03/25/10 [DMFA #1096] - Maybe it's a comic about Spiders!

Started by jeffh4, March 15, 2010, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh4

Don't you just hate getting startled like that? 

Good to see that Abel's relexes are still in great shape!

Zedd

Baal Hadad

Wow, I don't recall seeing that expression on Abel's face since....

...well, since Abel's Story.

RandomMetaphysics

Bwehehe. Amber really knows how to convey shock on her characters :P
Abel got so freaked out (not only from Fi but also from his dream), he ripped the pillow >:3

That soft glow effect is also really cool! Once again, Amber provides us with awesome.

Quote from: jeffh4 on March 15, 2010, 12:53:43 AM

A looooooong time ago, my cat would wake me up at the same time every day, by jumping right on top of me while I was sleeping...
I never got used to it, and Abel's expression pretty much sums up my reaction whenever the cat did that.

Jasonrevall

its spider cat spider cat, does whatever a spider cat can. lol i bet the comic is spider man too. I really love the lighting (or whatever the technical term would be) for this strip. Also thanks for the extra strip Amber (if she reads this).
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

nicoreon the tyrannical

Reminds me of the time my mother took home a dog to meet are cat a few years ago. I believe it was the only time i have ever seen a creature run up, and along a wall anime stile in real life.

D R Dracowolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 15, 2010, 01:24:56 AM
Wow, I don't recall seeing that expression on Abel's face since....

...well, since Abel's Story.
I said the same thing, maybe Amber's planning a crossover comic!

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

SpottedKitty

On the bright side, Abel doesn't have to try explaining to Alexsi the blood on the floor upstairs...

Just the clawmarks on the ceiling downstairs.   >:3
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Shachza

A looooooong time ago, my cat would wake me up at the same time every day, by jumping right on top of me while I was sleeping...
I never got used to it, and Abel's expression pretty much sums up my reaction whenever the cat did that.

Huh.  I've always loved having a cat jump onto me.  It means that I'm loved by something fuzzy and cuddly.  Or at least wanted.  Then again, I tend to sleep under some thick blankets, so claws aren't much of a worry.  I can sleep through most anything, as long as it's not rhythmic and repetitive.    :rock   || :sleep

I also tend to tackle cats that jump on me and hold them hostage while I go back to sleep.  Cats who know me tend to spend most of the time sleeping at the foot of my bed.  Not sure why.   :rolleyes
            <-- #1 that is!

Tapewolf

Poor, poor Abel.  He's not going to be able to hide this from the others.  He's not even going to be able to sleep it off like his tiff with Dan because he's now got a job.
I don't know if 'Cubi of his age are prone to 'flu, whether that might work as an excuse...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 15, 2010, 01:27:14 AM
Bwehehe. Amber really knows how to convey shock on her characters :P
Abel got so freaked out (not only from Fi but also from his dream), he ripped the pillow >:3

That soft glow effect is also really cool! Once again, Amber provides us with awesome.

OOh!
My first cat was a wonderful savage huntery animal - she caught pretty much anyhting that moved from rodents to insects to fallen screws (in the last case, brought them to me  :mowsmile)
One night i was sleeping, i woke up to some noise, suddenly a scared midsize spider ran across my face and hand and immediately after, from the cupboard above my head (it was in front of the bed) the cat jumped down landing right next to my head and proceeding to hunt the spider....
Fun awakening at 4 AM!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Brownie

Well, I guess I'm an elitist then.
Comics are not a legit form of literature.

Also, I just can't get over Fi's Glowing Aura. I want one.

iceick

Yey, Fi's back, and his timing couldn't be better. At least Abel isn't so upset about his dream now.

jeffh4

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 15, 2010, 01:27:14 AM

Soon after my wife got her cat, he would assert his dominance by jumping on her face at night.  Finally he did this when she was only partially asleep.  She showed her cat-like reflexes (sorry) by catching him by the throat in mid jump.  As she slowly returned to wakefulness, she was telling herself "don't strangle the cat, don't strangle the cat. . . ." When she was fully awake, she saw that she was actually strangling the cat.  He was now cross-eyed and not looking very happy.  She tossed the cat away and he ran off.  

Not surprisingly, he never again tried to jump on her face at night.

I do notice a trend here.  It seems the cats in our lives are the reason for our startled morning wake-ups!

JackTheCubiWolf

I just noticed something. I took a closer look at the cover of the comic, and the picture looks like Fi hold the comic.
I'm back, and tired.

Ghostwish

This is the first comic in a while that honestly made me laugh. Oh Fi, you hyper-active little ball of energy...

Naldru

Quote from: Shachza on March 15, 2010, 03:20:46 AM
Huh.  I've always loved having a cat jump onto me.  It means that I'm loved by something fuzzy and cuddly.  Or at least wanted.

In my case, what is wanted is to be fed.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

joshofspam

Now does this mean Abel will try to avoid Mab and Pip or is this going to lead to a confrontation between these three?

Yes now let's add to the list of what bothers Abel

1. Spiders. (Oh that is one big eeeek!)

2. Alexia in a bad mood. (Fear the mallet.)

3. Genesis. ( There's some huge amount of crazy attached to those.)

4. His Dad. (......)

5. A talking Drake in his dreams that knows way to much about him (even for it to be a dream) that looks surprising like a Drake of a friend of the person I'm tutoring and living with.

Wait are their more things that bother Abel?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sind

Techcubi

Quote from: Brownie on March 15, 2010, 04:28:25 AM

HAHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAH- Oh, wait, you were serious?

Lucheek

Abel didn't really move or make any noises when he woke up, or at least that we saw. So Fi must've noticed his eyes opening. I can imagine Fi just sitting next to the bed, patiently waiting for his eyes to open to spring this question.

I really like the glowy effects in the dark room for this one.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Techcubi on March 15, 2010, 11:20:08 AM

I'm sure many a discussion / argument has been had over this sort of thing, like what constitutes art, for some its paint squiggles, for others it's computer games.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Riddel_Espoir

Um... maybe it's a bit off-topic, but how come Fi's tail Pip-bite mark is still there? I mean, don't Warp-aci get to regenerate small injuries?

MT Hazard

Quote from: Riddel_Espoir on March 15, 2010, 01:15:01 PM
Um... maybe it's a bit off-topic, but how come Fi's tail Pip-bite mark is still there? I mean, don't Warp-aci get to regenerate small injuries?

Perhaps he's decided to keep it (like demons sheep's bone wing) or perhaps being bitten in the same place twice means it taking longer to heal.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

VAE

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 15, 2010, 01:14:28 PM
Quote from: Techcubi on March 15, 2010, 11:20:08 AM

I'm sure many a discussion / argument has been had over this sort of thing, like what constitutes art, for some its paint squiggles, for others it's computer games.

But does it matter at all? I mean the only difference is that art/literature , unlike the other text and pictures also get discussed by shabbily dressed  pretentious people in small cafes and wineries.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

jeffh4

Quote from: joshofspam on March 15, 2010, 10:27:34 AM
Wait are their more things that bother Abel?

Remember what popped into Abel's head when Dan asked him to think of the scarriest thing he could imagine?  It was the Cubi instructor in the labcoat and monster-sized syringe.  I think his name is "Ink."

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Sunblink

Amber, your shading/lighting in this page is stellar. I wanna know how this is done, seriously. D: I tried duplicating it (bad idea) once and failed pretty miserably. I don't understand how it doesn't take you like a million layers.

Uh, but I digress.  

Quote from: danman on March 15, 2010, 01:21:49 PM
But does it matter at all? I mean the only difference is that art/literature , unlike the other text and pictures also get discussed by shabbily dressed  pretentious people in small cafes and wineries.

This. Or pretentious people sitting behind a judge's table.

"You're right in that I shouldn't expect too much from comic book writing, but what kind of an excuse is that? Comic book writers do not undergo mandatory lobotomies. Was Watchmen just comic book writing? Was Schindler's List just a bunch of flickery lights on a wall?" - Yahtzee (lol Batman: Arkham Asylum review)