Doodle Adventure - an open, Pencilworld-based 2-level RP (easier than it sounds)

Started by Gabi, January 22, 2010, 02:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

In the beginning, there was the Pencil. It was all-powerful, but it was also all alone.

Then, it created 5 other Pencils, gifted with world-creation powers (valid for one world). Their wielders became known at the Bepenciled.

All 6 pencils were used to create Pencilworld. A world with stuff trees, healing waters and fires, mysterious caves, practical plotholes and many other things.

The Bepenciled and their friends gathered for a Tea Party. Many things happened, and numerous adventures took place. But in the end, everything went quiet... or was it the end?

Although the wielder of the original Pencil claims to have retired, one of the Bepenciled is willing to have another run. But this time will be different. This time ALL pencils and other drawing implements will have their chance to shine, for the new quest shall be... a Doodle Adventure!

Rules:

• We're in Pencilworld, sitting around a table with lots of paper and pencils and (why not?) Tea.
  • We're going to play a doodle adventure: that is, a game within the game. Each player makes a drawing in order to illustrate an ongoing story. The drawing may or may not contain text, and it can be anything from a single figure to a 12-frame comic strip. Quality doesn't matter at all: as long as we can tell what's in it, that's all that matters.
  • Each drawing will continue the story, which can be taken in any direction (as long as it follows the forum rules, of course).
  • Even if you don't feel like drawing (not even blobs or stick figures), you can still sit at the table and roleplay with the rest of us.
  • If you're a Bepenciled, you may use your powers here. Just try not to abuse them. ;)

That's all for now, I hope it's clear enough, but if it's not, don't be afraid to ask. I'd like to welcome everyone (back?) to Pencilworld and to this table. Make yourselves comfortable, grab something to drink, eat and/or draw and let's begin our story. I'll start it off with a simple and humble frame.

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sprocketsdance

"Heeeeey there!" Sitting down with a cup of tea I take a sip, make a little doodle, and put it to the center of the table.

Noone

Picking up some tools, one decided to put some dialog in, and would later admit to having a good time doing it.

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Gabi

With her Pencil, Gabi materializes a dish and pours assorted cookies from her bag, then looks around to make sure everyone's OK and grabs a cup of white tea for herself.

She takes a sip, and then takes a look at the latest drawings.

"Interesting turn of events," she smiles. "Let's see what I can do to continue..."

She drinks her tea slowly while she thinks, then an idea comes to her. Smiling, she grabs a sheet of paper and a black marker, and draws a 4-panel strip.

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sprocketsdance

"You know.. I think I've got something!" Wuffn exclaims from the table, holding up her pencil in triumph.

"Augustus!"

ooklah

"Clearly, this was the only option." Ooklah sips some tea and gags, forgetting he can't drink tea without gagging.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Mel Dragonkitty

Thinking the game looked a bit lonely a large white dragon swooped down and gave it a hug.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

WhiteFox

Renard LeBlanc took his seat at the table, and set his contribution forth.

Doodle Adventure #J
([Edit]Changed img tag to a link. Ack, misplaced a comma. Oh well.)

"What a novel idea," he said, sipping earl grey tea from his shrouded cup. "If even half so delightful as your CCC project, Gabi, this story shall be twice worth participating in as not." He took a scoop of sugar out of the tea with a runcible spoon, and stirred it lightly.

(OOC: This space intentionally left blank.)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...