02/26/2010 [DMFA Filler] - Does Mink EVER get sad?

Started by Sind, February 26, 2010, 03:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjalf

Quote from: jeffh4 on February 26, 2010, 11:50:06 AM
Oh! Now that's an idea!  A vote incentive with a guillotine above all the DMFA  cast members stretched out in a row, with the guillotine moving to whomever has the highest dollar amount!  In your scenario, however, Regina would be safe, because even if Regina #1 dies, Regina #2 gets to laugh about it.

Now I get to add your name to the list ...   :mwaha

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on February 26, 2010, 11:16:27 AM
Breeding with Mythos shouldn't work but it pretty much always does.  They can conceive with everything except the undead, and I'm sure some furious Mythos scientists are working to fix that "oversight."

I think you may have got the logic backwards there - I'm pretty sure that's not what the Hybrid Genetics page meant.

I took it to mean that Mythos are diverse enough that any single Mythos will be able to find at least one non-Mythos race they can pair with.  I do not think it meant that all Mythos can breed with all other races.  Otherwise you wouldn't have the situation where two races grouped under "Mythos" are unable to interbreed, which Fluffy says can happen.

e.g.:

Mythos A can interbreed with Beings, Demons, 'Cubi etc
Mythos B can interbreed with Insectis
Mythos A and Mythos B cannot interbreed

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

entropicage

Quote from: Turnsky on February 26, 2010, 11:53:14 AM
you know, it'd be fun to have Mink join the DMFA cast proper.
May or may not happen, depending on Amber's will. I believe that he's still at SAIA, but we don't know that for certain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: entropicage on February 26, 2010, 12:32:55 PMI believe that he's still at SAIA, but we don't know that for certain.

One of these days Dan is going to have to return to SAIA, maybe we'll see then.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 26, 2010, 01:04:20 PM
Quote from: entropicage on February 26, 2010, 12:32:55 PMI believe that he's still at SAIA, but we don't know that for certain.

One of these days Dan is going to have to return to SAIA, maybe we'll see then.

If Mink is still there, I bet he's still smiling.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on February 26, 2010, 11:37:19 AM
Aaammbeerrr ...

Please, if shit's going to happen, let it happen to these before Mink:
Aaryanna
Aliyka
Azlan
Biggs
Kria
Lorenda
Merlitz
Pip
Regina
Regina
Wildy

Yes, I know I listed Regina twice, but honestly, like she doesn't deserve it!

Actually, this is a great opportunity for a $$$-type vote.

So ... I'm guessing that since neither Hizell and Dark Pegasus is in that list, that you'd rather have Mink harmed over either of those two ?

???

I know, I know .. I kid. :>

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Madd the Sane

I noticed that no one has even thought that Mink might be dead, and that is why Abel can't keep a roommate. He's too traumatized at losing Mink to have another roommate.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Bjalf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on February 26, 2010, 04:16:51 PM
I noticed that no one has even thought that Mink might be dead, and that is why Abel can't keep a roommate. He's too traumatized at losing Mink to have another roommate.

Oh, we've all thought it. Nobody wants to say it, though.

And now you've jinxed Mink!  :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on February 26, 2010, 04:16:51 PM

I think it's unlikely.  I'm fairly sure Amber said he was still kicking around somewhere, but it would be difficult to find that citation.

terrycloth

Mink got really emo, changed clans, decided he'd rather be a girl, and changed his name to Aaryana.

white wolf

Quote from: terrycloth on February 26, 2010, 04:41:59 PM
Mink got really emo, changed clans, decided he'd rather be a girl, and changed his name to Aaryana.
scariest. Thought. EVER.  :erk
http://crowngpt.com/ use this website to make free money that can be used to donate to Amber. I post this WITHOUT my ref link so i gain nothing, and only attempt to help Amber.

Roach Lord

Ah. Mink can make you smile even when the chips are down.

LoneHowler

I'm just wondering if anyone elce is tempted to ask Amber for coloring pages as bonus material
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

OminousShadow

I'm with the sulking Abel. Not only do we wait till tomorrow for an update, we also get one less update to the story
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Sind

TA-DA!

Someone had to do it XD

Man... that is the LAST time I use that coloring technique =S
Some of you might notice the details on Abel's hair are missing, but I'm too tired for those now, and it's getting late here =/
Maybe I'll do it tomorrow, but that is it for my fan-coloring for now =P

Rakyth

Mink is obviously male.

But I doubt he feels that way.

Roach Lord

If Mink wore cloths I would have asumed immediatly that he was a woman.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: psilorder on February 26, 2010, 11:30:52 AM
"girl cause of the face and the pigtails."

Well, his "Pigtails" are his ears right? I mean. I'm still trying to "grasp" the idea of him having suction cups on his tail and ears. *gets slapped for a bad pun*  :mowdizzy

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Professor Fate on February 26, 2010, 11:18:03 PM
Quote from: psilorder on February 26, 2010, 11:30:52 AM"girl cause of the face and the pigtails."
Well, his "Pigtails" are his ears right? I mean. I'm still trying to "grasp" the idea of him having suction cups on his tail and ears. *gets slapped for a bad pun*  :mowdizzy

/crazy theory

Those are not really ears, they are his real headwings ... and the headwings are really specially designed membranes that pick up motion in the air and lets him convert it into sound/pressure/direction as need be.

/end crazy theory

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Sind on February 26, 2010, 03:55:51 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 26, 2010, 03:47:39 AM
If it's possible...Mink looks even cuter THIS way....
If only there were color  :3

What, can't you find your crayons? But print it on paper first, don't crayon your screen.

Quote from: Sind on February 26, 2010, 08:40:56 PM

TA-DA!

OK, I guess you found them.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Baal Hadad

I thought Mink's eyes looked weird, and I was right.  You whited his pupils, and colored in the reflections on his pupils.  His eyelashes are where the whites of his eyes actually are.

Sind

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 27, 2010, 02:03:55 AM
I thought Mink's eyes looked weird, and I was right.  You whited his pupils, and colored in the reflections on his pupils.  His eyelashes are where the whites of his eyes actually are.

Thank god, I too wondered what was wrong with his eyes =S
Thanks for pointing it out, I'll have it fixed together with the next update. ^-^

Shachza

Mink looks like Orphan Annie now.    :D
            <-- #1 that is!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sind on February 26, 2010, 08:40:56 PM
Man... that is the LAST time I use that coloring technique =S

What technique did you use?

Sind

I'm using Gimp's fuzzy selection(magic wand) tool, adjusting the Threshold for every space. then copying the color I want from a comic page, and lastly filling with FG color.

Though when I think about it, I don't know of any better method anyways XD

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sind on February 27, 2010, 08:47:36 AM
Though when I think about it, I don't know of any better method anyways XD

What I would have done would be to scale the image to 2x size, then use the Threshold filter to reduce it to B/W.  Then flood-fill the regions and scale it back down again.
This isn't the only way to do it, of course.

Sind

Oooh, I didn't know of that threshold filer till now  =o
Thanks man, this'll definitively make it much easier from now on   =3

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Sind on February 27, 2010, 05:05:45 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 27, 2010, 02:03:55 AM

Thank god, I too wondered what was wrong with his eyes =S
Thanks for pointing it out, I'll have it fixed together with the next update. ^-^

You're welcome.  Look forward to seeing the corrected version!  :)

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 27, 2010, 12:38:15 AM
Quote from: Professor Fate on February 26, 2010, 11:18:03 PM
Quote from: psilorder on February 26, 2010, 11:30:52 AM"girl cause of the face and the pigtails."

/crazy theory

Those are not really ears, they are his real headwings ... and the headwings are really specially designed membranes that pick up motion in the air and lets him convert it into sound/pressure/direction as need be.

/end crazy theory

:D

Becareful you don't want to go out an confuse people with that.  :U But in all honesty, are those tentacles on his head ears or just random attatchments? :<