.

I almost see a Young Frankenstein seen taking place when Niall gets to where he needs to go. Then again he could be going to the restroom after eating some bad chili.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

hapless

You know, the so-called "Silver fox" (not to be confused with Russian Tame Silver Fox), is actually having a mix of white and black color on each single hair, and the proportion varies. Some specimens are completely black, except for the tailtip.
Random googled example of such "almost black" one.
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Chakat Blackspots

Daryl is simply crazy (but thats just me being Mr Observant)

Quote from: Meany on May 29, 2010, 02:49:32 PM
Wait....isn't that the same Ren who was at the Tree Party? :U  Secondly, why the highlighter green police vehicle?
Quote from: Madmann135 on May 29, 2010, 02:36:46 PM
I can actually see Daryil doing that.  This raises one more question, was Daryil a reverend in the past?

Maybe he partook of a certain mail order Priest course? :U

Also, not sure if this has come up before but here goes:  Why is Nial black?  I'm unaware of a breed of fox that has a black color, so does that make him a very dark gray fox, or some Furrae-specific fox breed.

*dives into the bunker*

Niall is an obvious dark gray on my monitor.  (Possibly lighter gamma settings on my LCD monitor)

Also, why is Niall walking away in the fourth panel?

Tapewolf

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on May 30, 2010, 12:26:57 AM
Niall is an obvious dark gray on my monitor.  (Possibly lighter gamma settings on my LCD monitor)

His base colour is #494949, so he's about 29% grey (0 being black and 100 being white).
EDIT: There is some gamma correction as part of the comic assembly though.

QuoteAlso, why is Niall walking away in the fourth panel?
That's the million dollar question.

VAE

Heh... just came to read the comic...
There is a slight amusing detail.... the city name ... "New Kunda" - the last is a swearword in Czech... meaning c**t
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: danman on May 30, 2010, 08:04:41 AM
Heh... just came to read the comic...
There is a slight amusing detail.... the city name ... "New Kunda" - the last is a swearword in Czech... meaning c**t

Whoops.  Usually I check for that sort of thing, I obviously dropped the ball there.  I should probably change that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2010, 03:05:56 PM
QuoteMaybe he partook of a certain mail order Priest course? :U
Daryil's been a lot of people in the past, he's probably been ordained at some point.  Which religion he's actually been ordained into is a whole different matter, of course.

The question is not if he's been ordained. The question is if he's been defrocked...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Well, considering the lack of a marriage license and that both partners are most likely unwilling, I doubt it's a binding marriage. I mean, I dunno if Furrae has marriage licenses, but even then you've still got the unwilling participants angle.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 30, 2010, 05:23:28 PM
The question is not if he's been ordained. The question is if he's been defrocked...

What if the religion itself has faded out and he's the last surviving member?

Quote from: Jairus on May 30, 2010, 05:30:42 PM
Well, considering the lack of a marriage license and that both partners are most likely unwilling, I doubt it's a binding marriage. I mean, I dunno if Furrae has marriage licenses, but even then you've still got the unwilling participants angle.

At the end of the day he's doing this to amuse himself, so it doesn't matter to him whether the marriage is legal or not.

EDIT:

Owing to some minor disaster my family are no longer visiting so I'm free to carry on with Dark Angel.  It might even be up tonight.

ChaosMageX

Man, I love Daryil! :giggle  He's like Q and Mxyzptlk and many other crazy chaotic characters all rolled up into one.

You get a little bit more comedy reading the FH version, since the comic seems to have cut Daryil's line "I now pronounce you man and wife!"  It was funny when I imagined him shouting that at two men.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 31, 2010, 09:58:15 AM
You get a little bit more comedy reading the FH version, since the comic seems to have cut Daryil's line "I now pronounce you man and wife!"  It was funny when I imagined him shouting that at two men.

He didn't actually say that in the original, but yeah, we probably could have used the comic format a bit better.

Gabi

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 30, 2010, 06:06:59 PM
Owing to some minor disaster my family are no longer visiting so I'm free to carry on with Dark Angel.  It might even be up tonight.
That doesn't sound good.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on May 31, 2010, 10:25:02 AM
That doesn't sound good.

My brother managed to hurt his foot and couldn't make the journey.

ChaosMageX

Speaking of happenings in your neck of the woods, Tapewolf...

Do you ever go to the RBW Convention?

(I wanted to ask you by PM, but I don't have an excuse to send you a PM until I finally get around to inking that filler of the rest of the members of the Ja'Fell family tree.  My drawings have sucked more than usual recently.)

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 31, 2010, 11:16:33 AM
Speaking of happenings in your neck of the woods, Tapewolf...
Do you ever go to the RBW Convention?

I did in 2008.  It wasn't bad, but the unfortunate fact is that most of the people I want to meet up with are in the US, Canada or otherwise not on the same continental shelf.

Quote(I wanted to ask you by PM, but I don't have an excuse to send you a PM until I finally get around to inking that filler of the rest of the members of the Ja'Fell family tree.  My drawings have sucked more than usual recently.)
That's okay, my music is going through a bad patch as well...

Sind

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Sind on June 01, 2010, 12:10:04 PM
Best. Reverend. EVER!

Agreed! :D

I must say I truly love Daryil's crazy antics and look forward to what he's gonna do next. :eager

Popcorn anyone? :popcorn

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 31, 2010, 10:27:55 AM
My brother managed to hurt his foot and couldn't make the journey.

Sorry, to hear about your brother's foot. :< Hope he gets better soon.

lilpuppy23

Tapewolf

Ren has been fighting a pitched battle against the forces of good and evil, so the comic will be late.  Hopefully tomorrow else he'll be fighting a pitched battle against me too.

Tapewolf

Okay guys and gals, the comic is up.

There is also this:

http://www.project-future.org/strips/comic/strip118a.png

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 05, 2010, 05:10:29 PM

Ikaarion Daryil did an involuntary improvement that was accepted without much of a problem.  How often does that happen?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.