04/03/10 [DMFA#1100] - Derailed Panic Attack

Started by Bjalf, April 03, 2010, 04:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Shachza on April 03, 2010, 12:49:15 PM
Happy Alexi is more scary than scary Alexi.   :sweatdrop

When someone wielding oversized 2-handed hammers has their chipper mood ruined, the ruining person tends to appear in milk carton pictures soon after.

And has anyone else noticed that we haven't seen Pyro yet?  *dun. Dun. DUNNNNNNN!*  /soapopera

My oh my, good sir. Are you implying, what I think you're implying, about Alexsi's glow?
>:3

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 03, 2010, 12:46:54 PM
Quote from: Sind on April 03, 2010, 12:38:32 PMOh my

Alexi's quite happy today isn't she  >:3

Can't wait to see Abel's reaction to Dan now XD
Dan walks in*
Abel notices that Dan is freaking glowing*

Dan: "Hey Abel :) Sleep well?
Abel: "Uhhhhh... yeah..."
Dan: "Good. Well, I gotta get going."
Abel thinking: "What. The. Frig. Is going on?!"

This - so much !

All day, Abel is gonna walk around people that are stupidly happy, and with him getting more and more worried. :D

Offcourse, he *could* still contact fa'Lina .. in fact, that might be a pretty good idea at that point.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

MelSkunk

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 03, 2010, 12:58:19 PM

When someone wielding oversized 2-handed hammers has their chipper mood ruined, the ruining person tends to appear in milk carton pictures soon after.

And has anyone else noticed that we haven't seen Pyro yet?  *dun. Dun. DUNNNNNNN!*  /soapopera

My oh my, good sir. Are you implying, what I think you're implying, about Alexsi's glow?

And here *I* was assuming it was because flying on a dragon is awesome..  :3

In all seriousness, I am very glad Abel was being rational in the first pannel. It beats the typical trope of freaking out instead of simply asking someone who'll know about this stuff which would take 5 minutes..

Shachza

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 03, 2010, 12:58:19 PM

Am I implying that Alexi has been replaced by an evil shapeshifting doppelganger twin who is masquerading as Alexi, has drugged Pyro to sleep and stuffed him in a closet next door, sent the real Alexi off to Pygmy Shrew Island in a zoo animal box with holes in it, and is planning to trick Wildy into revealing the super-secret shaman potion for curing amnesia and granting immortality because its half-twin-step-niece-twice-removed is in an irreversible amnesiatic coma?

Good guess!
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

So .. what you are saying is that Pyro is in the closet ?

Dang, I didn't see that one coming.

:D

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Shachza on April 03, 2010, 02:44:16 PM
Am I implying that Alexi has been replaced by an evil shapeshifting doppelganger twin who is masquerading as Alexi, has drugged Pyro to sleep and stuffed him in a closet next door, sent the real Alexi off to Pygmy Shrew Island in a zoo animal box with holes in it, and is planning to trick Wildy into revealing the super-secret shaman potion for curing amnesia and granting immortality because its half-twin-step-niece-twice-removed is in an irreversible amnesiatic coma?
Good guess!

I lol'd when I read that.  :P

Rafe

No one seems to have noticed the most frightening thing of all -
Abel is wearing... a snuggie. 

Apparently it's the attractive hunter green fleece version, which for a limited time, you can order for only$18.00 (plus shipping and handling), AND THAT'S NOT ALL, you also get a complementary book light  FREE with your purchase.

Rafe

Tapewolf

I'm kind of curious now as to whether a 'Cubi of Abel's age would be able to catch 'flu or something, given that they become less biological and more magical.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 03, 2010, 03:40:54 PM
I'm kind of curious now as to whether a 'Cubi of Abel's age would be able to catch 'flu or something, given that they become less biological and more magical.

I remember reading somewhere early on in the second part of Abel's story that all students in SAIA receive a vaccination for an anti-magical disease.

I always assumed that since we aren't really dealing with the "norm" here in DMFA, magically inclined races (like Cubi) do not need to worry about regular diseases. Just ones involving magic :mowdizzy

Bjalf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 03, 2010, 03:00:57 PM

Pyroduck is a closet dragon? Dang, that's one huuuge closet   :boggle

Trazz

Quote from: Rafe on April 03, 2010, 03:32:58 PM
No one seems to have noticed the most frightening thing of all -
Abel is wearing... a snuggie. 

Apparently it's the attractive hunter green fleece version, which for a limited time, you can order for only$18.00 (plus shipping and handling), AND THAT'S NOT ALL, you also get a complementary book light  FREE with your purchase.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Call now, and you'll get this free Shamwow!

Bjalf

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on April 03, 2010, 04:49:53 PM
I can hear a threadlock approaching ...
I don't think it's that bad right now, but if it does start to look like some kind of image board, bits of the thread might end up in the mine, yeah  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Technoire

Quote from: Bjalf on April 03, 2010, 04:49:53 PM
I can hear a threadlock approaching ...

Is it that sound of a train horn in the distance? :x

And in regards to Alexsi's "glow"...
Looks like somebody got some. ;)

Anker Steadfast

Well, while we are slightly offtrack, I might as well say this ...

I think snuggies are great! :)

And that would probably go doubly for someone who has wings on their backs !!

... I'm just saying, is all.  :B

Chairtastic

Quote from: Technoire on April 03, 2010, 05:18:34 PM

But she's been glowing all day....

Oh my. :U

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Meany on April 03, 2010, 07:38:03 PM

From the closet.....
"Well, She got some loving for a flaming-hot dragon.....mmmmm :mowwink"
Quote from: Bjalf on April 03, 2010, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 03, 2010, 03:00:57 PM

Pyroduck is a closet dragon? Dang, that's one huuuge closet   :boggle

And  and there is nothing to see in here but ballerina shoes....
:mowsad
PBH

ooklah

Quote from: Meany on April 03, 2010, 07:38:03 PM

:U is right.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Rafe

As was mentioned before, there is one traditional explanation for glowing:

Rafe

A. Lurker

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 03, 2010, 01:32:37 PMThis - so much !

All day, Abel is gonna walk around people that are stupidly happy, and with him getting more and more worried. :D

Offcourse, he *could* still contact fa'Lina .. in fact, that might be a pretty good idea at that point.

Yeah, I can see it now:

Fa'lina: "Oh, hiii Abel, nice to hear from you! Wonderful day, isn't it? Care for a muffin?"

Abel: :eek... :help

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: A. Lurker on April 04, 2010, 07:47:29 AM

Yeah, I can see it now:

Fa'lina: "Oh, hiii Abel, nice to hear from you! Wonderful day, isn't it? Care for a muffin?"

Heck, she'd do that just for the sake of pulling his leg.
And the sun is shining outside, and it's making faces at Abel.

:D

Kirishala

That or end up able to be buried in a pizza box.
I wouldn't worry, he's just a little tied up.  >:3

Morgan

I expect that Pyroduck, being a dragon, just got so dang happy that he caught himself on fire like the poor Phoenixes that raised him and now can't be seen in public for reasons of embarrassment and safety hazard issues. XD

Also, I like happy Alexi! I would gladly take soup and a snuggie... and the remote, to get rid of that ridiculous soap opera and instead get some Saturday morning cartoooooooooons! Or the Discovery Channel.  :mowcookie

Anker Steadfast

A remote for me as well, please.
Even the Military History channel might be preferable to being trapped by a soap!

And .. uhm .. am I the only one who doesn't find Happy Alexi to be scary ?

Liatai

Quote from: Morgan on April 04, 2010, 12:51:10 PM
Also, I like happy Alexi! I would gladly take soup and a snuggie... and the remote, to get rid of that ridiculous soap opera and instead get some Saturday morning cartoooooooooons! Or the Discovery Channel.  :mowcookie

Ooh, Discovery Channel. Now you've got me wondering what the Furrae version of Mythbusters would be like.  :,

"On this episode... What happens when you bake a fire orb? And, the team tests whether a scale falling off a dragon in mid-flight can destroy a house! Then, it's the moment you've all been waiting for. Can you really skydive like Janus Bond into a crater full of fifty million orange pillows... and survive?"

Shachza

Quote from: A. Lurker on April 04, 2010, 07:47:29 AM

Yeah, I can see it now:

Nah.  I'm sure she'll just circle the month 9 months from now four times with a red permanent marker, leave herself a multitude of post-it notes, and set her alarm clock.  Then she'll wait impatiently for the rest of the year until she can glomp the hell out of her grandbabies.

Come to think of it, if Abel says anything, then I bet we'll see a creepy amount of Fa'lina hanging aorund.
            <-- #1 that is!

Morgan

Quote from: Liatai on April 04, 2010, 01:15:16 PM
Ooh, Discovery Channel. Now you've got me wondering what the Furrae version of Mythbusters would be like.  :,

"On this episode... What happens when you bake a fire orb? And, the team tests whether a scale falling off a dragon in mid-flight can destroy a house! Then, it's the moment you've all been waiting for. Can you really skydive like Janus Bond into a crater full of fifty million orange pillows... and survive?"

I am so ready for this times ten. O_O