02/12/10 [Clans #6] - Zezzuva of "Here's a llama there's a llama"

Started by Feather Dancer, February 12, 2010, 04:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh4

Quote from: Jasonrevall on February 12, 2010, 11:37:17 AM
What if to go along with their quark one twin is of the mother's clan and one is of the father's clan? Also that dress reminds me of doilies.
So that makes her the Doily Llama?

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on February 12, 2010, 03:25:37 PM
tastes like.....

payback for sibling rivalry!

Consigning someone to oblivion and unmaking their soul because they stole your doll as a kid strikes me as a little disproportionate.

But in all seriousness, it was probably more like a medieval monarchy, where the princes and their uncles are all scheming to kill each other for the throne.

I do still have to wonder if Zezzuva made a better ruler than her ex-sister did, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

jeffh4

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2010, 03:31:57 PM
tastes like.....

Consigning someone to oblivion and unmaking their soul because they stole your doll as a kid strikes me as a little disproportionate.

Ha! Spoken like an only child!   :mowtongue

ChaosMageX

Quote from: jeffh4 on February 12, 2010, 04:04:33 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2010, 03:31:57 PM
tastes like.....

Ha! Spoken like an only child!   :mowtongue

Exactly!  I have a brother and sometimes the things he's done has made me think about doing horrible things to him, if only for a moment before forgiving him.

Trust me, most people who don't get along well with their sibling have had these sorts of inclinations at one point or another, and with the power that comes with being a cubi, all it takes is a little impulsiveness to fulfill one of these hateful fantasies.

And Tapewolf, I do recall at least one of your characters eating another cubi's soul, and I'm not sure how many others have done it, as I'd have to read through CJP and I just don't have the time right now.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 12, 2010, 04:14:06 PM
Trust me, most people who don't get along well with their sibling have had these sorts of inclinations at one point or another, and with the power that comes with being a cubi, all it takes is a little impulsiveness to fulfill one of these hateful fantasies.

While I did do several things that could easily have killed my brother, I have to wonder - are we the only siblings to have had that as a phase we grew out of?  :B

Someone in their teens or twenties isn't going to be able to do soul-stealing anyway...

Frankly I'd be surprised if it was a spur-of-the-moment thing.  The implication is that her sister was a Tri-wing.  That would imply some serious premeditation and plotting on Zez' part.  (IMHO "Hey, he's immortal!  Let's see if I can kill him and steal his soul!" is something that only happens in videogames, where losing the fight isn't going to cost you your afterlife.)

QuoteAnd Tapewolf, I do recall at least one of your characters eating another cubi's soul, and I'm not sure how many others have done it, as I'd have to read through CJP and I just don't have the time right now.
Actually, Jakob was at one time suspected of eating Daryil.  Daryil did eat someone.  I can't remember any other examples though.  And I'm not sure this is really the place.

jeffh4

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2010, 04:41:36 PM
Frankly I'd be surprised if it was a spur-of-the-moment thing.  The implication is that her sister was a Tri-wing.  
That's interesting because I read it the opposite way.  Neither were tri-wings and Zezzuva did the act in part to get enough power/influence/ju-ju bees to ascend to tri-wing status.

Ambition = Priority #1 for this lady.

It's been remarked on before how Amber has left it intentionally murky regarding exactly how a Cubi attains tri-wing status.  If I recall right, this was because she doesn't want to bind her hands, story-wise, if/when this becomes a story point later on.

We can theorize some more based on this new albeit vague info, but my money still is on ju-ju bees.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on February 12, 2010, 06:03:03 PM
That's interesting because I read it the opposite way.  Neither were tri-wings and Zezzuva did the act in part to get enough power/influence/ju-ju bees to ascend to tri-wing status.

Yesss, but I don't think killing one 'Cubi is going to cut the mustard.  AFAIK it takes a lot of energy to do that (which only makes sense from a writing PoV - you don't want near-divine power to grow on trees).

Point is, I read it that Zezz was either almost powerful enough before, and her sis pushed her over the barrier, or her sister (who ruled the clan) was a tri-wing and therefore had enough energy to enable the transition practically from scratch (depending on how efficient the soul-stealing process is in terms of energy loss).

Les

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2010, 06:09:54 PM
Point is, I read it that Zezz was either almost powerful enough before, and her sis pushed her over the barrier, or her sister (who ruled the clan) was a tri-wing and therefore had enough energy to enable the transition practically from scratch (depending on how efficient the soul-stealing process is in terms of energy loss).

Or perhaps both.  A Tri-Wing is implied to be a fearsome power in their own right and thus would be difficult for any average Cubi to take down, and it's further implied that all the clan Leaders (capital 'L') are Tri-wings.. just that not all the current clans Have Leaders, though they may still have a leader (small 'l') in as much as someone who sets policy and the general direction for the clan but this is nothing like the relationship a clan has to a true Tri-Wing founder.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

OminousShadow

Seesh. Devouring her own sisters soul to become Tri-Wing and have control of the clan? Almost sounds like those stories you hear of medieval times where siblings of some kind of high status, usually royalty, would kill each other in order to be the one that gets control of the kingdom. Only in this case, its control of the clan.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

jeffh4

Quote from: OminousShadow on February 12, 2010, 06:37:24 PM
Seesh. Devouring her own sisters soul to become Tri-Wing and have control of the clan? Almost sounds like those stories you hear of medieval times where siblings of some kind of high status, usually royalty, would kill each other in order to be the one that gets control of the kingdom. Only in this case, its control of the clan.
Yep. This is a trope, all right. What social norms are you willing to break in your all-important lust for power?  Family, friends, mentor, etc. etc.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Les on February 12, 2010, 06:32:19 PM
Or perhaps both.  A Tri-Wing is implied to be a fearsome power in their own right and thus would be difficult for any average Cubi to take down, and it's further implied that all the clan Leaders (capital 'L') are Tri-wings.. just that not all the current clans Have Leaders, though they may still have a leader (small 'l') in as much as someone who sets policy and the general direction for the clan but this is nothing like the relationship a clan has to a true Tri-Wing founder.

I do find it interesting that people keep mixing Clan Founder with Clan Leader and with Tri-Wing.

All three are different, although at times it will be all of them in one person, from what I understand...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Les

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 12, 2010, 07:43:36 PM

I do find it interesting that people keep mixing Clan Founder with Clan Leader and with Tri-Wing.

All three are different, although at times it will be all of them in one person, from what I understand...

I dunno about Founder and Leader being different when said Leader is a Tri-Wing.  It seems when a Cubi ascends to Tri-Wing status as part of assuming leadership of a Clan they re-make the clan in their own image, essentially 're-founding' the clan.  When Zezzuva killed her sister and assumed leadership after her ascension from consuming her Sister's soul  she didn't so much as take-over Clan [Insert Zezzuva's sister's name] as she extinguished clan [Insert Zezzuva's sister's name] and founded Clan Zezzuva all in one stroke.

Lucheek

Scarydragon

A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Drayco84

Man, I know my sister and I had fights when we were little... (Sometimes involving sticks and once with wooden swords!) Amazingly enough, though, we haven't killed each other yet. (Keyword there, despite that fact that I'm 25 and she's 3 1/2 years younger than me. She's threatened to many times, however.) 

But, the whole concept sounds an awful lot like the plot behind Princess Resurrection, where all the siblings of the Royal Family kill each other before they mature. (Because once they do, all fights from then on will be one-sided. I won't say why due to massive spoilers.)

And yes... Animaniacs... Three siblings who have no sane enemies... One of may all-time favorite shows...

Twist

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 12, 2010, 04:43:49 AM
However, I think it's kinda unfair that the clan can only mate with other cubi. I mean what if the clan they mate with is stronger and the result is more of theirs spouse's clan. So what do they do, pick and find the weaker clans in order to gain more clan members? I guess that's why the twin thing is a bonus, since it compensates that fact........

I find the termenology "permitted" interesting there.  I wonder how they enforce such things.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Les on February 12, 2010, 08:05:31 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 12, 2010, 07:43:36 PM

I dunno about Founder and Leader being different when said Leader is a Tri-Wing.  It seems when a Cubi ascends to Tri-Wing status as part of assuming leadership of a Clan they re-make the clan in their own image, essentially 're-founding' the clan.  When Zezzuva killed her sister and assumed leadership after her ascension from consuming her Sister's soul  she didn't so much as take-over Clan [Insert Zezzuva's sister's name] as she extinguished clan [Insert Zezzuva's sister's name] and founded Clan Zezzuva all in one stroke.

A clan is founded by whoever founds it, whether they still live or not, whether they still are clan leader or not.
A clan is lead by whoever is currently in charge (which appears to include some rather heavy metaphysical weight)
It has been stated that having the heads on tentacles is a feature available only to 'cubi whose clan leader is tri-wing, with implications that there are clan leaders who are not tri-wing (or that there are disclanned 'cubi)

That last one leads to an interesting question; being the last of his clan(until Abel was born), does that technically make Aniz the clan leader, or is the clan now leaderless pending some sort of metaphysical event?
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Les

Re: Aniz

My take on it is this.. Aniz is currently the default leader of clan Siar.  If he ascends to Tri-Wing status (which may or may not be part of his ultimate goals now) while still in that position he will effectively found Clan Aniz using his 'inheritance' from former clan Siar as a base.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Twist on February 12, 2010, 10:42:31 PM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 12, 2010, 04:43:49 AM
However, I think it's kinda unfair that the clan can only mate with other cubi. I mean what if the clan they mate with is stronger and the result is more of theirs spouse's clan. So what do they do, pick and find the weaker clans in order to gain more clan members? I guess that's why the twin thing is a bonus, since it compensates that fact........

I find the termenology "permitted" interesting there.  I wonder how they enforce such things.

Maybe she threatens to eat them like she did with her sister......... >:3

"Mate only with cubi or I get to eat you!!"  :mwaha Yeah, that reeeeeaaaly makes me want to go have kids.................not!  :P

!KCA

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 13, 2010, 03:14:49 AM
"Mate only with cubi or I get to eat you!!"

What? I interpreted it as forbidding mating between Zezzuva Clan cubi. Why prevent them from screwing around with non-cubi?

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: !KCA on February 13, 2010, 03:26:48 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 13, 2010, 03:14:49 AM
"Mate only with cubi or I get to eat you!!"

What? I interpreted it as forbidding mating between Zezzuva Clan cubi. Why prevent them from screwing around with non-cubi?

Probably because Zezzuva herself is racist.......... >:3 Look out Dan you have competition in that regard! lol  :lol

Castle Pokemetroid

Well, I think a sibling killing clan leader is better than a Hitler like clan leader.

Now that would be some serious racism on a wide magical scale.

Anri

Kirishala

Quote from: Anri on February 13, 2010, 04:27:33 AM
Paging Mr. Goodwin. Mr. Goodwin.
Sorry, not finding a Mr Goodwin, there is a Mr Godwin who seems to be interested though  :mowtongue

Techcubi

So, what do you think would happen if one of the clan members DID decide try to have kids, with someone isn't a cubi?

Twist

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on February 13, 2010, 03:58:21 AM
Well, I think a sibling killing clan leader is better than a Hitler like clan leader.

Now that would be some serious racism on a wide magical scale.

It's not that far fetched, Destina is openly genocidal towards dragons although shes not the clan leader, we don't know how Cyra feels about it but she seems to be in hiding, and the whole dragon-cubi war seems to have revolved round the attempted extinction of the cubi, so there are probably others with a bad grudge.

Anri

Quote from: Kirishala on February 13, 2010, 07:58:30 AM
Quote from: Anri on February 13, 2010, 04:27:33 AM
Paging Mr. Goodwin. Mr. Goodwin.
Sorry, not finding a Mr Goodwin, there is a Mr Godwin who seems to be interested though  :mowtongue

oops. Silly things is I know better too. Guess that's what I guet for middle of the night posting.  :<

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Techcubi on February 13, 2010, 09:16:30 AM
So, what do you think would happen if one of the clan members DID decide try to have kids, with someone isn't a cubi?

They would probably have to be all secretive and go into hiding. If Zezzuva ate her sister because she was jealous of her; who knows what she would do if you broke "Mate with cubi only" rule......... *shudders* now that's scary to think about! 'A'

Madd the Sane

Umm, they wouldn't have kids? :P It's probably a magic-genetic thing.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Madd the Sane on February 13, 2010, 11:14:00 AM
Umm, they wouldn't have kids? :P It's probably a magic-genetic thing.

That could be true, too. We don't really know much about the mating rituals of cubi. Dan unfortunately put a stop to that one! XD http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_489.php