03/19/10 [DMFA#1097] - Well, isn't someone chipper?

Started by DavidRokon, March 19, 2010, 12:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

it's so scary. it's like it's not even Alexsi at all but it is her and wow. happy Alexsi is almost as scary as ANGRY Alexsi but at least with angry Alexsi you know that she may hurt you at any given moment for not real reason. with happy Alexsi there is no telling what she may do.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

psilorder

Quote from: e_voyager on March 19, 2010, 07:25:49 AM
it's so scary. it's like it's not even Alexsi at all but it is her and wow. happy Alexsi is almost as scary as ANGRY Alexsi but at least with angry Alexsi you know that she may hurt you at any given moment for not real reason. with happy Alexsi there is no telling what she may do.

such as force you to eat a nutritious meal?
that can't be healthy.

Scow2

I don't believe Alexi had any "special encounters" like most people seem to assume, mostly because I figure Alexi has enough sense to recognize it's way too early for that... I'm attributing her bright mood to a wonderful date with Pyroduck (nothing more), an excellent night's sleep, and a mundane emotional high from the romantic experience, much like the one that leads to people Singing and Dancing in the Rain (NOT the Clockwork Orange version).

Jasonrevall

I like Alexi like this. I'm really glad she didn't turn down Pyro.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Alondro

Quote from: Scow2 on March 19, 2010, 08:40:58 AM
I don't believe Alexi had any "special encounters" like most people seem to assume, mostly because I figure Alexi has enough sense to recognize it's way too early for that...

Sense goes out the window when dragons are involved.  They're size is rather... overwhelming.   ;)

I mean their body, of course.  What were YOU pervs thinking of?   :nono
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

VAE

Hmm, this reminds me of how there was an old post where one of the forumgoers have read aloud, and commented an appallingly bad fanfic.
In the second part it showed alexsi (but also the enviroment) somewhat like this - The comment was "if anything is going to be even more happy i am going to slit my wrists"
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Howl

A right turn into something completely different.

Balance

I don't believe Alexi had any "special encounters" like most people seem to assume, mostly because I figure Alexi has enough sense to recognize it's way too early for that...
Actually, they've been seeing each other for quite a while. This was just their first formal date. Also remember that at some point, she brought Pyro tea wearing nothing but...well, something that made Pyro smile dreamily and Abel--the mind reader--freak out. Their relationship is likely a bit further along than you think.

Also, Shiny Lexi is profoundly disturbing, yet somehow appealing.

Sunblink

Oh my god. I only wish I could be that cheerful in the morning, but then again Alexsi had some "help."

This comic was hilarious.

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2010, 05:37:28 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 19, 2010, 01:47:25 AM
Here's wondering to how Dan's going to wake up ;)

What's going to be interesting is if he simply doesn't return...

I forgot all about Dan. That's going to be interesting.

jeffh4

I wonder how much of Alexi's good mood is just standard every day being a successful Inn Prioprieteress attitude?  You have to be chipper if you want to have repeat business and good word of mouth.  

Of course, having a good night beforehand always helps.  

Score:
Sunshine Alexi: 1
Grumpy, hangover: 0

llearch n'n'daCorna

... leads to people Singing and Dancing in the Rain (NOT the Clockwork Orange version).

I dunno. I'm a bit partial to the Beethoven, and a bit of the old ultra-violence...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 19, 2010, 10:38:55 AM
... leads to people Singing and Dancing in the Rain (NOT the Clockwork Orange version).

I dunno. I'm a bit partial to the Beethoven, and a bit of the old ultra-violence...

Once more, in Nadsat :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I wonder if the Inn provides complimentary sunglasses for when Alexsi is in a good mood.............because that is a whole lot of shiny!  :3

Interesting to see her happy for a change.  :)

Congo Jack

With her luck Gen will walk into Dan with similar glow on her way out.

Psaakyrn

It's a good thing Genny is in no mood to think. Else she would've noticed that Alexsi is not overdosed with shapeshifting magic the last time she met "her"...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Keklily

Mao told me that Lexi is a very sensetive subject to handle! cuase char is a real friend to RL amber that passed away!

(told by Mao on IRC when I began writing on my fanfic)

VAE

It would be interesting if suddenly all 8 members of Jin clan gathered around incognito to feed ;D

Would be similar to one part of "the cyberiad" by Stanislaw Lem which was a kid/adult silly sci-fi ...
In one of the adventures towards the end the two constructers meet some guy that wanted to improve the state of some organic beings (people... the protagonists are advanced robots) so he pours Altruizin into the water supply which causes people to be able  to share emotions and feelings (like cubi except they actually experience them) Fun ensues as people with chronic pain and depression are chased out of the city... a cat hunting mice causes a fire or something, and newlyweds are on their marriage night surrounded by a crowd wanting to participate ....
Quote from: Keklily on March 19, 2010, 05:08:09 PM
Mao told me that Lexi is a very sensetive subject to handle! cuase char is a real friend to RL amber that passed away!

(told by Mao on IRC when I began writing on my fanfic)

That's rather common knowledge - it is on the characrer page even.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Rakyth

Quote from: white wolf on March 19, 2010, 03:26:25 AM
I'm wondering if Amber might have to raise the site rating eventually,

No. For some odd reason, people having children is not a super graphic topic. Ya'know, the whole concept of LIFE GOES ON tends to be PG. :P

@Keklily: Lexi was a goddess of a person that passed away, and so the entire event is surrounded in suck.

I only went to the Lost Lake dream once, and while I did not care for its patrons[...Okay well the truth is...I get crowd shy so I never spoke with anyone. Shutup pls], Lexi was fun and a great person to be around, if there was any need to reiterate. BUT THEN HOW DID I KNOW IF I DID NOT SPEAK WITH ANYONE?

Whispers.

Keklily

Quote from: rakyth

@Keklily: Lexi was a goddess of a person that passed away, and so the entire event is surrounded in suck.

If ya say so! I just heard it

white wolf

Quote from: rakyth on March 19, 2010, 05:14:55 PM
Quote from: white wolf on March 19, 2010, 03:26:25 AM
I'm wondering if Amber might have to raise the site rating eventually,

No. For some odd reason, people having children is not a super graphic topic. Ya'know, the whole concept of LIFE GOES ON tends to be PG. :P
i wasn't talking of people having children i'm talking of the whole "making of" part. I said that because if Amber wants to get into more adult conversations then show would HAVE to raise the ratings  :rolleyes
http://crowngpt.com/ use this website to make free money that can be used to donate to Amber. I post this WITHOUT my ref link so i gain nothing, and only attempt to help Amber.

Psychedelic Mushroom

:3 Me thinks that Alexsi just had a great date with Pyroduck. And no I don't mean them doing anything. I mean, who WOULDN'T feel unstressed after being with a loved one for a while?  :dancers It sure heck works for me.   :)

inuhanyo

Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 19, 2010, 12:17:21 PM
It's a good thing Genny is in no mood to think. Else she would've noticed that Alexsi is not overdosed with shapeshifting magic the last time she met "her"...

Oh, IMO she noticed that while she was staring at Alexsi, which is why she turned away with a grumpy "thanks for the room", instead of attacking her (notice Gen's clinched and trembling fist in panel three).

On the other hand, Gen has most likely not registered that Alexsi's eyes are a different color than when they first "met".

Scow2

Quote from: Professor Fate on March 19, 2010, 08:54:01 PM
:3 Me thinks that Alexsi just had a great date with Pyroduck. And no I don't mean them doing anything. I mean, who WOULDN'T feel unstressed after being with a loved one for a while?  :dancers It sure heck works for me.   :)
This is the point I was trying to make earlier...

Infranscia

Quote from: inuhanyo on March 19, 2010, 09:56:28 PM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 19, 2010, 12:17:21 PMIt's a good thing Genny is in no mood to think. Else she would've noticed that Alexsi is not overdosed with shapeshifting magic the last time she met "her"...

Oh, IMO she noticed that while she was staring at Alexsi, which is why she turned away with a grumpy "thanks for the room", instead of attacking her (notice Gen's clinched and trembling fist in panel three).

On the other hand, Gen has most likely not registered that Alexsi's eyes are a different color than when they first "met".

Actually, I'm wondering if her being hung-over might actually interfere with her ability to see auras.

Also, something my sister pointed out: If you pay attention, you'll notice that Dan closes his eyes while talking to anybody as his sis.  Well, for the most part, at least.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

SkeletalSpade

I randomly made ana ccount, just to comment on here as well x3

Quote from: Balance on March 19, 2010, 10:20:17 AM
Actually, they've been seeing each other for quite a while. This was just their first formal date. Also remember that at some point, she brought Pyro tea wearing nothing but...well, something that made Pyro smile dreamily and Abel--the mind reader--freak out. Their relationship is likely a bit further along than you think.

Also, Shiny Lexi is profoundly disturbing, yet somehow appealing.

I have to agree that its probably getting rather serious- Plus, Someone THAT bright, sunshiney and cheerful, especally for Alexi; You know -Something- happened ;3  Even if it was just serious snuggling -shrug-  :3

Psychedelic Mushroom

Remember everyone. Amber DID state that "No one gets any in the Comic". So, Dream what ya want in a fantasy but the likeliness of that happening unless Amber changes her rule is 0.  :)

techmaster-glitch

This strip is just too precious. Happy sunbeaming Alexsi has to be one of the cutest things yet :3

Incidentally, a song somes to mind... ~"I'm gonna soak up the sun, gonna tell everyone to lighten up..."~

Naldru

I think that Amber meant that there were be no activity of the type under discussion occurring onstage.  After all, one assumes that such activity occurred between Destania and Edward in the main comic and between May and Aniz in Abel's story.

Quote from: Alondro on March 19, 2010, 09:09:26 AM
Sense goes out the window when dragons are involved.  They're size is rather... overwhelming.   ;)
I mean their body, of course.  What were YOU pervs thinking of?   :nono

I believe that Pyroduck follows the advice of Teddy Roosevelt when dealing with others:  speak softly but carry a big stick.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Naldru on March 20, 2010, 02:15:29 PM
I think that Amber meant that there were be no activity of the type under discussion occurring onstage.  After all, one assumes that such activity occurred between Destania and Edward in the main comic and between May and Aniz in Abel's story.

Well that's kinda obvious because they're older and married. But it's nice to read the comic in a PG-13 rated mind, not in a M Rated mind.. Y'know?

iceick

Well, it's no wonder why Alexsi is in a good mood in the morning when she gets to ride Puff the Magic Dragon the night before.
However, Dan will look quite different when he finally comes in :zombiekun2. After all, he was at the rodeo, bunkin' broncos all night (or at least getting bunked by the bronco :mowdizzy).
And then when Alexsi sees him who knows what will happen (I think I'll step outside now before the chairs start flying).