DMFA Theme : Princes of the Dreams.

Started by Xss, July 18, 2006, 03:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

insanekaosx

Doing a character song thing would be a cool idea *Yeah, just been watching this thread a bit >>* but you need to know one thing. This Abel doesn't sing very well.... Ask Miaka about her kidneys....

You're all doing lovely though.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Wow, there's a lot more than I expected to find! Thanks, JP!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tezkat

Quote from: Xss on July 29, 2006, 09:42:57 AM
QuoteAh, well... I suppose could have used this recording time to do my SAIA lines, but where's the fun in that? 

Maybe that Cubi patch worked a little too well. 
ooOOOoooooooOOOOooh my GooooOOOOoooOOOOd!!!!  :mowhappy  I LOVE you! That's one of the funniest things I ever heard! I MUST put this version in my website!

I don't mind you putting it up. It's not the greatest recording/mix, but it actually turned out better than I thought it would. I was pleasantly surprised by Jyrras's sweet vibrato. My throat usually isn't relaxed enough to produce that when singing in character.  :kittycool

And I MUST rise it with Audacity to make it a little bit more squeaky, just to see how it sounds (I'm NOT mad)!   :laugh

They say that denial is the first symptom...   :mowtongue

While it's a refreshing change to have someone really like my Jyrras voice off the bat, the whole "squeaky Jyrras" thing is a bit of a sore point for me. A number of posters have... well... said less than kind things about my high-pitched, geeky rendition of him. I've been actively de-squeakifying my Jyrras voice over the past year, giving him more heavy chest resonance, and generally making him sound less cartoony. So I cringe a little when people say they want to take him back in the other direction.  :mowdizzy

QuoteWell, honestly I don't it bad '.' You seem to have a low strongh voice, exactly what I don't have, I kinda like how it sounds...I'm sure that working it and using it with another kind of music it could sound great.

Thanks. It is much easier for me to sing baritone or bass. This song is a bit too high for me to sing well in my normal voice. The high notes are just above my comfortable register break...

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 29, 2006, 05:49:19 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 28, 2006, 09:03:45 PM
I've just about managed to sing in Merl's voice, but it isn't easy and I haven't made any recordings yet.

Doesn't quite work, does it?

Bwahahahahaha! :-)

That's just hilarious :-)

:yeahthat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tezkat on July 28, 2006, 05:43:56 PM
So... do you sing, James? We could totally do a DMFA character song collection...   :mowdan
I can't promise you a great performance, but I could try... I'll see if I can sing to this song as an example sometime when it's quiet and nobody is asleep (computer got moved to a high traffic area in the house)

Xss

QuoteTricky.. the multitrack won't run at half speed.  I could probably do one with Audacity against that backing track, though..
Er, in fact I was kidding XD...But if you really want to do it, just go, it's up to you  :laugh

QuoteWhile it's a refreshing change to have someone really like my Jyrras voice off the bat, the whole "squeaky Jyrras" thing is a bit of a sore point for me. A number of posters have... well... said less than kind things about my high-pitched, geeky rendition of him. I've been actively de-squeakifying my Jyrras voice over the past year, giving him more heavy chest resonance, and generally making him sound less cartoony. So I cringe a little when people say they want to take him back in the other direction. 
Well, to say the truth, it's just because imagining Jyrras talking with that kind of voice is really funny for me, but I've never ever imagined the character talking like that XD. In my mind he always had a normal young male voice, but which wasn't deep, like if he always had an old teenager's voice...A little bit like the actor Micheal J Fox's one. The skeeky voice is funny, but I won't chose it as the "real Jyrras' voice", if there should be one...But, after listening to it, hm...I think that Jyrras having a normal voice but which becomes skeeky and high pitched when he becomes nervous/terrified could be quite funny!  :laugh

QuoteThanks. It is much easier for me to sing baritone or bass. This song is a bit too high for me to sing well in my normal voice. The high notes are just above my comfortable register break...
Yeah, all the contrary of me XD. I don't know if you know the group poets of the fall, but the main singer has a deep voice, which is not very strong, but it's quite nice I think. I tried to sing that way, without having to reach high notes, but with my voice...Blargh, I had the impression I was listening to a mad man singing XD.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Xss on July 30, 2006, 09:08:16 AM
QuoteWhile it's a refreshing change to have someone really like my Jyrras voice off the bat, the whole "squeaky Jyrras" thing is a bit of a sore point for me. A number of posters have... well... said less than kind things about my high-pitched, geeky rendition of him.
The skeeky voice is funny, but I won't chose it as the "real Jyrras' voice", if there should be one...

Too late... far, far too late...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Xss

QuoteToo late... far, far too late...
Woa, that's GREAT! My favourite DMFA chapter!  :laugh Well, in fact, I changed my mind, Jyrras' voice is the best of all in that track! Great job guys, specialy Tezkat!  "clap! clap! clap!"