Cubi-Dragon War speculation.

Started by Les, February 15, 2010, 10:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 23, 2010, 06:11:15 PM
Alternatively, the cubi was a whole lot LESS passive about leeching magic from Dragons, and took it by force instead, thus using Dragon-feeding as a shortcut to tri-wing status.

Not all Cubi are nice after all.

Noted, but Tri-Wing ascension is very mysterious voodoo, nobody knows of any one guaranteed successful method.. if Cubi were actively schlurping power off the dragons and there were butt-wings sprouting all over I'd think someone would connect the dots.

EDIT:  Though Amber did mention that at one point it was like someone 'turned off the tap' and then it suddenly got much harder to become Tri-Wing.. that to me suggests Cubi were at one point tapping into some greater font of energy that was suddenly cut-off..  My theory is that this 'font' was either always controlled by the Dragons who suddenly revoked the Cubi siphoning privileges or the Dragons were covetous of it and cut the Cubi off once they seized it.. and then started playing the game of Genocide to make sure no Cubi could usurp their control.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Les on February 23, 2010, 06:21:39 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 23, 2010, 06:11:15 PM
Alternatively, the cubi was a whole lot LESS passive about leeching magic from Dragons, and took it by force instead, thus using Dragon-feeding as a shortcut to tri-wing status.

Not all Cubi are nice after all.

Noted, but Tri-Wing ascension is very mysterious voodoo, nobody knows of any one guaranteed successful method.. if Cubi were actively schlurping power off the dragons and there were butt-wings sprouting all over I'd think someone would connect the dots.

EDIT:  Though Amber did mention that at one point it was like someone 'turned off the tap' and then it suddenly got much harder to become Tri-Wing.. that to me suggests Cubi were at one point tapping into some greater font of energy that was suddenly cut-off..  My theory is that this 'font' was either always controlled by the Dragons who suddenly revoked the Cubi siphoning privileges or the Dragons were covetous of it and cut the Cubi off once they seized it.. and then started playing the game of Genocide to make sure no Cubi could usurp their control.

What we do know, is that it requires a lot of magical energy, so it would be quicker to assimilate a few high powered creatures than having to "eat" a thousand lesser beings. Say .. a few dragons.

As for the "turning off the tap", if Cubi and dragons used to hang out together and then stopped doing so (dragon/cubi war) that could certainly explain a sharp drop in magic available to Cubi in general.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 23, 2010, 03:26:53 PM
Many muffins were assasinated by unknown third party, sending many high powered Dragons into a RAGE !!!

In totally unrelated news, Fa'Lina seems to have gained weight lately.  :D

Don't let her hear you say that, you may go extinct. :doommuffin :explosion
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anker Steadfast

One can only hope she'd be lenient, besides, in my defense she's gained that weight in all the RIGHT places. :)

Tiger_T

:shapeshifters

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2010, 08:04:37 PM
Quote from: Shachza on February 21, 2010, 07:25:48 PM
Do we have a rough date for the dragon-cubi war?  That's the first thing I'm interested in.

IIRC it was at its height during the founding of SAIA, about 7000 years ago.  I seem to recall that it was described as ending a couple of thousand years ago but I can't remember where now, and unless it's actually in the comic it probably doesn't count as canon.

EDIT:

Okay, citation.  Fa'Lina's cast page.

Fa'Lina returned along with a promise of a sanctuary for Cubi from the ongoing war.
... Thousands of years later, long after the war had ended, SAIA is now considered the place where all clans send their children by default.
As I read it, the defining point of the war's end here is 'long'... and that could mean anything from a few decades to some milennia.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

MT Hazard

I'm beginning to wonder if the blue feather of Dest's that Pyroduck keeps in his hair is some for projection from Dest's plan for dragon kind.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tiger_T on February 24, 2010, 04:30:38 PM
As I read it, the defining point of the war's end here is 'long'... and that could mean anything from a few decades to some milennia.
It's got to be at least centuries.   When we're talking on a timescale of thousands of years, decades are basically rounding error.  Heck, you could have had a ceasefire for decades before the war resumed in earnest.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tiger_T on February 24, 2010, 04:30:38 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 24, 2010, 09:19:53 AMOne can only hope she'd be lenient, besides, in my defense she's gained that weight in all the RIGHT places. :)
:shapeshifters

They are - But Fa'Lina specifically mentions that her sensous body is not due to shifting.
I guess that means that she got her good looks the old fashioned way.

Y'know .. muffins!

I'm having a hard time seeing her in a training center though. :D

Bjalf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 26, 2010, 03:12:58 PM
They are - But Fa'Lina specifically mentions that her sensous body is not due to shifting.
I guess that means that she got her good looks the old fashioned way.

Y'know .. muffins!

I'm having a hard time seeing her in a training center though. :D

Well, she only mentions the "girls". And who the heck is Mixie?

And as for the training center: Oh gods, the horror!   :erk

terrycloth

The Cubi Dragon war started because Fa'lina had a boon from Mab. She didn't like the race being so divided, so she wished there were fewer clans. :mowtongue