22/03/10 [AS2#94] I wanna punch her too

Started by Gamma, March 27, 2010, 04:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

Quote from: Tangent on March 27, 2010, 09:58:54 PM
You're making Much Ado About Nothing. =^-^=
Entirely possible. I have merely presented the impression that has built up in my mind as I've seen things progress.

Arcblade

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 27, 2010, 08:35:13 PM
Oh noes, someone is being mean to someone who is often a dick to others?  You know, the guy who spent the better part of his time at SAIA being aloof, even going so far as bad mouth the other forum wubby, the squiggly Mink, to Oolong.  Ever get the impression that your little Abel isn't exactly really nice to the other students?  Way I see it: he's probably getting a bit of his own medicine.  Is it bad timing?  Sure.  Is it likely something he brought on himself?  I'm thinking so.  So many of you are so quick to scream for blood and pain and death for anything that you've got your loins moist over that it's almost amusing.  You don't even wait to gather any facts, just hop right on and start the fan mobbing.

You have a good point.  (Almost) Everybody is being pretty down on Aary.  I'm guessing this is because we just saw what he went through, and perhaps some of us have similar experiences to Abel's.  

I could be wrong.  I'd like to point out, though, that we haven't really seen Abel be that much of a jerk as of yet.  I'm assuming the badmouthing you're referring to is here?  Or perhaps the next page, although his comment there is more self-derogatory then uncomplimentary to Mink.  Neither of those two comments seem terribly insulting to me.

It's very possible that Abel completely had this coming.  But as of this comic, I don't recall him being guilty of anything but loner-ism, courtesy severe mentally scarring.  

Again, I could be wrong.  Possibly the next comic will tell us why Aary's messing with Abel.  'Til then, I vote for a good punch in the face for Aary.   :mowwink

AmigaDragon

Quote from: demecowen on March 27, 2010, 07:21:43 PM
Quote from: Grey Wolf on March 27, 2010, 08:37:37 AM
"... You could have taken a few of them and trounced your dad. Instead, you avoided your own mother for over 30 years. You dunce."

And Abel could have train and be strong enough in less than 30 years to take on a 400 year old cubi who is at best mentally unstable, at worst a psychopath?

Are you talking about Abel at (under) 60 and Aary at 400? At this point, assuming Abel has need at SAIA only 30 years, Aary is almost 90, not 400. She's only 29 years older than Abel.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Corgatha Taldorthar

I believe he is referring to Aniz, not Aaryanna.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Caswin

Uncounted counts of murder, kidnapping, rape, and torture, all with a big smile...

And now (in the past) she's sneering at Abel about his mother?  Ohh, that's way too far, man.  Grab that time paradox by the horns, Abel!  Aary's gotta go!

Use those tentacles!
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

jeffh4

Quote from: Sind on March 27, 2010, 06:39:08 AM
Also, what the HELL did Merlitz see in her? D:<

Are you serious? Haven't you seen the bridezilla shows on TLC?  A male's ability to only see what he chooses to see is one of the strongest forces known in the universe.  Love may be blind, but for guys, it is blind, deaf, dumb, the other dumb, and just plain clueless.

Need a shorter version?  How about this?

"Curves, baby. Curves."

demecowen

Shachza

Quote from: jeffh4 on March 28, 2010, 04:13:25 AM

Are you serious? Haven't you seen the bridezilla shows on TLC?  A male's ability to only see what he chooses to see is one of the strongest forces known in the universe.  Love may be blind, but for guys, it is blind, deaf, dumb, the other dumb, and just plain clueless.

"Curves, baby. Curves."

So not being blind, deaf, and dumb is probably why I'm still single?  :[
            <-- #1 that is!

Trazz

Quote from: Shachza on March 28, 2010, 03:37:02 PM
Quote from: jeffh4 on March 28, 2010, 04:13:25 AM

"Curves, baby. Curves."

So not being blind, deaf, and dumb is probably why I'm still single?  :[

Yes, it's also why everybody loves Helen Keller and Tommy

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Sind on March 27, 2010, 06:39:08 AMAlso, what the HELL did Merlitz see in her? D:<

To be brutally honest, Aary's a looker.
And with looks like that, there will always be someone who wants in on the action.
Frankly the big question isn't why someone would want to be with her, but rather why someone would STAY with her.

And considering that she's likely single now, I consider that question answered.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lego3400

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 28, 2010, 05:43:08 PM
Quote from: Sind on March 27, 2010, 06:39:08 AMAlso, what the HELL did Merlitz see in her? D:<

And with looks like that, there will always be someone who wants in on the action.
Frankly the big question isn't why someone would want to be with her, but rather why someone would STAY with her.

And considering that she's likely single now, I consider that question answered.

Indeed she is quite actractive. However her personality is a bit.... grateing... A good personality is often better then good looks.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Lego3400 on March 31, 2010, 11:15:02 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 28, 2010, 05:43:08 PM

Indeed she is quite actractive. However her personality is a bit.... grateing... A good personality is often better then good looks.

A good personality can often be the cause of good looks, actually.