02/04/10 [CVRPG News] - New Beta Section: Behind the Scenes

Started by Darkmoon, February 04, 2010, 09:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Take a look and tell me what you think. I'm working on adding another page or two yet.

http://cvrpg.com/main.php?page=behind
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Once it's working, I'll post here to make sure you guys know.

Oh, and welcome to my secret stash!

Darkmoon

Mao

Gabi

Wow, you've led quite an interesting life. I'm just curious, though... who are you planning to buy the moon from? As far as I know, it doesn't have an owner.

I like the character's details too. I'd read the rest, but I don't have much time right now.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bradypodidae

"What is it, Darkmoon? Lassie fell into the river? Again?"

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 05, 2010, 07:04:23 AM
Heh, the bio was a riot. XD

Yeah, well... It seems like people are supposed to have "bios"... but I just can't write one with a straight face.

Same thing with holiday letters. My mom wants us to help contribute to the big family holiday letter every year, and I can't help but want to write a bio about "Mike and Amber Finkelstein: International Assassins".

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Honestly.. so would I.  Actually, I'd love to see you and Amber(Damaris) write your own versions separately, and see how it plays out.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on February 05, 2010, 12:05:57 AM
Oh, so you caught that fact that the Author's Bio is completely fictitious, eh?

Wait... what... really? NUUUUU!

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 05, 2010, 10:41:43 AM
Honestly.. so would I.  Actually, I'd love to see you and Amber(Damaris) write your own versions separately, and see how it plays out.

Maybe I'll post a version of it online come the Holiday season...

Mao

Hmm, unrelated note, I see that this position of "Embraced" we have is visible when we're in the other forums.  I suspect that isn't really intended, is it?

Also:  No hugs. >:[

Darkmoon

Do you need a hug? :(

Embraced is a user group, just like Ninja Warrior (for the admins). It's visable, but no one will have a clue what it means unless you tell them.

The first rule of being embraced is you don't talk about being embraced. The second rule about being embraced is you drink as much blood as you can...

Mao

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on February 05, 2010, 02:16:00 PM
Do you need a hug? :(

No. >:[

Embraced is a user group, just like Ninja Warrior (for the admins). It's visable, but no one will have a clue what it means unless you tell them.

I understand the concept of the user groups, but I had hoped it would be similar to how some of the sub-forums had a mod group that only applied to that particular sub-forum.  That said, I haven't looked at SMF in a while and don't remember the permission options.

The first rule of being embraced is you don't talk about being embraced. The second rule about being embraced is you drink as much blood as you can...

So, since this is like Fight Club, does that mean I can punch out all of their blood first, and then drink it? :eager

Darkmoon

Gabi

Funny, there's a certain board where the mod forum is named 'Fight Club'. It does have the same rule, which I'm technically not breaking as long as I don't say which board it is (everyone over there knows it exists anyway).
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 05, 2010, 02:42:59 PM
I understand the concept of the user groups, but I had hoped it would be similar to how some of the sub-forums had a mod group that only applied to that particular sub-forum.  That said, I haven't looked at SMF in a while and don't remember the permission options.

We can make it an invisible user group, but we can't make it only show up in this board, because of the way the groups are set up elsewhere.

The "invisibleness" is made by making it not your primary group. In which case you get the usual post-count based groups.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon