12/26/09 [DMFA #1070] - Okay who ordered the kids meal?

Started by thegayhare, December 25, 2009, 11:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

There is something about this whole "Ew, they're killing babies" thing that doesn't quite make sense.  And that is whether the said children are babies at all (as opposed to adults or young adults).

Pyroduck was clearly an infant, but given that Hizell or whoever PD's father was is presumably millions of years old like most other Dragons, the idea of him having so many babies all at once during the relatively brief period of the war is a little bizarre.  Not impossible, of course.

That said, it is far easier to subdue an immature dragon than a full adult, but Pyroduck was presumably in the care of someone pretty powerful and they managed to abduct him.

Now, one possibility is that PD's dad isn't a dragon at all, and that his mother was the dragon.  As mentioned by someone else he may possibly be 'cubi.  (And no, Aniz wouldn't fit since he was born after the war ended, or during its final stages).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Crawldragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2009, 05:31:09 AM
There is something about this whole "Ew, they're killing babies" thing that doesn't quite make sense.  And that is whether the said children are babies at all (as opposed to adults or young adults).

Pyroduck was clearly an infant, but given that Hizell or whoever PD's father was is presumably millions of years old like most other Dragons, the idea of him having so many babies all at once during the relatively brief period of the war is a little bizarre.  Not impossible, of course.
Hmm... it would have taken a good dragon hunter to subdue the older victims... I wonder if a lot of dragon slayers of the time are 'cubi disguised as adventurers...

Alondro

*Charline returns from giving Charles his Christmas slaying...er... 'sleighing'... yeah.. :shifty *   Eee-hee-hee!  Presenting him on a dinner platter!  That's so delightfully wicked!  It's just like something I'd do! 

Except I'd have eaten him.  Babies are nice and tender.   :veryevil
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Anker Steadfast

Maybe dragons have many babies at once ?
Like a cat or a dog .. y'know ... bundles of cuteness all over the place. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lego3400

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 28, 2009, 03:23:16 PM

Maybe dragons have many babies at once ?
Like a cat or a dog .. y'know ... bundles of cuteness all over the place. :)

I would presume that Dragons would lay eggs. Though the fact that they can take a mammalian humanoid form rather then a a reptilian one complicates things....

Anker Steadfast

Hmm, probably right, though birds can have many eggs at the same time too.
And not just birds, frogs for example can have a LOT at the same time!!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on December 28, 2009, 04:02:15 PM
I would presume that Dragons would lay eggs. Though the fact that they can take a mammalian humanoid form rather then a a reptilian one complicates things....

Also that they are cross-fertile with 'Cubi, Beings etc.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2009, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: Lego3400 on December 28, 2009, 04:02:15 PM

Also that they are cross-fertile with 'Cubi, Beings etc.

... Fa'Lina + Dragon = Scary ?  'A' :eek :disbelief

Alondro

Some mammals can harve large litters, and frequently.

Mice, for instance. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

LionHeart

Sea turtles, for another instance.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 28, 2009, 05:12:31 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on December 28, 2009, 02:21:47 AM
Not intending to off-topic too much, but I have to know--WHY was she called "Mister" in Star Trek II and no one (including those who watched it) even bats an eyelid?

Ensign, yes? Anyone in the navy or airforce or army would recognise the "everyone gets called mister when being addressed by superiors" syndrome. It's a way of not having to pay attention to the little details like rank, and/or used as a club to bring attention to the fact that the person so addressed needs correction. Generally speaking. In Sci-Fi circles, it's used as a generic honorific for both male and female persons. It saves the time of having to think which gender you're referring to, and avoids the whole Miss/Mrs/Ms/Mz/etc debacle. In times of action, this can be useful...

This is how I've understood it to be used, anyway. I could well be wrong, since I don't recall the movie in question just now...

Plus, in Sci-fi there may be characters with other genders than the usual ones...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LionHeart on December 29, 2009, 01:18:44 AM
Plus, in Sci-fi there may be characters with other genders than the usual ones...

In one case in particular, both. Genders, that is. As I recall it, the person in question had a crush on his/her commanding officer, and tended to appear to be whichever happened to cause more confusion (when he/she was of a mind to do so, that is)...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears