The Line in the Stars (IC) [PG/14]

Started by Azlan, July 31, 2006, 04:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

Huge explosions are the essence of war

"That was along the lines of what I was thinking of.  Hopefully we can clear everything out here and be done with it all, then get off this ice rock."

Aaron did not say anything out loud, but with his luck it would turn out that there would be some universe crushing device on the planet that was about to go off soon and they would be stuck there longer trying to deal with that.
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

Filling Grannyma's shoes

"Infamous Alien Shipwreck of Regina 3, was found by Dr Sarah Hunnydew about 100 years ago during the early years of the ISF.  My great-grandma return with the main computer memory core, an metal annoy piece which can not be manufactured by us and holographic evidence of an advance spacecraft which was believed to be 100,000 years old.  She had to abandon the shipwreck site because of pirate activity.  Due Political pressure, and being handycapped after ill fated assassination attempt, my great-grandmother could not go on another expedition, and the wreck was never found by any other.  Many critics tried to suppress the data found in the recover memory core, but the attacks of the enemy never gave them any creditability.  And the fact, Dr Bambi Hunnydew, used the data from the memory crystals to improve Hypedrive and shield technologies.

My granny taught me a lullaby, which has what I thought was nonsense words in the song are in fact.. but in fact they are numbers in Loki's language and when put together are galatic location. " reports Lt Nova.

PBH

Azlan

Avon... didn't he die on Gauda Prime?

Amanda nodded in acknowledgement, "right, let's kick in the doors then."  Amanda marched off to the administrative building and literally kicked in the doors.  The primary area is a command center, it is entirely automated.  A single door leads towards the rear of the building.

Richard trudged along with Aaron behind the chaingun wielding female, "I feel inadequate next to her gun..."

Ben's team fans out and moves into the barracks area, they find the building to be empty.

A size too large

The Captain nodded gravely, "I see, when you are well, you should see me about this.  It may prove to be important and our fleet may pass within, if not into the system in question.  For now, you should probably get some rest.  You can submit your official report later.  Summers out."

Loki waved vigorously to Ixiah as the image disappeared.  He looked over to Nova, "your great grandmother's efforts seem to have improved your species much, but it would appear that much of the technology your people have discovered is from the Faelin... who have been extinct for a very long time.  They were a race of felines that were favorites of the Vhar.  When your people discovered an ancient Vhar outpost, a Faelin scout ship was perserved within, possibly the last of that race sought refuge there.  Perhaps you are a descendent of them."  Loki stuck his tongue out at Nova, teasing her.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lushin

CHARGE!... Um hello?
Romulus had his team clear the other building while he had Nitro get what he had for explosives to take out the gun towers. As Romulus kicked open the door to the building and aimed his rifle inside. "YOU BUY COOKIES NOW!"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Prof B Hunnydew

No AL you didn't invented the internet.....

"Whoa, I never said my grandma invented the wheel or even the FTL Hyperdrive.  Just that she was able to improve the design and theory from the data collect by her mother."says Nova defensively... *sighs*"I had hoped to see your ship, but it looks like I am stuck here, healing." pant pant" I am sure, your friend Ix would like to see you, Loki.  Do you think he will be here soon?"

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Air Skirmish

Just after pulling the seeker missile move, Nazareth was pulling up and searching for another target. Out of nowhere, a rocket came up and impacted on his fighter's body, very close to the cockpit.
   The blast shook the fighter with incredible force, and caused a plume of smoke to start billowing out of the side. Nazareth started swearing profusely under his breath. I must be getting OLD, he thought, that should not have happened.
  Nazareth tried to assess the damage done to his fighter. The plume of smoke, and the fact it was on his cockpit area, clearly did not bode well. He knew he would only be able to keep flying stable for a few more moments.
  Nazareth checked his scanners and sensors. The Ground Team had succeeded in infiltrating the base, now all they had to do was not cause too much of a ruckus to make the pirates go after them instead of the Zetas. The three towers with cannons were proving very difficult for the others to even get near, what with most of the rocket infantry taking up positions around said towers. Nazareth then checked his inventory. He still had twelve heavy missiles left. The towers were giving his wingmates quite a bit of greif. They would be doing even more so once Nazareth was out. He made a snap decision.
  Nazareth reached for his controls. Manipulating several buttons, switches, and knobs, he got all twelve of his remaining missiles prepared to fire. He swung his fighter around, hoping it wouldn't put too much strain on his damaged fighter. With his view now focused on two of the three towers, he locked them into his targeting system. He set them to fire six missiles toward each tower, but scatter them up a bit at the bases to spread around, hopefully to take out a number of the infantry.
  He made sure not to target them too close to the other structures, however. He still didn't know what the Ground Team's objective was, but it couldn't be the destruction of the base. At least, it can't be their primary. If the whole base was to go up, the Zetas could already have done that. No, the Ground Team must be going for something specific, and Nazareth didn't want to inadvertantly destroy it.
  He flew closer, in a path that would take him between the two towers. With the scattered target locked in, he dropped all his remaining missiles. Rockets immediately started heading for him. Nazareth tried a barrel roll to avoid them. But just as he was going between the towers, one of the proximity rockets exploded a little to close to him. However, he made it through, and heard explosions behind him confriming the hits of his missiles. He only hoped it would be sufficient. But the proximity rocket was too much for the fighter; the plume of smoke had become a jet of flame.
 The contols started getting unresponsive.
 He grimly activated his comm to his wingmates. "Zetas, I've been hit with a rocket. I can't stick around. Burns, you're in command. Keep distracting those Pirates." He managed to limp his fighter off in the same direction Norton went. When he got to the area where the dropships were, he came down for the landing, next to Norton's Saber. Despite the damage, Nazareth made it fairly smooth, or as sooth as it can be, under the circumstances.
   Like Norton did earlier, Nazareth also called for a fighter-taxi.
   Norton looked over from his cockpit to Nazareth's. "They got you too? Man, this is not one of our better days." The frilled lizard said.
   Nazareth just shook his head. "No...not one of our better days.

ShadesFox

Hello, would you like to buy a magazine subscription?

Aaron grins at Richard, "Don't tell me you are getting performance anxiety.  Go ahead and help her.  Though he seems to be quite enthused about destroying doors."

Aaron, being the curious sort who also happen to be good with computers, looked around at the command center. 
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Air skirmish

One of the towers was a direct hit with the six missiles, completely obliterating it.  The other tower was really lucky, all the missiles impacted the ground near the base and killed the infantry, but did not hit the structure.

The fighter taxis descended, hovering over each individual fighter and deploying grappler arms to scoop up the fighters and pull them up into the internal bay.

The taxi's commander opened a communications channel to both fighters at once, "We will get you back to the Phalanx for repairs, any injuries?"

Girl scouts of doom!

Romulus applied the "kick the door in" philosophy of diplomatic negotiations and found it to be largely successful as the only occupant of the barracks, a badger child, immediately threw his hands up in the air, dropping the mop he was holding on the floor.  The wheeled bucket full of cleaning fluid skidded away.

Magazine subscriptions denied

The command center computers were mostly all screen locked, except for a few of them.  Those that were active seemed to be trying to track the Zeta group's fighters.  Suddenly, one of the screens turned to static.

Many of the computers are designed for air to space launch operations, none of them are actively monitoring or tracking anything.

Amanda points to the last door in the area, "major, I hear talking beyond that door."

The internetz are for...

"I... don't know when Ix will be by.  I could probably go find him though..."  Loki swayed as he was sitting next to Nova, "my head feels funny, kind of like a fog has settled in between my ears and the room is getting spinney."

Loki was trying to remain upright, but he was having trouble doing so.

Prof B Hunnydew

The Spirit is willing, your kissings are chilling
The spirit is willing, But the Fresh is weak.

"No no, Loki, You need to lying down again, if you don't let that body of yours rest, you will be in here, longer than me." Nova Says weakly.  She is finds that she is out feeling very hot either, and a short nap is called for.  "Loki Please lying down before you fall down"

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Drop Zone

Nazareth looked at his comm-panel when the taxi pilot's inquiry came over his speaker. "No, no injuries, fortunately..." Nazareth said in his low growling voice.
  Nazareth then remebered his last three wingmates. He opened a line to Torson's fighter again, and reluctantly gave his next order. "Burns, there is one last thing I want you to do. If you, Mack, or Satch take significant damage, I am giving all three of you a direct order to pull out. We obviously weren't at our best today, and I don't want any of your deaths on my concience."
  Nazareth then frowned. "I only hope we've given the ground team enough of a distraction."
  Nazareth closed the line and sat back in his seat, praying that Burns and the others wouldn't have to obey his orders too soon. He didn't want any of the Ground Team to die because his squad had to pull out early, but Nazareth was directly responsible for the Zetas, no one else. Therefor, they take priorty for him. He also wondered how the hell he was going to explain this mess to his superior officer. Two of them downed in the first five minutes. Nazareth couldn't even remember the last time he and his crew had displayed such a shoddy performace.

Lushin

I'm just a glorified babysitter
Romulus swept the building with his rifle while he looked at the kid. He kept his gun trained on the kid while he spoke to his crew. "Hacker would you mind secureing the kid?" He then looked at the kid still pointing his rifle at him. "Now we can do this one of two ways. You go peacefully and we take you with us. Or you resist and I kill you. There is no third option I'm not in the mood to be nice. Now which is it?"
/happiness.exe

ShadesFox

But sir!  Sign up now and you get 3 months free!

"Yes, it is the talking part that scares me, just a bit.  Did you get anything interesting from them?  If not I'll just leave taking the room to your discretion."
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Suggestio veri, suggestio falsi - An intimation of truth, an intimation of falsity

Loki was very curious as to why he was woozy, as he had been fine a few minutes ago, but he found that he lacked the focus to persue this mystery. 

Loki mumbled a few words to Nova, "I guess... you may be right... but I do not understand what resting is exactly.  I will... rest... after I pop over for a visit with Ixiah."

Loki made an effort to stand, on Nova's hospital bed no less, but found he lacked the strength, "er... I think I'll just stay here then..."

The green fox curled up next to Nova and after a few moments of trying to find a position that did not stretch his wounds, he snuggled in for a nap.

Special Forces Babysitting division

"I guess I'll be surrendering then sir.  I just clean the floors around here."  The kid said as he kept his hands raised high.

Hacker, feeling somewhat like a babysitter as of late, entered the room cautiously and searched the kid.  Hacker found a knife, small pistol and a stun gun in his search.  "Interesting stuff for a janitor."

"Large, dangerous space rats are found in the halls... plus we are space pirates afterall... you know... arrr!  Walk the airlock and all."

I do not need magazines, but perhaps you would like to hear about Amway?

"Only something about... 'let me do the talking.' or such, not too useful.  I'll secure the room then major."  Amanda approached the door and swiftly kicked it in.   

The exploding door came as a surprise, but not nearly as much as the attractive human female with a chaingun.

Amanda swept the room with the gun as she barked orders, "alright, everyone freeze."

A rather cultured and masculine voice answered back, somewhat surprised, "my lady, it is 30 below outside... that is not too hard really, but I understand your meaning."

Fighter taxi

Naz and Norton's fighters were secured in the fighter taxi and it began its long flight back to the Phalanx.

The flight chief tapped on Nazareth's canopy and gave him the "all clear" and "exit the fighter" signals.

Over the base, the rest of Zeta continued to give grief to the pirates.  The resolve of the enemy was weakened as the last gun tower exploded.

The few remaining rocket troops scattered, only to be cut down by Ben's unit as they exited one of the barracks buildings.

techmaster-glitch

Phalanx Fighter Bay

Nazareth opened the canopy of his fighter, climbing out of it. He was beginning to get an idea of how he would be explaining all of this at debreifing. He activated his wrist-comm, and wired it into his fighter's comm system, contacting Burns.
   "Burns, status report."
   "We've destroyed the last towers and routed most of the remaining infantry and personnel. The Ground Team has already mowed down a few of the pirates themselves. They shouldn't be having any trouble now. Our job here is done."
   Despite the good news that did indeed help Nazareth's mood a little bit, he still didn't smile. He just kept his normal hard reptillian gaze. He doesn't smile often even in the best of times.
   "Good. Stay there, for now, just in case the Ground Team requires any further aerial assistance."
   "Affirmative"
   Nazareth then turned to Norton, who had also gotten out of his fighter.
   "Norton, give me a damage assessment on our Sabers, then get started on repairs."

Paladin Sheppard

Back at the Dropship

Kal stuck to the ground as the others headed out to the pirate camp that had been located, while 'Renegade' orbited about in a low level CAP.

"Sounds like someones having fun over there." Kal radioed to his wingman as the rumble of explosions went off somewhere in the direction of the camp. "Must have been a strike package from the Phalanx. she was the closest ship"

Prof B Hunnydew

Oh Boy Nurse Joy

The Nurse comes in the find out why Loki's bed's sensors are not reading anything, no weirdness, nothing and Why Lt Nova's bed is seeing two heartbeats and other weirdness.  She finds a sleeping Loki curled up and using  Nova's chest as a pillow .  Nova is also asleep with one hand on his head but with a preplex look on her face as she dreams

The nurses adjusts the computer readings so that data streams from both patients to be separated but received from the same bed unit.  She turns to go back to her station, shaking her head.  She knows anything that keeps that little green rascal quiet is a plus, even if protocol requirement them to be in separate beds.

PBH

Lushin

Think of the children.
Romulus just stared at the kid. He kept his gun trained on him. "Good choose kid, I'd rather not kill a kid for no reason. So what's your na......" Romulus stopped talking as he heard the gun fire, with his gun aiming at the kid's head he keyed his com. "I'm guessing that was you Ben?" He then addressed the other party. "How are things going for you Major?"
/happiness.exe

ShadesFox

Very well then, but can you resist the charms of a girl scout selling cookies?

The major sighs, I guess that is effective.

He was just about to walk in when he got a message from Romulus, "Things are going well, I think we caught a few VIPs, wait a few."

Aaron steps in the room the chain gun wielding, and attractive, human female.  Making very certain not to step in front of the gun.  He looks around the room before asking, "So, which one of you are in charge around here?"
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Phalanx Fighter Bay

Norton nodded, "alright, I'll get this started boss."

The hanger crew directed the cranes that offloaded the damaged fighters and placed them in the repair racks.

Norton headed over after the bosun and crew had secured the craft.  Each fighter had its own crew of technicians and both crews were quickly assembling.  The two chiefs approached Norton and conferred with him as they looked over each fighter.

Norton nodded and returned to Nazareth, "my fighter suffered damage to its control surfaces.  Not normally a problem in space, but in atmosphere it caused a serious issue when hauling the weapons payload.  Simple repair.  Your craft took a hit to the flight computer and caused a system lockup.  The flight systems were technically still on line, but frozen... the redundant control computer could not take over because of it.  This is truly a rare instance, I'm going to have the crews install a manual switch over and schedule some training for us on how to override automatic systems."

Better nursing and Tea of Confusion

Somewhere, Loki and Nova were having tea.  The place was not discernable to Nova beyond the table itself, merely a blur of shapes and sounds.

"So what's on your mind Nova?"  Loki asked.

Children, the spice of life

The gunfire drew Hacker's attention to Romulus.  He tensed, prepared for pirates to come pouring through the frosted side windows.

As the team was momentarily distracted, the badger kid slipped into the back hall.

Meanwhile, Ben replied over the radio, "yeah, we cleared the other barracks and were heading out when the pirates ran in our direction.  We ordered them to surrender, but they fired on us.  We were forced to take them out."

In the darkness of the hall, a figure observed the kid slipping into the hall ahead of him.  The perfect time to strike had come, if he acted quickly, he could take out these "special forces".  Taking careful aim over the shoulder of the child, the sniper fired his rifle as quickly as the weapon would allow.

Valynth Cernial, Romulus's recently appointed second, turned to say something to his squad leader.  However, before he could finish, blood splattered all across the front of his faceplate and erupted from his chest.  Turning as he did, blocked the shot that was aimed for Romulus.  The body slumped forward.

In the hall, the kid froze, shots had whizzed by him and he found himself the only visible target they could have come from.

OOC: hence I remove one PC who's player has dropped out. 

No cookies, we want candy!

At the request for the one in charge, a heavier set man with the rather dashing mustache and goatee responded, "I am the one who is in charge... now that the gentleman in the corvette has been scattered to the winds.  My name is Harold Renton Mudd."

The man bows, "I am at your disposal.  However, only myself and my assistant, Benawi,"  he indicates the other human next to him, "can I guarantee to cooperate with you, the others are not under my command specifically... it is complicated."

Lushin

Oh you did NOT just do that
Romulus blinked and jerked his head as he saw Valynth take the hit. "SNIPER! TAKE COVER!" Romulus dropped to the floor and took up an aiming postin with his rifle. He aimed at the kid but was also using his scope to look passed the child to look for movement. His team took cover where ever they could. He continued to loojk passed the kid. "Damnit boy drop to the ground before I drop you and find who the hell just killed one of my men"
/happiness.exe

Prof B Hunnydew

"Oh Loki, mm you are here.  Wait Are you here?  I know I only use 15% of my mind at any one time.  So, from the dark nothingness. This is must be my head." 

A sun sudden raises over a isolated beach and shoreline and stops about midmorning sky.  Nova and Loki now sit at a table on the middle of a beach resort with just each other, and the sound of the surf.

"So, Is this just a dream? Can I invite the Capt, and Ix to Tea, too.?"  asks Nova with whimsy before a sip of tea, but a cloud floats pass the dreamday sun.

"What do you really want with us, Loki?  Can you help us against the masters?" asks Nova seriously putting her cup down.

PBH

Azlan

Oh yes he did

The kid nods and drops to the ground and covers his head with his hands, so much for my slipping out through the back, that guy with the gun better get this over with quick.

In the back of the hall, the sniper readjusted his sight and fired again, bouncing a shot off of Romulus's shoulder before skittering off and relocating.

Hacker, RC and Wall all hit the ground and quickly crawled to cover as Nitro layed down a covering fire with his weapon before moving to safety.

The tea time of infinity squared

Loki waved his hand, "Ixiah could come if he wasn't restricted by his 'handler', the Captain... well, no, unless Ix or myself brought him."

Loki stared into his tea cup for a few moments, "what I want hmmm?  Well, I want to be free... remember, your people took me prisoner.  I also want my people to be free from the domination by the Masters.  We can sing good songs without their conducting.  I..."

He paused again, "I... want to be forgiven... to have my exile rescinded and to be allowed to go home... As for helping you, I can indeed.  Like Ix, I am a well trained and powerful psychic.  The Master's use thralls to control their warmachines, they are biologically integrated into ships, mecha and such.  These thralls are psychically slaved to Controlling Masters, but through this connection they are vulnerable to psychic jamming and disruption.  This is how I can help, along with Ix and Rey."

Lushin

Oh you son of a....
Romulus growled at the bullet bouncing off his shoulder. It was clean he was mad at not being able to get the sniper. He fired at a glint of movement he saw but didn't think he hit the sniper. He climbed to his feet and swore under his breath. He aimed down the hall as he quickly moved to the opening of the hallway. He took cover at the opening, knelt down and took a peak down the hallway with his rifle scope.
/happiness.exe

Prof B Hunnydew

"God and goddess, If my Nana Sarah had problems convincing anyone about her theories and observations.  how am I going to show these parodied warriors types that you are friendly?  
Yes Admiral, he is one of the psion thrall races of the Masters... But he says he is friendly...
What?  Yes, I know he did that  but he is a prisoner?  what?
 he did what?  Yes I can see that would upsetting to you, sir   But it was a joke...
What you don't trust me?  Why?  Oh I am tooo trusting to begin with...  Well I guess you got me there..." tells  LT Nova

"Loki If we can capture another working ship to give to them, (yes, I don't want to give up Mother) or  I can think up another defense against their weapons with your help... We may get you free from being our prisoner,    But getting you a hero's welcome for your home, well I think only sending the Masters back into the void will do that." says the cat girl soberly.  "Maybe we find something at the shipwreck site"

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Phalanx launch bay-repair section

"Good man. I will make the neccessary arrangements for the override practice. Carry on with the repairs. In the meantime, I must begin preparing an after-battle report for our debriefing. Notify me when the others dock in, which might be some time. Even though the bulk of the fighting seems to be over, I ordered them to stay in case any of the Ground Team need furthur assistance. The others will probably return when those Special Operations Infantry do. Once everyone's back, I will add any closing notes of interest to the report, if applicable, then call everyone together to report for our debrief. If, by that time, you feel it would be best to continue supervising the repairs, I will exempt you. Mack or Satch will probably fill you in on their own time.
   "As you were, Ensign Kalmunt." Nazareth finished, addressing Norton by rank.
   "Yessir, Duke." Norton said it with breaks and emphasis so that it came out as, 'Yes, Sir Duke'. Norton grinned.
   Nazareth still didn't smile, he just shook his head and turned around. But he was grinning internally at Norton's verbal twist, and Norton knew it. The frilled lizard fondly watched his leader, whom he'd served under for quite a few years now, walk away for a moment. Then he turned around himself and recommenced barking, or more accurately, hissing, orders to the repair crews. Nazareth walked at a brisk pace toward the Zeta-Group ready room.

Azlan

You never know he could be...

Using his scope, Romulus was able to see down the hall due to the lowlight aspect.  With his material penetrating optics, he spied a trooper, helmeted and wearing light body armor.  The soldier was wielding a field carbine of some sort and had it trained on the main area of the entrance that Romulus was near.  The cover provided by stacked equipment provided nearly 100% cover from the side he approached from.

In order to get a clear kill shot, he would have to lean into the hall, exposing himself.  Something about how that trooper is positioned is not right, the stance is patient and rigid, but the breathing is irregular. 

Sweet dream...

"The thralls that the masters use are normal beings from the younger races, like your people and the humans, who they genetically manipulate and convert into living psionic control units, an organic computer.  So you will need our people to confront them and reduce the effectiveness of their forces, their technology is vastly superior to yours, but their ships can be overcome by your race's firepower.  Your people realize this, that is why they plan on using Ix and Rey, but those two can only do so much.  This sector, encompassing a dozen or so worlds, has a handfull of my people overseeing various outposts and facilities, doing who knows what under the direction of the enemy.  We need to save them and enlist their aid."

He stared at his cup again and smiled brightly, "I'm glad you trust me and want to help.  Your people are unlike all the others, even though yours is a young race, you are different then the others we have met, other young races.  You are definitely much different then the ancients, in all of the peoples out there, you are the only ones who care enough to help."

Phalanx launch bay-repair section

Nazareth is approached by a petty officer as he walks towards the Zeta-Group's ready room, "sir, Major hunt would like to see you in his office now.  No need for a report, he would just like to meet with you now before the formal debrief."

ShadesFox

I'm sure I can accommodate candy, as long as you don't sing that song...

"Of course things are complicated.  Things can never be simple.  However, things being complicated I need you to see if you can get others to cooperate with us.  The more cooperating I get the better things will be in the long run."

Aaron did not say such out loud, however he did think to him self, chain guns make excellent motivators.
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

France got the bomb, but don't you grieve,
'Cause they're on our side (I believe).

"Wait, If I remember my command briefing, the fleet is heading into the outer rim of our colonized worlds.  An area of individual/independent planets and systems who are fighting each other as much as they send pirate raiders in our space merchants trading routes.  The main fleet rarely venture in here, but when they do most times, it is to chase the enemy or destroy some pirate king who thinks he can make war on the home worlds. 

So, how many of those worlds are secretly run by the Masters?   Would anyone give up their own world to play with to join us?  Or are they just so scare of the masters that they back them up because they have no other choice?  What is going to take to get these ex-countrymen of yours to fight with us against the Masters?  Because what you are telling me is that Rey, Ix, and you are going to have to free your rainbow friends' minds and/or fears from the masters before anyone backs us?   And can they be trusted to stay brought?" asked Nova.  "God I head hurts, now.  Political intrigue, alway hurts my head.  this from a senator's daughter" 

"Hey, Join the Space Navy and Save the Universe" shout a Busty Catgirl on a moving poster, which just appears behind Nova and fades away  "Yea,  If only it were that simple," adds Nova

"On top of that the Masters have to know we are coming, and I bet ya a credits to donuts, that they will send every ragtag fleet of pirates out to beat us down.  One reason, why we don't just move the Main Fleet in here and clean up this side of space, is that it would take the whole Fleet to destroy most of the pirates and bring order." states Lt Nova in her empty tea cup.

"Well, we brought "Mother" ship in, Can we get Ix and Rey out of their cells into yours, at least?" wonder the Lieutenant.

PBH

Lushin

Time for you to go boom
Romulus stayed where he was with his scope sighted in on the spot he saw the soldier. Without turning his head he spoke aloud. "Hey Nitro got any more grenades? I know this guy is down the hall but I can't get a shot. So I figure hell with it and blow the hallway up" Romulus kept an eye on the soldier the best he could as he shouted for Nitro, watching to see if the soldier gets scared abd makes a move. "Ok if you get a shot, shoot to disable not to kill. We could use as many prisoneers as we can get" Romulus though to himself while he spoke to Nitro.
/happiness.exe

Azlan

Iiiiiiiii want can-dy!!!! :P

Mudd stroked his chin, "now you see, thinks are not that simple.  Those under my command will likely gladly cooperate, but most of them were toasted on my corvette, that Decker had commandeered.  What remains of my people are likely a kid that cleans the barracks, the mess cook and possibly my computer tech.  The rest are under the command of a vicious little ferret named Ze Sunaj.  He has a vendetta against the ISF and will fight to the death.  The fellow will not listen to me."

Dreams are made to be nice

"My people don't control the pirates, that was all my thing... I was trying to build an empire out of these separatists and criminals, by convincing everyone I was the legendary corsair Zhilhon Janzur.  I was on my way to doing just that, then your fleet came along and ruined it.  The pirates are only a concern for these border states, and your ISF did not have the manpower to scoure the area, nor do they have the desire to.  The worlds out here are those that do not want to be a part of the Galactic States or the new ISF."

Loki pauses for a few moments to think before continuing, "They are not a concern, but my other people are.  Most of them are running bizarre laboratories and experimenting on various people captured off of the independent and pirate worlds, some are analyzing ancient structures of the old races for technologies or secrets to where they may be, and still others are overseeing listening posts.  Many of my people are following orders from our high command and are unaware that the ancient masters are in control, some are under direct influence of the song."

Loki produces a small LCD monitor and it flickers to life.  An image of a foxish coyote appears, "this person is assigned as Ixiah's handler.  He is called Yuri Kanzoria and he is part of your people's military intelligence organization ISIS, the InterStellar Intelligence Service.  From what I have learned from my brief mental contact with Ix, is that operational control of these aliens is handled by intelligence.  To override this, your Captain plans to use Major Brown's Military R&D authority and Colonel Nexx's intelligence authority to bring Ixiah under our influence so we can work against the aliens.  Reiya is far away, with the main fleet and is safe, it is Ix we are concerned with... as Kanzoria is abusing him for information, and I don't approve of that.  Yuri is... different, then you."

Think before you boom

The soldier does not react in a natural way, he appears to almost struggle against something and strain, but the stance does not change.  The gun jiggles a bit.

At the mention of grenades, there is however a muffled sound from Romulus's right (the soldier is on his left), which is quickly lost as something jumps up next to him.

Nitro meanwhile has yelled back, "yeah, I got... whoa!"

He takes a shot and just nearly misses the kid from earlier as he jumped up next to Romulus and scrambled out of the hallway.