[CVRPG Notice] - Okay people, don't let me forget!

Started by Darkmoon, February 18, 2010, 06:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

I need to remember to do a special comic for #1245, as well as one for #1250.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

...alright.

Don't forget to do a special comic for #1245 and #1250.

bradypodidae

so, are we suppose to 'bump' this every time it gets knocked down the list?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

I just want to make sure other people are thinking about this... like if I post up a #1245 that isn't special... someone say something so I know to make the right #1245 and renumber the "old" one.

Mao

Still a ways to go, just thought I'd bring this to your attention again.

Darkmoon

Yeah. Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for #1250. I really want to try and find something new to do for the celebration.

• #100: Not even mentioned. Just a special title on the comic.
  • #200: Non-canon Supplemental
  • #312: Non-canon Supplemental
  • #400: Non-canon Supplemental
  • #500: Play on reality shows (Intervention)
  • #600: Play on reality shows (The Bachelor)
  • #700: Was supposed to be a play on Reality shows (What Not to Wear), but Mab wasn't able to get art for it in time.
  • #800: A lead up to comic #1000
  • #900: New character introduction
  • #1000: Super Huge Blowout

I feel like I should do something fairly special, since it has been 250 since my last milestone, but on the flip I don't want to do anything as big as Comic 1000. I mean, 1000 is a huge deal. I'll probably do something equally huge (or even bigger) for 2000, but for 1250... I don't really know yet.

Thoughts?

Mao

Thanks for reading speeches from the cast?  Each with their own take on things so far?  Maybe just one or two members pending on how much writing you're comfortable with.

bradypodidae

The cast has a celebratory party or dinner that goes horribly, horribly, well... you know, CVRPG-ish.

Link and Princess "after hours" in non-canon discussion of the comic/another character/you...

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Seth C Triggs

Digression from the heat of action for Katrina to get asked out on a date. LOL...

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Mao

Reminder bump.  34 and 39 more comics to go for the land marks that you wanted to be reminded of. :D

Darkmoon

Yeah, I'm still digging on the idea of CVRPG After Dark, although I don't know what I'd do for the idea...

Also, I think Mab is too busy to help, so if I wanted to include non-sprite art, I'd have to find someone else to do it... any suggestions?

Mao

I have to say I like the character exposition (CVRPG After Dark) idea quite a bit.  The actors explaining their view of the mastermind's story.

That's right.  I called you a mastermind.  Bask in it.

As for the art:  I'd offer, but artwise I'm damn unreliable and I'd feel bad if I missed it. :/  As for asking around, most of the artists I know who read your work, you already know too in some fashion. XD

Darkmoon

Really, if I did CVRPG After Dark, I'd want Succubus to host. I'd just need one "hostess" style shot, sorta like she looked in Castlevania Intervention. Also... she could be topless, if that's incentive. Technically, she's supposed to be topless unless she's off duty, Mab just decided to cover her bewbs the last time she was drawn.

If you wanna take a crack at it, go for it. We've got time for you to submit something, for me to say it's awful, and for us to have a giant fight on the forum. ;)

Mao

Aww, but I'm so busy fighting everyone *else* on the forums.  Do I really have to add you to that list?

bradypodidae

I picked up an extra case of popcorn to watch Mao et al on "AS2#95 Wow," should be enough left over for here...

Sorry, Darkmoon, I have no art talent and like Mao said earlier, anyone I could direct you to you probably already know.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Mao

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on March 29, 2010, 10:39:15 PM
I picked up an extra case of popcorn to watch Mao et al on "AS2#95 Wow," should be enough left over for here...

Sorry, Darkmoon, I have no art talent and like Mao said earlier, anyone I could direct you to you probably already know.

Hehe, am I really so amusing?  I'm glad to see it.  Though I have to say that as the night wears on I feel my posts are getting weaker and shoddier.  Toss on the fact that I have to keep repeating myself and it gets tiresome I'm sure I'll be reduced to just image spamming the thread at some point. XP

Anyway, back on topic I can try and do some art but as it is: 1) As I said I'm not really reliable.  I wait for inspiration and if nothing comes we're S.O.L. 2) I've got a lot of other stuff on my plate right now and given how fast you update, I'm not sure I could make it in time without sacrificing one of them.  3)  I don't really feel that my art is quite ready for that level of showtime just yet, so to speak.  I'm flattered if people think so, but it's not something I agree with in any real sense.

Darkmoon

Well, you know, if you do the math, and you could figure out exactly when #1250 will go up...

Mao

No.  That's math work.  I do that all day at my office.  I'm not doing it from the comfort of my own home.

llearch n'n'daCorna

How about if someone else does the math for you?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Destina Faroda

Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Yeah. I've been thinking hard on this one. I'm contemplating some kind of reunion thing... maybe something that would look good on a T-shirt... hrmmm...

Darkmoon

*plots plots* I think I have the idea for #1245 established. Just have to draw it. Ideally, it'll give material for at least 1630 as well... although I really don't know what I'll do for the next one after that...

bradypodidae

So, tomorrow is the big unveiling of comic #1245. :popcorn

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Actually, the art is taking a while to do. I'm doing a 1/2 comic tomorrow, and then putting out 1245 on Monday, when I have time to work through it.

bradypodidae

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Sadly, artwork takes time, and I suck at artwork... so it takes longer.

Mao