03/21/10 [DMFA#1099] - Pip Sure Seems to Talk a Lot Lately

Started by Rafe, March 21, 2010, 03:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

Quote from: Trazz on March 21, 2010, 11:45:41 PM
Quote from: Naldru on March 21, 2010, 07:23:20 PM
Quote from: Drayco84 on March 21, 2010, 05:09:46 PM
Seriously. I doubt he'd envision Dan as a giant steak if he tasted terrible. (Waaaaaaaay back in the archives if someone wants to look it up.)
Personally, he'd prolly be better if he was marinated in a red wine-based sauce, but that's just my opinion...

Here it is

Oh, wow, #22, that's really old, back when colored comics were for special events only o.o

And should thus be taken with a grain of salt as much of what happened in those days don't really count or are easily over written by the current stuff.

Keleth

Quote from: e_voyager on March 21, 2010, 03:27:59 AM
i wouldn't rule pip out just yet. it could be a cover you know.

One time, I had a dream that George Bush shot me for being a terrorist.

George Bush Made me have that dream >(

Edit: Though, on a semi-serious note. I imagine Abel might of seen some of Mab's leftover nightmare brownies crammed in a cupboard somewhere and. . . made a horrible horrible decision and ate one.
Help! I'm gay!

Kuari

Quote from: Nyomi on March 21, 2010, 11:56:21 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 21, 2010, 07:22:32 PM
Quote from: Kuari on March 21, 2010, 07:18:11 PM
mostly since this isn't the first time Abel has dreamed since becoming an adult Cubi.

Are you sure?  He was reacting like it was.

If it isn't the first time, it's possible he was so startled because the entire thing seemed as if he were really awake and then it got weird (Pip was talking to him despite being 'killed;' Abel thought he proved Pip was lying only to be dead wrong).
Silly speculation aside, I don't think there is another instance of him dreaming since becoming an adult Cubi, but that only suggests more that someone is responsible for this instance. There aren't too many candidates with the knowledge Pip displayed, though.

Abel's Story, thus why I suspect Destania

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 21, 2010, 07:22:32 PM
Quote from: Kuari on March 21, 2010, 07:18:11 PM
mostly since this isn't the first time Abel has dreamed since becoming an adult Cubi.

Are you sure?  He was reacting like it was.
Remember, when Destania got at him in SAIA, Abel was about Dan's current age, and Dan can still dream at the moment.  I imagine it probably starts to fade after the first century or so.

Really?  I don't remember seeing anything about Dan mentioning any dreaming, except about his clan's leader, which you could say she was the one responsible for that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on March 23, 2010, 03:13:05 PM
Really?  I don't remember seeing anything about Dan mentioning any dreaming, except about his clan's leader, which you could say she was the one responsible for that.

I got curious and ran a text search, there are a couple.  Though to be fair, I had forgotten them myself.
Anyway, in strip 511, Dan warns Abel to stay out of his dreams.  In strip 381, he tries to write the tentacles off as a dream.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuari

Hmm, point, though to be fair, most people don't remember their dreams anyways.  One might even not realize they aren't dreaming anymore.  Also Abel's Cubi powers seemed to come in a lot more strongly.  He was hearing thoughts almost immediately.  Didn't seem like Dan was.

Infranscia

Heh, this is a smaller detail, but I noticed that when Mab's hair is hanging to her side, you can see the base of her ear.  I guess we know how Amber pictures her ears attached.

...Is it just me, or does it look like Mab's ear is fake?  There's this big line that's normally covered by her hair.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Kuari on March 23, 2010, 04:16:38 PM
Hmm, point, though to be fair, most people don't remember their dreams anyways.  One might even not realize they aren't dreaming anymore.  Also Abel's Cubi powers seemed to come in a lot more strongly.  He was hearing thoughts almost immediately.  Didn't seem like Dan was.

Thing is, Dan's cubi influence is more subtle. For note:
1) http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_305.php
2) Arguably it's his affinity for pain which has kept him alive all this while.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Infranscia on March 23, 2010, 07:27:13 PM
Heh, this is a smaller detail, but I noticed that when Mab's hair is hanging to her side, you can see the base of her ear.  I guess we know how Amber pictures her ears attached.

...Is it just me, or does it look like Mab's ear is fake?  There's this big line that's normally covered by her hair.

Are you trying to say Mab is a zombie-fae? :zombiekun2
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 24, 2010, 03:42:18 AM
Quote from: Infranscia on March 23, 2010, 07:27:13 PMHeh, this is a smaller detail, but I noticed that when Mab's hair is hanging to her side, you can see the base of her ear.  I guess we know how Amber pictures her ears attached.

Are you trying to say Mab is a zombie-fae? :zombiekun2

Ha ha, that just made me laugh, though it's probably just a line she drew  to make the face more recognizable, the whole idea of Mab being able to take off her ears is so silly, it just fits her personality ... and then I accidentally thought of Kish'Ta and her removable face.

:erk

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

That was just a mask, whether a physical prop or an illusion.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

iceick

Has anyone else noticed that Mab's wings have changed shape over the last few times we've seen her? IS Amber playing around with them to try for a new look?

LionHeart

I think it's more that Mab's wings change all the time, often as a reflection of her mood.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Scow2

That line is her cheeks overlapping with the base of her ear, which is further back on her head than the 2-d image can portray.

Bjalf

Quote from: Scow2 on March 25, 2010, 10:44:38 PM
That line is her cheeks overlapping with the base of her ear, which is further back on her head than the 2-d image can portray.

Wait, are you saying that she's being cheeky?

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on March 26, 2010, 06:05:22 AM
Quote from: Scow2 on March 25, 2010, 10:44:38 PMThat line is her cheeks overlapping with the base of her ear, which is further back on her head than the 2-d image can portray.

*snorts soda*

Oh god, my nose is all sticky with soda now, and it's your fault ...

:curseyou

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Trazz

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 26, 2010, 09:42:00 AM
Quote from: Bjalf on March 26, 2010, 06:05:22 AM
Quote from: Scow2 on March 25, 2010, 10:44:38 PMThat line is her cheeks overlapping with the base of her ear, which is further back on her head than the 2-d image can portray.

*snorts soda*

Oh god, my nose is all sticky with soda now, and it's your fault ...

:curseyou

I had something important to say, but I lol'd so hard that I forgot it >.<