01/25/10 [Clans #4] - Two-Tailed Seme

Started by Lucheek, January 25, 2010, 09:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 25, 2010, 09:20:28 PM

Why? Because their leader was hooked up with Abel's clan leader? Or because they have affinity for despair? Or some other reason?

well ables clan is big on misery and Seme's clan is big on despair. seems like a match to me. those two are closely related after all... aren't they? 
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Feather Dancer

She is one very pretty two tailed strawberry leopard. Reminds me a little of Jessica Rabbit hair style wise, just you know, fluffier.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Les

Something that just occurred to me...  With the talk of how Tri-Wings are the most powerful and how only clan-leaders are tri-wings I'd gotten to assume that founding a clan was a pre-requisite for ascension to tri-wing status somehow.. then I got to thinking, maybe becoming a tri-wing isn't a natural by-product of founding a clan but founding a clan is a natural by-product of becoming a tri-wing.. even if it's a clan of One (like Fa'lina is currently.)
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Les on January 26, 2010, 04:09:59 AM
Something that just occurred to me...  With the talk of how Tri-Wings are the most powerful and how only clan-leaders are tri-wings I'd gotten to assume that founding a clan was a pre-requisite for ascension to tri-wing status somehow.. then I got to thinking, maybe becoming a tri-wing isn't a natural by-product of founding a clan but founding a clan is a natural by-product of becoming a tri-wing.. even if it's a clan of One (like Fa'lina is currently.)

It's really, really murky.  AFAIK you can have a clan with multiple tri-wings in it, though I'm a little stumped for a properly canon reference to that.
I'm sure I remember reading a fascinating discussion where it was implied that you could add a tri-wing to an existing clan after the fact, but I cannot find it.  However, while the act of ascension seems to be related to creating a new clan, it has been mentioned that it's possible to create (branch?) a clan without being Tri-winged.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

even if Fa`lina is the only one of her clan that doesn't mean she's a clan founder. i most cases it would mean she's last of her clan and  that she's strong enough to stand on her own after the founder / clan head was killed
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Les

I'm pretty sure Fa'Lina Was the leader (if not original founder) of her clan and is still currently a tri-wing (though she keeps the extra wings hidden.)  Then again it is canon that generally a clan takes the name of it's leader so in a way ascending to leadership in a current clan IS in a way 'founding' a clan even if it is merely by re-naming an older one.

Amber Williams

The thing to keep in mind is that there is no set in stone laws of science about how one goes about founding a Clan or attaining tri-wing status.  There is a standard method that is the most reliable, but in Cubi history there is a lot of room for variations and exceptions. 

And I fully admit I set it up that way because as things do become more solid, it is more than likely I am going to go back on stuff I previously had set down and revise things.  Already there are several things I probably mentioned a bit ago that have become outdated. 

One thing I will note is that the reference to multiple tri-wings in a clan and several other things are from a time way long ago when it was a lot easier to attain that level of power.  There aren't really a lot of Cubi or creatures around to remember it, but those that do would probably have considered it the golden age of Cubi.  It was a lot easier to get power, there were a lot more diverse clans and tri-wings.  Mink mentioned how there was once a lot of clan leaders.  However something happened that sort of turned off the easy-power switch and afterwards it has become a lot harder and harder to get to that level of power.  One could say that with each clan leader after that point, the bar got raised.

These days, the reason tri-wing is connected to clan founder is because there isn't really a way to get that level of power without a clan connection.  In the long-past it would have been easier...but these days it is much more difficult that the only Cubi who would want to get to that level of power are those who want to form a clan.  Which probably sounds odd because someone would say that why wouldn't every Cubi want to get tri-wings and get that much power?

But really. I've already given you guys more info than I should.  And odds are a year or two from now the info I have given will have shifted slightly.  So keep that in mind that even though I say something, it doesn't make it canonical until it hits the actual comic itself.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Speaking about questions, I'm wondering about the name change. Assuming all clans are still named after their clan leaders, does that mean, Seme wasn't always the leader? That brings up the question, who was Divallis and what happened to him? Also, how much litres of coffee were spent in the foreshadowing department while doing this one?

jeffh4

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 26, 2010, 10:08:37 AM
Speaking about questions, I'm wondering about the name change. Assuming all clans are still named after their clan leaders, does that mean, Seme wasn't always the leader? That brings up the question, who was Divallis and what happened to him? Also, how much litres of coffee were spent in the foreshadowing department while doing this one?
To answer your question: 7. 

It was 7 litres of Mountain Dew, actually.

Hope that clears things up.

Scrap Fish

...mmm...dew...

So, from the looks of it, creating a clan does not require tri-wingedness, but simply being a powerful leader. Since tris are considered more powerful, they then to become leaders.
Quote from: Amber Williams on January 26, 2010, 09:08:20 AM
However something happened that sort of turned off the easy-power switch and afterwards it has become a lot harder and harder to get to that level of power.  One could say that with each clan leader after that point, the bar got raised.
Dragon-Cubi war perchance? Using Aniz's clan as an example, I figure it's safe to bet that Cubi populations took a swan-dive at that point. Having smaller numbers would prevent all but the best having clans. (Can't have too many leaders when there's not many to lead.)
Speaking about questions, I'm wondering about the name change. Assuming all clans are still named after their clan leaders, does that mean, Seme wasn't always the leader? That brings up the question, who was Divallis and what happened to him?
Well, seeing it says it was a non-violent turnover, I can guess either Divallis died of age, (or general natural causes) gave up their position, or was persuaded to do so.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Scrap Fish on January 26, 2010, 10:39:29 AM
Dragon-Cubi war perchance?

Negative.

Speaking about questions...

Please keep in mind that one of the reasons I don't often come onto the forums is that whenever I do, people seem to take my showing up as a Q&A session. While I don't mind answering a rare occasional question, I don't really enjoy being poked for answers everytime I show up.

Turnsky

But really. I've already given you guys more info than I should.  And odds are a year or two from now the info I have given will have shifted slightly.  So keep that in mind that even though I say something, it doesn't make it canonical until it hits the actual comic itself.

it's not as if you came down from mount sinai with this just yet, after all. ;)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Scrap Fish

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Les

Well, we like your work Amber and we love the world you've built and would like to know more about it.  I can see why instant Q&A whenever you pop on the forum can get tiresome at times, but I'm curious as to why you seem so reluctant if not Antagonistic to sharing some of these details.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2010, 03:42:30 AM
Sweet that there seems to be a city where 'Cubi don't have to hide, though.

Unless perhaps you're from a rival clan.

On clan founders and leaders, I think you don't have to ascend to leadership. If still alive, I think Anus... I mean Aniz is his clan's leader but just because he was the only survivor and inherited the role. Every leader needs followers, thus we get Abel.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Amber Williams

Quote from: Les on January 26, 2010, 11:04:03 AM
Well, we like your work Amber and we love the world you've built and would like to know more about it.  I can see why instant Q&A whenever you pop on the forum can get tiresome at times, but I'm curious as to why you seem so reluctant if not Antagonistic to sharing some of these details.

Because some of them are things that will inevitably hit the comic itself. In that sense, answering the questions would be spoiling the comic.  I don't really answer things that will be probably mentioned in the comic in the foreseeable future because it then defeats the point of doing the actual comic if I am just telling people the plot.

Another issue is that the vast majority of people who read DMFA do not actually go to the forum. As such, I don't want to give away so much information that people who aren't in the forum groups are completely at a loss and thus when they show up...they get railed on for not having all sorts of inside information.

A third part is that as I mentioned, there are times when things shift...and I myself am not capable of keeping track of everything I have said...where as several people here are capable of archiving and bringing back things I have said from over 5 years ago to post them as truths when in reality I may have forgotten I said that and as such...things have shifted so it is no longer the case.  As such, I figure the worst thing I can do moreso than not give answers is to give ones that will possibly become wrong overtime.

It's for this reason that I try to avoid offering DMFA canon in regards to most fanfictional works because in many cases, people will be trying to stick close to a canon that is liable to shift on them as I adjust my own story.  I have found it better to be vague and let people be free to do their own things rather than to give them a precise answer they take as an absolute truth...only to become a bit upset when a comic shows up that completely smashes what I said prior.

Les

Well that does make sense, I just don't want you to think you're boring us when the comic itself gets exposition-y.

:mowcookie  MMmm, nummy exposition.   :mowcookie

Angel

Wow. Seme is really pretty. I mean, the way her hair is drawn is so soft, and she looks so sad, but in almost a movie-star pretty way. And her story is kind of sad, too. Makes me wonder why her emotional affinity is despair. If she's drawn to suffering, it explains why she was drawn to Siar in the first place, but ... hm. What are Cubi's reactions to their own emotions?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

iceick

And I fully admit I set it up that way because as things do become more solid, it is more than likely I am going to go back on stuff I previously had set down and revise things.  Already there are several things I probably mentioned a bit ago that have become outdated. 

So does Amber write down all the rules, personalities, background info, etc. for herself somewhere or does she keep it all in her head (like me whenever I come up with a story idea) and tells us bit by bit what they are.

Starcat5

Quote from: Black_angel on January 26, 2010, 01:31:57 PM
What are Cubi's reactions to their own emotions?

Well, they can feed off their own emotions, but beyond that I'm not sure what you are asking.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

e_voyager

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 26, 2010, 10:47:15 AM

Please keep in mind that one of the reasons I don't often come onto the forums is that whenever I do, people seem to take my showing up as a Q&A session. While I don't mind answering a rare occasional question, I don't really enjoy being poked for answers everytime I show up.

i can understand those  feeling amber. most of use however eagerly await the  insights you provide into the world that you're created.  the world is not stuck in stasis it is living and changing everyday.

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 26, 2010, 10:47:15 AM

I'm aware this sounds lame now, but that question was more supposed to be general speculation. I assumed Divallis would be foreshadowing and hence didn't really expect the question to be answered. In any way, sorry for the unclear wording.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I'm just happy at the fact that there's female lovers!  :3 I feel bad for her though loosing her lover in all..... :cry She could use a hug and some of my freshly baked cookies!  :hug  And don't worry they are Mab Free! XD

Arcblade

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on January 26, 2010, 09:15:44 PM
I'm just happy at the fact that there's female lovers!  :3 I feel bad for her though loosing her lover in all..... :cry She could use a hug and some of my freshly baked cookies!  :hug  And don't worry they are Mab Free! XD

It's her brownies you have to worry about.  Her cookies were charcoal, as I recall.   >:3

Does anyone else suspect Dan may be one of the 'Cubi who feeds mainly on his own emotions?  For instance,  pain is an easy one, since Pip and Wildy always beat him up.  And he also gets a boost from "doing the right thing for the good of many" which sounds self-generated as well. 

Scuravolpe

I have one question...

How the fudge do you pronounce her name?

Seems minor I know...but I'm a stickler for the details like that. I've been saying it "Seem" so far, but as far as I know it could be "Same", "Say-May", "Semm-Ay"...and a few more awkward ones (at least to me).

So, anyone have any clarification on this? I'd like to know, and I'm sure it's occurred to others too.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, I still can't get over just how beautiful Seme is. She is just gorgeous. Really excellent work Amber! I'm sure the rest will just as impressive.

Lego3400

I'm more interested in the clan takeover thing. I doubt Amber is going to tell us so I'm more interested in hearing if anyone else has a theory.

Shachza

Quote from: Scuravolpe on January 26, 2010, 09:37:52 PM
I have one question...

How the fudge do you pronounce her name?

Seems minor I know...but I'm a stickler for the details like that. I've been saying it "Seem" so far, but as far as I know it could be "Same", "Say-May", "Semm-Ay"...and a few more awkward ones (at least to me).

So, anyone have any clarification on this? I'd like to know, and I'm sure it's occurred to others too.

I keep thinking it's "Seh-mee."

Crikey!  A wild Amber!  Get me hoop net out the box, we got us a hunt!  *stalks the Wiku*
            <-- #1 that is!

Arapaima

I prefer "seem" my self, probably because it sets up the most puns.

Someone will remember you, sometime.
Just try and sleep with the music on, all the time.
Well I'm sorry kid, tonight you sleep outside.

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Despair, eh?  Charles could provide her with plenty of emotional food.  Of course, one might wonder why Charles is always in despair...

*Charles*  Can never... ever... get away from Charline.   :<   :cry
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif