I'm just drinking

Started by Sid, July 25, 2006, 05:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid

Just a little oddity I found while browsing Dr. McNinja: http://www.imjustdrinking.com/
It's a Wiki that lists drinks based on webcomics. So Megatokyo for example has the "Megatokyo Tea" while Dominic Deegan has the "Seer's Brew" and "Crystal Ball".

I'm lacking experience with mixing and Wikis, so I'm doubly lost. There currently is no DMFA category, but it got me thinking: What possible drinks would be based on DMFA and what would they be made of? Alcoholic or non-alcoholic, whatever works. On the other hand, if discussion of alcoholic drinks isn't suitable for the PG Board, either keep it non-alcoholic (play it safe) or maybe move it to a higher-rated board (Outer Fortress or so). I just put it here because of the DMFA ties. Not sure how the rating affects this subject since you can buy books about drink mixing even as a minor from what I know (not verified, though).

Come on, what's in those unmarked cans Abel is getting from the vending machine?
What is really in Dr. Ink's tea (*shifty eyes*)?
What weird stuff do Fae come up with (they live long enough to test some odd mixes, I assume)?
Is there something like Muffin Tea ( :erk )?

Open discussion, let's see who's done some mixing and testing here :D
:boogie

Vidar

Quote from: Sid on July 25, 2006, 05:34:31 AMWhat possible drinks would be based on DMFA and what would they be made of? Alcoholic or non-alcoholic, whatever works.

Mabby Special: Spychotropic drugs, sugar, food coloring in equal parts. Serve by the pint-full.  :mowwink
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Darkmoon

Alcoholic discussion is fine here. It's not like you're TELLING the kids to drink.

Rowne

Ahh, psychotropic drugs, ever the fun way to spend an afternoon.

Harper: Ahh, so that's why the walls down here changed colour.

Netami

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 25, 2006, 07:54:45 AM
Alcoholic discussion is fine here. It's not like you're TELLING the kids to drink.

Hey kids, wanna be cool? ...

Sid

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 25, 2006, 07:54:45 AM

Ah, good. That had been my initial reasoning, too. :)

Quote from: Vidar on July 25, 2006, 05:52:42 AM
Mabby Special: Spychotropic drugs, sugar, food coloring in equal parts. Serve by the pint-full.  :mowwink

And the best part is that after the first few, you can replace the food coloring with more sugar - everybody's view will be in over-saturated TechniColor thanks to the psychotropic drugs, anyway ;)
:boogie

Amber Williams

A drink I actually drink is a mix of AMP (weee its my initials) energy drink and Midori...with a small dash of sweet n sour mix.  I don't have absolute measurements though, so I tend to call it the "wand of motivation"...where the motivation varies depending on applications and alchohol content.

Azlan

What does midori taste like...?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Amber Williams

Its a melon liquor I believe.

Azlan

Hmmm, I am good with melons.

Gabi

I don't care much for alcohol, but I would like to find out what joy tea tastes like.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Leafar

never tasted tea???? huh? lol i am lost... :p

Azlan

Quote from: Gabi on July 25, 2006, 10:08:08 AM
I don't care much for alcohol, but I would like to find out what joy tea tastes like.

I'm not fond of alcohol at all.  

If I did not fear half of the forumites here, mostly due to what I might think they may choose as constituents for the Joy portion of that tea, I might be inclined to try some...

xHaZxMaTx

I don't care for beer or wine, but Smirnoff Ice is pretty good. :lol  Tastes like Squirt soda.  But I would much rather have a mug of ice cold hazlenut coffee.

Nex

I probably will never care for beer at all.

However, various flavors of wine are nice and a Strawberry Margarita is VERY tasty.

Vidar

Quote from: Nex on July 25, 2006, 11:10:48 AM
I probably will never care for beer at all.

However, various flavors of wine are nice and a Strawberry Margarita is VERY tasty.

* Hands Nex a cold pint of Guinness Extra Stout *

DRINK! This is a MAN'S beverage.  :cheers
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Gabi

Quote from: Leafar on July 25, 2006, 10:18:23 AM
never tasted tea???? huh? lol i am lost... :p

Oh, drink tea all the time, I love tea. It's joy tea I'm not familiar with.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Raskahn

Joy Tea:

Tea (most typical brands (hot) like earl grey) with Rum.

Note: to increase the Joy.....add more rum.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I still like the "Jim's Motor Oil"....

Shot of Jim, dump it into a pint of Guinness, lift, and drink the lot before replacing the glass on the counter.

If that doesn't oil your insides, nothing will. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ramsey

Quote from: Azlan on July 25, 2006, 10:22:53 AM
Quote from: Gabi on July 25, 2006, 10:08:08 AM

If I did not fear half of the forumites here, mostly due to what I might think they may choose as constituents for the Joy portion of that tea, I might be inclined to try some...

Everclear. :B

What about, like.... The Flaming Merlitz? :P

Netami

Alcohol is so lame. Wine tastes like battery acid, beer tastes like piss. Shmirnoff Ice could be a soda if they didn't add the paltry 5% of alcohol... So pointless:U

"The Abel"

Step one: Make an oreo milkshake.

THE END.

Saist

Quote from: Netami on July 25, 2006, 02:57:27 PM
Alcohol is so lame. Wine tastes like battery acid, beer tastes like piss. Shmirnoff Ice could be a soda if they didn't add the paltry 5% of alcohol... So pointless:U

"The Abel"

Step one: Make an oreo milkshake.

THE END.

"The RJ"

Step one: Make an Acorn Milkshake!

*followed by fleeing away*

thegayhare

Sometihng my sis makes is  butterbeer

7oz rootbeer or creamsoda
1oz buttershots (butterscotch schnapes)

Cvstos

Quote from: Rowne on July 25, 2006, 08:00:51 AM
Ahh, psychotropic drugs, ever the fun way to spend an afternoon.

Harper: Ahh, so that's why the walls down here changed colour.

Andromeda: Season 4, Episode 4 - "Double or Nothingness"

Andromeda is mildly affected by the EMP from a massive solar flare, causing the auto-defense system to activate and hallucinogenic gas to be released into some areas of the ship.   :) :mowhappy :laugh  Yep, Andromeda is easily one of my favorite shows.  :evar
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Toric

Quote from: je.saist on July 25, 2006, 06:28:33 PM

"The RJ"

Step one: Make an Acorn Milkshake!

*followed by fleeing away*
Step two: Insert a small, waterproof timed explosive into the shake.
Step three: Give the milkshake to a friend. :rj
Yap by Silver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on July 25, 2006, 06:57:15 PM
Sometihng my sis makes is  butterbeer

7oz rootbeer or creamsoda
1oz buttershots (butterscotch schnapes)

Oooo. I want. That'll go down a treat.

... Hold the rootbeer and creamsoda, tho. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RJ

Hehe, actually here's something I like to make:

Grape juice, pink creaming soda, orange fizzy (your choice), crushed ice, a dash of lemon juice. Mmm.... and they're my colours too.

Zanna

Zedd

That one done by Dan....I belive DDR or Rage said he did millons of times

KarlOmega1

The Mab:

Ingredients needed

Grape soda
Vanilla Ice Cream
a bit of crushed ice

put it all in a blender and start it....thenwhen it's smooth, serve.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius