02/15/10 [Clans #8] - Dimanika the... weird

Started by Sind, February 15, 2010, 04:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scow2

So, does this clan like hanging around people while they are watching Lost?

entropicage

Quote from: Scow2 on February 15, 2010, 09:08:02 PM
So, does this clan like hanging around people while they are watching Lost?
Darnit! You made me spew Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard!  :milklaugh

Angel

I think this is my favorite clan so far. Partly because the founder is a mousey. :3

Quote from: Caswin on February 15, 2010, 08:49:11 PM
Oh, I like this one. (Commentary from a friend of mine on the off chance of an encounter with an adventurer: "I am here to stop your evil ways!" "Oh, okay. But first, would you like to buy some butter?  It's delicious and buttery!  It's butterlicious!" "...?")

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I think my mouth is stuck in perma-laugh now. Thanks a lot, Caswin. XP
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Arcblade

She very much looks like the embodiment of confusion.  Also, that is a crazy tail. 

Quote from: Caswin on February 15, 2010, 08:49:11 PM
Oh, I like this one. (Commentary from a friend of mine on the off chance of an encounter with an adventurer: "I am here to stop your evil ways!" "Oh, okay. But first, would you like to buy some butter?  It's delicious and buttery!  It's butterlicious!" "...?")

That wasn't a certain Benji, was it? 

Amberbydreams

Okay. Time for me to stop lurking w/out being a member and actually comment.

I love this Clan sooo much!  :boogie

...I think I know why Alice dreamt of Wonderland now...

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Amberbydreams on February 15, 2010, 10:31:47 PM
Okay. Time for me to stop lurking w/out being a member and actually comment.

I love this Clan sooo much!  :boogie

...I think I know why Alice dreamt of Wonderland now...

OMG!! XD A DMFA cast "Alice in Wonderland" pic would be awesome!!  >:3

Amberbydreams

Twist

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 15, 2010, 05:40:32 PM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_013.php
"I mean...you've seen him, right? The wings. The eyes. He looks just like them!"

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_021.php
"It has been two thousand years since there has been a student with such a combination of wings and eyes at this academy."

Go go gadget Forumite Wild Theory Machine!

I think you are on to something because you can't see Diminikas eyes in the picture.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 15, 2010, 05:54:28 PM
That had me buying into it at first, but, while the colours are startlingly similar and we can't see her eyes, the wing structure is different.  Abel has a mix of Angel and Demon wings.  Dimanika has Angel wings, albeit with a similar colour scheme to Abel's and similar fur colouring to Siar.

You seem to be right about the wing structure though :(

Amber Williams

Quote from: Twist on February 16, 2010, 12:49:05 AM
"I mean...you've seen him, right? The wings. The eyes. He looks just like them!"

"It has been two thousand years since there has been a student with such a combination of wings and eyes at this academy."

I think you are on to something because you can't see Diminikas eyes in the picture.

Normally I like to let you guys rumour and speculate, but I figure I'll clear this one up.
Originally in Dimanika's proto-design she was going to have a mythos-like head for a tail...but I later swapped it for a hand. The hand then was originally going to have eyes on it along with going up the tail...but it looked pretty dumb-tarded.  So her final design was a bit more laid back.  The reason her eyes are covered isn't cause of anything spectacular, it was just that it was designed back when her eyes were originally going to be in her hand and in her tail.  When I scrapped the tail, I kept the hair the same cause I liked it.

If anything, I have no doubt Dimanika is the type of character who would always have something different hiding under there depending on who looked.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 16, 2010, 01:05:50 AM
Normally I like to let you guys rumour and speculate, but I figure I'll clear this one up.
Originally in Dimanika's proto-design she was going to have a mythos-like head for a tail...but I later swapped it for a hand. The hand then was originally going to have eyes on it along with going up the tail...but it looked pretty dumb-tarded.  So her final design was a bit more laid back.  The reason her eyes are covered isn't cause of anything spectacular, it was just that it was designed back when her eyes were originally going to be in her hand and in her tail.  When I scrapped the tail, I kept the hair the same cause I liked it.

If anything, I have no doubt Dimanika is the type of character who would always have something different hiding under there depending on who looked.

Well I must say, I personally like her final design. Now while eyes along the tail would have been very unusual looking, it also might have been creepy; which could kind of clash with the Kish'Ta clan, since fear is their scene.  :3

Quote from: Amberbydreams on February 16, 2010, 12:41:33 AM
8D
Abel should be the Cheshire Cat!

Indeed! XD And I don't know why, but I totally see Wildy as the Mad Hatter for some reason........  >:3

entropicage

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 16, 2010, 02:00:47 AM
8D

Indeed! XD And I don't know why, but I totally see Wildy as the Mad Hatter for some reason........  >:3

But which of the mice/rats will be the dormouse? Oh! Or maybe that should be Jyrras?

Tapewolf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 15, 2010, 09:06:38 PM
I agree, the details of how each Clan leader ascended are unclear. She very well may have had a change of heart. However, if a clan leader killed people (what's more for power) only to forbid it later on, isn't that being a hypocrite? Meh, I say let's just drop the subject for now. I have a feeling in the near future more details about the Cubi leaders will be revealed.

Sorry, but I'm not sure I can agree with that assertion unconditionally.  Everyone has done something that they regret later and I'm not sure that genuine repentance should count as hypocrisy.  However, as you say, we don't really know what happened there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

iceick

8D

No, Dan is the Mad Hatter, Wildy is more like the Queen of Hearts.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: iceick on February 16, 2010, 05:01:21 AM
8D

Hah, Dan is definately the Mad Hatter. :D

I think Dimanika is the Chessire Cat though, just look at that smile of hers in comic 1070 .. it's spot on. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

entropicage

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 16, 2010, 06:20:10 AM

Hah, Dan is definately the Mad Hatter. :D

I think Dimanika is the Chessire Cat though, just look at that smile of hers in comic 1070 .. it's spot on. :)

That's not necessarily Dimanika herself, it just says that it's a member of CLAN Dimanika.

Sind

Quote from: FSharp on February 15, 2010, 06:13:07 PM
Neat. So I'm guessing in 1070 & 1071 that's actually Dimanika's living shadow?

That would be possible, although the "shadows" in those pages have white spots for teeth and eyes
Maybe they change the color of their shadows too? =/

I'll also add that I like the final version of Dimanika, eyes on her tail would look more spooky than confusing.

Edit: I just noticed I had written her name with a C in in the thread title. Fix'd

AmigaDragon

That doesn't have to be shadows, it could be silhouette from being back-lit.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

jeffh4

Well, at least this clears up something that was confusing in comic 1071 "It was to Dimanika's delight that Fa'Lina chose not to kill one of his children in return." 
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1071.php

Why was this delightful to her? Because it would promote confusion, of course!

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on February 16, 2010, 03:48:56 PM

Or, because they're mostly pacifistic...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Hah, Dan is definitely the Mad Hatter. :D

Granted the grin is spot on, I was thinking more of the "Main DMFA Cast" only in the Wonderland thingy........if we brought in so many random people we don't know or aren't familiar with, then we'd have questions/comments as to: "I don't recognize that person.....when was he/she seen?", "Where's [Random Main Character]? Isn't he/she in the comic? Why isn't he/she a Wonderland character?" Plus I think it'd be more entertaining, if the Main Cast was just involved, since they all have established connections with each other, rather than creating a new connection with an unfamiliar character.  :3

Quote from: iceick on February 16, 2010, 05:01:21 AM

And I agree Wildy, would make a great Queen of Hearts! XD Oh, why didn't I think of that?! Oh, but who would Alexsi be? Isn't she scary, too?  >:3

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2010, 03:53:58 PM

I say both because confusing as to why no revenge from Fa'Lina and that they like the "No Violence" thing. So two hits with one stone!! X3

A. Lurker

I'm actually not as familiar with Alice in Wonderland as I probably should be...but for some reason, I wonder if the Queen of Hearts shouldn't be Kria. >3

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: A. Lurker on February 16, 2010, 04:23:43 PM
I'm actually not as familiar with Alice in Wonderland as I probably should be...but for some reason, I wonder if the Queen of Hearts shouldn't be Kria. >3

You aren't just saying that because she has red hair and has been seen wearing red before are you.......  :3

Caswin

Quote from: Arcblade on February 15, 2010, 09:50:50 PMThat wasn't a certain Benji, was it?
Indeedy do.
I'm not sure where I picked that up.
That sounds right.  And with this word on the clan's reputation, I am significantly less creeped out by that particular succubus than I was before now that I realize those aren't supposed to be irises. (I hope.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Twist

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 16, 2010, 01:05:50 AM
Quote from: Twist on February 16, 2010, 12:49:05 AM

I think shes probably quite a bit cuter this way.

Yay for fo-incidence.

Cogidubnus

Oh dear. A clan of Zen.

Clodpool spake: "Master, what is the difference between a humanistic, monastic system of belief in which wisdom is sought by means of an apparently nonsensical system of questions and answers, and a lot of gibberish made up on the spur of the moment?"

Wen considered this for some time, and at last said: "A fish!"
And Clodpool went away, satisfied.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 16, 2010, 07:03:01 PMWen considered this for some time, and at last said: "A fish!"

A swordfish even, which means that one plus one is possible.
And if someone ever reads this, without reading the comic, they are going to be very, very confused!

:D

On a sidenote, Alexi would totally be Alice herself ... with an attitude change in Alexi's favor.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Alondro

*Charline looks at Dimanika's outfit and can't help herself..*  Mooooon Prism Powwwerrrrr!   :giggle

But really, a Cubi clan considering killing contentious?  Codswallop! 

Alice in DMFA... curiouser and curiouser.   Dr. Ink would make a great Mad Hatter.  After all, he's nuts as it is!  ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Keleth

Quote from: Alondro on February 16, 2010, 11:09:40 PM
*Charline looks at Dimanika's outfit and can't help herself..*  Mooooon Prism Powwwerrrrr!   :giggle

But really, a Cubi clan considering killing contentious?  Codswallop! 

Alice in DMFA... curiouser and curiouser.   Dr. Ink would make a great Mad Hatter.  After all, he's nuts as it is!  ;)

Said teapot to kettle.
Help! I'm gay!

jeffh4

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2010, 03:53:58 PM

If that were the case, they would have not given the 5 children to incensed individuals.  Four of these parties presumably killed said children in unspeakable ways.  The Dimanika clan passed up their opportunity for a peaceful solution such as the one Fa'Lina chose.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 16, 2010, 07:25:49 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 16, 2010, 07:03:01 PMWen considered this for some time, and at last said: "A fish!"

A swordfish even, which means that one plus one is possible.
And if someone ever reads this, without reading the comic, they are going to be very, very confused!
Look up the source material.  It's from Terry Pratchett's novel Thief of Time.  Any of his books are a good read, especially the Discworld series.  Just pick up any of his books and be humored in the satire.

Are you sure Dimanika is a mouse?  She looks more like a ferret to me :/
*goes to look at Amber's FA page*
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?