Is anyone else having issues with the forum?

Started by Drayco84, April 30, 2010, 04:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

This probably isn't the best place to put this topic, but I dunno where else it should go...

Anyway, is anyone else having issues with the forum not responding and getting an SMF or SMT  error? (I'm going by memory on this.)

Tapewolf

It has often reported that it was unable to connect to the database, so whatever's happening it's happening inside the webserver itself.  In other words, I'm not sure that's something Damaris or llearch have much control over.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

it's something we have absolutely _no_ control over.

We'd like to. If we did, we'd have made it a lot more stable and reliable. Plans are in play to move away, sometime soon, but we're waiting until we're not wasting half the pre-paid costs.

Unless someone else wants to chip in to assist, in which case we'd gratefully accept the help, I think. I'm pretty sure you can donate to me, on my website, if you look on the link in my sig. I'll quite happily accept donations that are tagged as specific for the forum...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Last I checked, ICVD is set to month renewal, so now we're just waiting for CMF to get closer to the October renew date, and maybe pick up CVRPG along the way as well. By August we'll probably start working on a solution.

FYI, part of today's downtime was that our server host was completely down. EVen their own website was non functional. Presumably they were fixing whatever was causing our server issues.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Drayco84

Totally and completely understandable. If it's beyond your control, then it's beyond your control and that's that.