Deathtrap Dungeon; Freedom is Slavery! (OOC; Closed)

Started by Mechanisto, March 20, 2010, 03:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do we want to do OOC comments?

let's use OOC brackets; it's more precise!
2 (25%)
Let's pick a color to use for all OOC text; it's less cumbersome!
5 (62.5%)
I have a better idea... see my post in the OOC thread.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

techmaster-glitch

danman; And er...one other thing. Why are the last sentances in your posts ending without periods? It's really bugging me, beacause it seems as if some of your post is missing...

Drayco84

One last, mostly minor modification to my char sheet. His Blindsense is also a Detect Magic ability, but doesn't detect normal, magic-less objects. This includes walls, ceilings, floors, rocks, normal swords, etc., etc. His tail-blade has been removed as a tail-gauntlet with an attached blade sounds much better. Oh, and...

I will NOT modify my char sheet anymore.

And please remember, this is my first RP and thus, I'm bound to make some mistakes or blunders while getting familiar with the process. Thus, if I "run somebody over" or skip their turn, let me know!

WhiteFox

By the way: if you're going by magic sense, Nathalzar would light up like a christmas tree. He's not your typical Undead.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Drayco84

I'm aware. I got the impression that he's more akin to a lich than anything else.

WhiteFox

"Deathknight/Necromancer" But yeah. Dead and deadly. You know the drill
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

techmaster-glitch

Hey danman, after I've posted Xephelon's response, can you translate this line for me?
"Is the thing made pglopegly or with enchantementsh?  Cosh fo' a pglopegl ekshoshell it is kind of shmall - thegle wash a way of building one in one of the booksh i 'ead at the Zinvth libglagly"
Best I can tell is "Is the thing made ____ or with enchantments? 'Cuz for a ___ exoshell it is kind of small... ____ ____ a way of building in one of the books I read at the Zinvth library."

But by all means, I'm not asking you to change the accent or provide translations in the future--that's why I'm asking after I posted. It's fun trying to respond to things you only half-understand ;)

And mechanisto, did you ever get my PM about Xephelon's Creature Rating?

VAE

properly is most of the words you are missing.
Try to read it aloud, it will make sense, and when the creature attempts to pronounce 'r' it gives out a weird gargling noise - imagine how would you talk with a mouth full of spittle.
For ease, i have attempted to keep it (a bit unrealistic) as a constant sound - so in general you can begin by replacing 'gl' with r anywhere -the others are better modelled as they are easier to spot
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

WhiteFox

I know this game.

Is the thing made philosophically or with enchantments? 'Cuz for a banana exoshell it is kind of small...

techmaster-glitch

Ah, I see...whitefox guessed it was "properly", but I was thinking it was "technology"... and I did try and sound it out, but I drew a blank. Although I can't imagine why Glup would say "properly"... :P

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 24, 2010, 11:38:28 PM
I know this game.
Is the thing made philosophically or with enchantments? 'Cuz for a banana exoshell it is kind of small...
Oh man, don't make me dig up my family's old Mad Libs books... xD

VAE

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 24, 2010, 11:39:15 PM
Ah, I see...whitefox guessed it was "properly", but I was thinking it was "technology"... and I did try and sound it out, but I drew a blank. Although I can't imagine why Glup would say "properly"... :P
Ohh DnD knowledge..
you see, Illithids are good psionics and have priests, but they not use much magic and consider it inferior.
As he was raised by them, he kind of taken on the attitude, and learned technology later (+his attempts at enchanting ended epically screwed)  so his attitude goes  something along the lines "a spell might be nice, but me (or in cases what he cannot do "a real expert" ) can do even better with psionics or pure  tech or whatever
this has gotten a little softened in Zinvth after observing but still is mistrustful of magic....

Now he thinks as he needs to admit the suit  is too nimble to have been made purely by technology (or at least the kind of tech he knows about) so suspects enchanting but still does consider it inferior somewhat
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Liatai

Quote from: danman on March 24, 2010, 11:35:06 PM
For ease, i have attempted to keep it (a bit unrealistic) as a constant sound - so in general you can begin by replacing 'gl' with r anywhere -the others are better modelled as they are easier to spot

Ah! That makes his speech much easier to decipher. :smile I was wondering about the "properly," too.

Also, danman, I'm sorry Kitt's such a standoffish jerk around creatures with chitinous exoskeletons that she thinks are insectis. :animesweat

SquirrelWizard

okay..... I'm done with the post for the other RP, I'll start seeing about getting a post up for this rp.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

VAE

Hmm, Gryphons chirp?? Something like tigers purring! - an exception between large birds!
(Made my day!)
Quote from: Liatai on March 24, 2010, 11:48:09 PM
Quote from: danman on March 24, 2010, 11:35:06 PM

Ah! That makes his speech much easier to decipher. :smile I was wondering about the "properly," too.

Also, danman, I'm sorry Kitt's such a standoffish jerk around creatures with chitinous exoskeletons that she thinks are insectis. :animesweat

Well my character is not all that nice either - but so far there are neither druids nor selfimportant priests (he does not even know the occupation of the Naga besides being a manager, and her clothes say nothing too)
(besides for attractivity, chuuls are impressed by large claws, bright tentacles, and wide. well plated ventral->tail part...)
Saphroneth

Mechanisto

Quote from: danman on March 24, 2010, 11:53:09 PMbesides for attractivity, chuuls are impressed by large claws, bright tentacles, and wide. well plated ventral->tail part...

Hey, hey hey! Let's keep this PG13. Kids might read this forum!

VAE

Quote from: Mechanisto on March 25, 2010, 01:51:13 PM
Quote from: danman on March 24, 2010, 11:53:09 PMbesides for attractivity, chuuls are impressed by large claws, bright tentacles, and wide. well plated ventral->tail part...

Hey, hey hey! Let's keep this PG13. Kids might read this forum!

And there go my attempts to teach anyone some DnD biology... :D
Saphroneth

Mechanisto

VAE

Still, this was pretty much on the level of Discovery channel documentary ...
either there is a misunderstanding of something or you are pulling a really well obfuscated joke
Saphroneth

techmaster-glitch

Mechanisto

Unfortunately, jokes are like frogs. When you take them apart to see what makes them work, the first thing you have is a non-functional specimen.

Biological topics require biological metaphors, I guess. :3

WhiteFox

VAE

Only a note folks - on 27th i am going home to slovakia and i will likely be posting much more scarcely, not having good internet acess ,and focusing on arguing with family and doing old engineering problems for end of year exams. I will most likely resume afterwards.
Saphroneth

WhiteFox

As a note to, I'm going to use a capital U for the Undead creature race, and a lowercase u for all undead in general. So, Nathalzar is undead, not an Undead. He is in charge of all Undead in the dungeon, which is why he has CR3. If he were in charge of every zombie, ghoul, and skelly, he would have had, like, CR0.2

Quote from: danman on March 25, 2010, 09:43:07 PM
Only a note folks - on 27th i am going home to slovakia and i will likely be posting much more scarcely,
That's a shame... I'm having fun with the brain merchant.  >:3

Have a safe trip, and good luck with your exams.

VAE

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 25, 2010, 10:36:16 PM

That's a shame... I'm having fun with the brain merchant.  >:3

Have a safe trip, and good luck with your exams.

I will just be away for two weeks - i hope you can manage without demolishing the dungeon...

EDIT: I am using the DnD4 Chuul version - an aquatic one (the psionic Chuul juggernaut to be precise - that is where the 15 feet  length and psionic skills comes from as well (this one knows some more, listed separately, and will likely improve if he "levels up" later in the RP)
Saphroneth

Liatai

Wow, I go to sleep and suddenly the thread takes off!  xD I might take a while to write a new reply once I catch up.

Mechanisto

Apart from the physics of what Glup is doing to the disk... do keep in mind that when an enchanted magic item is damaged, the enchantment is lost.

Not that it was overly precious or anything; just making a note.

VAE

Quote from: Mechanisto on March 26, 2010, 01:08:50 PM
Apart from the physics of what Glup is doing to the disk... do keep in mind that when an enchanted magic item is damaged, the enchantment is lost.

Not that it was overly precious or anything; just making a note.
Well it was a 10 minute spell, and in any case, the crystal is the important bit, not the mirror - is like pointing a projector at a wall
Saphroneth

VAE

Wait... so... dragons are not reptillian?
Hmm well they can shift form to simulate a being, but that does not make them that, right? Alyika can be a cat yet she still is bird creature, not?
Saphroneth

Drayco84

Quote from: danman on March 25, 2010, 10:42:57 PM
I will just be away for two weeks - i hope you can manage without demolishing the dungeon...
The dungeon itself will be fine...
Your section, on the other hand... Well, just make sure your insurance is paid up... (Won't be me! Maybe... Regardless, I'll probably sell you a recording of the event...)
Anyway, my character isn't reptilian. Yeah, he looks draconic, but other than the feathery wings, he does have fur. (And if he was female, he'd also have functioning mammary glands. Yeah, I said it! I went there!)

Mechanisto, I'm more of a fan that if an object holding a spell is broken, then the spell either A: Dissipates, B: Gets triggered, using the closest creatures as targets, or C: Explodes. (And yes, I'm aware of how gross that could be with forehead gems! Luckily, non-hostile enchantments usually have the result of A.)

VAE

Hmm , what a finicky gryphon do we have  :mowtongue nice post, made me laugh!
Generally the fleshy undead tend to be the less bad of the kind  -the dry ones by definition have been around longer ...
Saphroneth

Liatai

Heh heh, yeah. Cracking open horse bones to suck the marrow out of them? She's fine with that. Brains? Flesh golems? Ew ew no get it away I don't want it to touch me ew yuck.  :lol

To be fair, though, most of the dead things she's had to deal with have either been archaeological remains or food, not up and walking around.