12/27/09 [DMFA #1071] - Two plus two equals catfish

Started by Joe3210, December 27, 2009, 12:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe3210

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol1071.jpg

The calculus would be an interesting study.

Edit: We know where the image is. There's no need to link it in here, and force everyone to download it again, and provide Amber's hosting with yet more bandwidth usage, now, is there?
 -- llearch
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

OminousShadow

And now Phoenix Oracles seem like the most horrible creatures ever. I bet there are many beings and creatures what would choose death over doing a math test that was written by one of them.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

techmaster-glitch

Okay, so that confrims it--Pyroduck's father was responsible for the death of Clan Fa'Lina.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

So wait, does three plus three equal hammerhead shark?
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

jeffh4

So why was Dimanika delighted that Fa'Lina decided not to kill Pyroduck?

Theories?

Mine is that Dimanika thought Pyro would go completely bonkers growing up with Phoenix Oracles. 

"Da'! Are we there yet!?!?!?"

"In the fullness of the gibbous moon, fourteen shakes before the cattails blossom, there will be a sign. . .or not."

"Gaaaaahhhh!!!!!!"

jeffh4

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 27, 2009, 12:21:23 AM
Okay, so that confrims it--Pyroduck's father was responsible for the death of Clan Fa'Lina.

He might have had help.  There's no assurance he acted alone.

ibneko

"It was to Dimanika's delight that Fa'lina chose not to kill one of his children in return."

Wait, what?  Did I miss something or read it wrong?  I thought the Dimanika clan gave the children away so the children could be killed for revenge / abused / used as slaves...?  Although.. I guess the other option would be for said children to be raised up to kill their father someday in the future... and maybe that's what the Dimanika clan was hoping for.

OminousShadow

Always thought that Aniz's Clan had something to do with it. What he said to Fa'Lina about being sorry his Clan took Fa'Lina's trying to help/save others as a sign of weakness.

Also, that shadowed Cubi seems to be too smiley. I shall call it Smiley McShadow... or how about Shadow McSmiley
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: jeffh4 on December 27, 2009, 12:24:45 AM

He might have had help.  There's no assurance he acted alone.
Of course that's a possiblilty, I didn't exclude it (in fact, it crossed my mind). It's just that... uh... "Pyrodaddy"?... was the one directly responsible.

Baal Hadad

Since it's still in the backstory for "Abel's Story," I suppose it's no good anticipating mention of this in that comic, although it is good to know.

I did wonder where "Pyroduck" came from....  :P

Techcubi

So, how long do you think he was raised by a Phoenix oracle?

OminousShadow

Quote from: Techcubi on December 27, 2009, 12:29:05 AM
So, how long do you think he was raised by a Phoenix oracle?

I'd say at least 8-10 years. At least long enough to learn some of their math.

PencilinHand

Quote from: Baal Hadad on December 27, 2009, 12:28:48 AM
Since it's still in the backstory for "Abel's Story," I suppose it's no good anticipating mention of this in that comic, although it is good to know.

I had always wondered about his name.  It didn't seem dragony nor cubi.  Phoenix oracles make perfect sense.

Also, about the Dimanika being happy that she chose to raise P-Ducky, I imagine if we knew what emotion the Dimanika fed off of we would have the answer for their delight.  Irony perhaps?

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: PencilinHand on December 27, 2009, 12:35:24 AM

I had always wondered about his name.  It didn't seem dragony nor cubi.  Phoenix oracles make perfect sense.

Also, about the Dimanika being happy that she chose to raise P-Ducky, I imagine if we knew what emotion the Dimanika fed off of we would have the answer for their delight.  Irony perhaps?

The satisfaction of a job well done, perhaps? Baby is delivered, its fate decided, and thus the task is complete, regardless of what happens next?

Just a thought...

jeffh4

Quote from: ibneko on December 27, 2009, 12:25:22 AM
"It was to Dimanika's delight that Fa'lina chose not to kill one of his children in return."

Wait, what?  Did I miss something or read it wrong?  I thought the Dimanika clan gave the children away so the children could be killed for revenge / abused / used as slaves...?  Although.. I guess the other option would be for said children to be raised up to kill their father someday in the future... and maybe that's what the Dimanika clan was hoping for.

Well, that hasn't happened yet.  Pyroduck used the word "is" to describe his father.

e_voyager

at least not that Pryo knows of. still you have to worry about what happened to any stragglers in Fa'lina's clan and was pryo's father pressured into betrayal?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jasonrevall

Id like to take a look at their math. It might be easier than the calc im forced to learn now  :P. Also what better way to hurt someone than to raise their children away from their influence of control.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Castle Pokemetroid

A question about Pyroduck that I've had reguarding his name, ever since he first enerted the comic has finally been answered after all this time.

It's a christmas miracle. Or maybe the day after christmas.Whatever.

Madmann135

I think I am starting to understand how P-Ducky's brain works.
Simple analogy P-Ducky is using a bit processing upgraded to a qubit processing system while most everyone else is still using a bit processing system.  If you can get that then more power to you.
What I am saying is that P-Ducky doesn't see things in just black and white, he sees things in black, white and grays.

Still interesting family tree P-Ducky has.  Biological parents, dragons.  Adopted mother Fi'Lana a succubus, raised by a Phoenix oracle.  Imagine That on your Resume?

I want Da''s flaming hair on my head (and the ability to properly live with it).  It looks so beautiful.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

The_one_who_is_odd

Theories:
Fa'Lina wishes to have a family even if her cubi clan is dead and she is infertile. This is shown through her channeling her energy into SAIA to create a faux clan.

Fa'Lina has not developed enough of a grudge against PyroDaddy to kill a baby. Due to Fa'Lina having a near insane love for children and infants. (Stated in cast Page)

Fa'Lina understands if PyroDaddy hadn't killed her clan another dragon would have and is happy it was him not another.

Fa'Lina after being sad after losing her clan and at the thought of having a child of her own (Adopted or Not) may have caused her to accidentally Emotion Jam  Dimanika.

jeffh4

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on December 27, 2009, 03:15:14 AM

My new theory:  Dimanika will be met later on in the comic and her cunning plan will be revealed then. 

And no, I don't mean "cunning" as in Baldrick's cunning plans (from Blackadder)

Psaakyrn

Or simply the best revenge is proving to your adversery that you are better than them. Like not having to resort to genocide to prove your point.

Alternatively, Dimanika might not even be an evil clan, and the whole "serve on a platter" ploy is a test of character.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

TheAuldGrump

Hmmm, 'took' not 'killed' - most likely as hostages. (Not that something could not have gone horribly wrong - hostages are prey to fortune and chance - even their own side may decide to 'simplify' the problem, usually by subtraction.)

The Auld Grump

Goatmon

Irony isn't an emotion.

Tapewolf

Quote from: TheAuldGrump on December 27, 2009, 04:01:44 AM
Hmmm, 'took' not 'killed' - most likely as hostages.
Or 'took down'.  Or 'took their souls'.

My take is that Dimanika is/was big on justice.  Letting the victims' survivors decide the fate of his children would kind of make sense in an eye-for-an-eye sense, and they don't necessarily have to agree with the decision.  Providing the means would be simply be considered the proper/honourable thing to do.

EDIT:
Also note how Fa'Lina hasn't bent the rules of SAIA for herself, by having others raise the child.  My guess is that he's given a SAIA education when he reaches his 20s.  So chances are he's younger than Dee.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Joe3210

"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Bjalf

Quote from: OminousShadow on December 27, 2009, 12:26:05 AM

Always thought that Aniz's Clan had something to do with it.

Horrible plot twist: Aniz is Pyroduck's father.

Scrap Fish

Aw heck no.
Please?

Phoenix oracles make perfect sense.
No they don't. It's in the job requirements.

Anyway, the salad seems to be here.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Scarydragon

Quote from: Bjalf on December 27, 2009, 08:45:36 AM
Horrible plot twist: Aniz is Pyroduck's father.

That would make such a twisted plot, that if half of what Amber has put in the comic (and half of what's been speculated in the forums) is true, Pyro-daddy/Aniz/Edward would be the father of Dan, Abel, Pyroduck, and Alexsi. Which would mean Pyro's been going out with his half sister this whole time! :U

And as for the name Pyroduck, it always made sense to me.
He is a dragon. Dragons breathe fire.
He has green hair. Mallards have green head feathers.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Sunblink

Aw, baby Pyroduck wants to hug the big glowy Phoenix oracle. That's adorable. :)

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on December 27, 2009, 12:22:18 AM
So wait, does three plus three equal hammerhead shark?

If it did, I would've enjoyed calculus a lot more. :P

Good god. Can you imagine what algebra would be like? D: In 2x + 5 = 25,  X would literally mean xylophone.

This post would've been more meaningful but my head is kind of achy.