Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquirrelWizard

I thought your standard reason for delay was booze and dames?

just like mine is "I'm a lazy ass..."
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Lisky

Ale and whores... but in this case, it's not the case :P

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Lisky

Right-oh... updating people on what's happening! i've been derp and getting myself distracted.  I'll be doing a post tomorrow... giving you all about 24 hours notice in case anyone wants to do something before then!

Sorry for the delays... :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Lisky

*waves an angry fist at Adam Jensen*  Damn you DE:HR You and your epic time-devouring awesomeness...

ya... sorry i've been derp with OSaS... classes have been rough so far, and my free time has previously been being devoured by video games, and other things.  I'll be posting in OSaS in the very near future... Apologies for the delay... Time to get posty!

Lisky

Apologies for the quad post.  As your GM, i'd like to make a notice that i am currently open to taking new character submissions.  PM a sheet if you're interested in joining, and i'll get back to you ASAP for approval :B

I've been a bit derp, but i've found that running this game can be rather cathartic... so... ya... if there's anything else any of my players need, just lemme know :o

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on September 28, 2011, 12:12:03 AM
I've been a bit derp, but i've found that running this game can be rather cathartic... so... ya... if there's anything else any of my players need, just lemme know :o

A response for Seth from Nadia and Renard would be nice.  Not necessarily a complete move, just a reply...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Was that a 'Selling England by the Pound' reference there, VAE?

Inumo, your best bet is to ask Bas via PM or something if you're not sure.  I tend to be fairly cautious and conservative in my own approach since the game was billed up-front as being relatively unforgiving.

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 18, 2011, 04:21:46 AM
Was that a 'Selling England by the Pound' reference there, VAE?

Inumo, your best bet is to ask Bas via PM or something if you're not sure.  I tend to be fairly cautious and conservative in my own approach since the game was billed up-front as being relatively unforgiving.

>:3 Yes it was. It's what I had on while writing the post, and figured out it was somewhat relevant to the happenings.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

rammenstein

Hello hello, y'all! Just waiting for Bas to get all the new intro posts done, so Imma go ahead and throw up my character profile now. With any luck, I'll be posting in the actual Rp soon!

Name: Rowen "The Tank" Stahl

Race: Honey Badger Being

Country of origin as well as current residence: Aeliseium, and he has no permanent residence

Physical Description: Standing at 6'4" and weighing in at 250 lbs. of muscle outside his armor, Rowen is a sight to see. His fur is mostly black, with the distinctive white stripe starting in his short, cornrowed hair and running down his back, terminating at the tip of his two-and-a-half foot tail. His eyes are a striking blue, standing out against the black fur surrounding them. His casual attire normally consists of a simple sleeveless shirt, cargo pants and heavy-duty combat boots. When kitted out, he wears his personal powered armor over a form-fitting, one piece body suit (though he will wear his casuals underneath if he hasn't time to change), with his weaponry of choice stored in its appropriate place.

Lia drew me an awesome picture!

Equipment:
- "Superbeast" pattern clockwork powered armor, with places on the hips and back to store weaponry.
- "Big Iron", semi-automatic, ten-shot, .45 cal. magnum pistol. Sized for powered armor.
- "Angel Witch", a 4 1/2 foot clockwork chainsword.
- "Thunderstruck", a Thunder Hammer; a massive, two-handed warhammer with a clockwork mechanism in the head. It generates electricity that, when activated, coats the hammerhead.
- "The Infidel", a pump-action assault gun (oversized shotgun).
- "Revenga", a lever-action, 20mm anti-material cannon.
- "Pity and Fear", combination 3 foot chainsword and .38 cal. pistol
- "The Wartruck", a large van modified to power the suit and various powered weaponry, and  serve as a mobile base of operations. There is a large bay taking up the majority of the rear of the vehicle, which acts as both a workshop and storage bay.

History: Rowen is a veteran mercenary, having lived his craft for over ten years. Born and raised in Aeliseium, he also has a working knowledge of clockwork devices, enough to maintain and upgrade his equipment. He doesn't like to stay in one place too long, and travels often in search of work. Fearless by nature, the only limit to the jobs he takes is his own morals and ethics. He has worked with several nations in the past, but never against his home country, as that is one of the things he refuses to do. As a result, he has managed to build working relations with a number of countries, while still maintaining his loyalty to Aeliseium. However, he does not affiliate himself with the Aelisian government, citing irreconcilable moral differences.

Personality: Rowen, despite his intimidating stature, is a pretty cool guy. He is fairly intelligent, with a calm and composed demeanor, even in combat. He is naturally fearless, and any attempt to intimidate him his doomed to fail. Rowen, despite being a mercenary, is a very ethical and moral person. Unless attacked, he will not harm civilians, and even then he will go no further than is minimally necessary to eliminate the threat. Also, he will never, and I emphasize, never harm children. Those that do will feel the full force of his wrath. Despite hailing from Aeliseium, Rowen has no problem with creatures or magic in general, having grown up in a border town and, thus, was mostly unaffected by the paranoia of the inner-city citizens.

Trivia (if you so feel like it):
- Rowen is somewhat farsighted, and needs reading glasses.
- He enjoys a good book, and can often be found reading in his down-time.
- As a Honey Badger, it is biologically impossible for him to feel fear. Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to interpretation.
- Rowen is not a fast runner, but his endurance is legendary.

Boom.

Inumo

Tapewolf

Quote from: rammenstein on November 18, 2011, 10:00:26 PM
It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down.
I had the radio on, I was driving.

Thanks, I had forgotten about that song.  For those who never knew it, the video alone is well worth the advert thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1D3a5eDJIs

rammenstein

You're welcome, Tapewolf. It's good to know there's other people out there who enjoy Classic Rock.

Trees went by, me and Del were singin'
Little runaway, I was flyin'

Boom.

Lisky

Apologies for the delays, all... i've rewritten this post 3 times now :B  I'll have it up in the next few hours

Lisky

Soo... i've been mulling this idea over in my head, and i think i -may- be in the market for a co-GM.  This game has grown a lot, and i find my muse coming and going at odd times.  It's getting harder to put out the content that all of you players seem to crave, and it feels like my inability to write is starting to stagnate the game a bit.

Now, just because i'm thinking about it, doesn't mean i'm going to select anyone... this is more of a call of interest to see who, if anyone, is willing to help me start wrangling this project back on course, and getting sailing at full steam again. 

Take care, and looking forwards to replies

AmberCross

I would like to volunteer actually, if it's not an issue with me having a character. I'm told by many I would be good at GMing but have little to no formal experience so I figure starting off in a co-position would actually be good. I am a writer by merit of having read WAY too many books in my life and have also been keeping track of just about all the various threads of this story so I figure I at least meet basic requirements. I will understand if I don't get it due to a better candidate or my inexperience or something, but as an upfront I should warn you that I consent to NO criminal background checks. Happy hunting!

littlekreen

heh, sent basilisk a PM. Assuming this is still active. Send me back a copy of that PM would you? this forum has outbox saving off by default...  :<

rammenstein

It's still active. Bas just tends to get distracted by wenches and mead. A lot.

Boom.

Lisky

That and school and stuff... i'll be getting around to a GM post tomorrow after class... i'm like 75% done now

SquirrelWizard

yeah I'm slowly working through my RPs, OSAS is next, followed by LitS I think.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Lisky

time to blow the dust off and get to posting again.  Sorry about the long delay, all... i feel like i'm finally back into my groove :3

Chairtastic

littlekreen

Well personally I'm still waiting on input for approval :)

rammenstein

Someone really needs to take Lisky's wenches and mead away. We're never gonna get a post at this rate.

Boom.

Lisky

But... they're... mine >[ ALL MINE!

I'm off to commit acts of Slut Puppery! 8D

littlekreen

We're gonna have to send set a trap to get him back, aren't we.  :giggle

Lisky

Nah, i'm just really all over the place ATM XD  currently doing some drawing, then gonna work on RP posts again... it's mostly done... just need to work on the new app and start merging you into the plotline

Lisky

So.... after lots of ups and downs... gonna go and get this post finished after work today... Will be poking people with notes in a bit to get some clarification on a few things... but, i do believe this beast is ready to awaken from it's slumber :B

rammenstein

Assuming you don't get distracted again by wenches, anyway. :B

Boom.

Lisky

rammenstein

Boom.