[Music] DMFA Charaoke - Christmas Edition

Started by Tezkat, December 24, 2009, 12:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Let's see...

Tezkat is a shameless writer of parody lyrics.
Tezkat has a rather large karaoke collection.
Tezkat enjoys singing.

...clearly, no good can come of this. >:]

And so I present DMFA Charaoke, a selection of creatively rewritten songs performed in character using my various voices from the DMFA Radio Project.

:mowcookie

PLAYLIST

Jyrras - Jyrras Got Run Over by a Fangirl

(Yeah, yeah... there's only one song on the playlist so far, but I figured an index post would encourage me to start posting the rest of these crimes against music and sanity. :animesweat)
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tezkat

Some of you might remember this little bit of insanity from a few years ago. Inspired by Amber's Christmas filler, I posted the lyrics but never got around to recording the actual song. As 'tis the season once more, I figured I'd set about rectifying that situation for my first charaoke performance.

Jyrras Got Run Over by a Fangirl
(or... Now I've Fallen In Love with a Cubi)

To the tune of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" (with apologies to Randy Brooks :3)...

Download MP3 (7.1 MB)

Now I've fallen in love with a Cubi
Hanging out at Lost Lake Christmas Eve.
You can say it's good clean fun as always,
But that's not what the fans want to believe.

At the mall, we found a novel:
Evil genius versus spy.
Wildy filled the book with pages
Of me performing acts of death by shounen ai.

I stormed right up to her doorstep.
Oh, that book made me so mad!
But I just can't help but wonder
If she wrote about a chance I never had...

See, I've always been the cute one.
People huggle me on sight.
Drive-by hugs just aren't the same as
Someone snuggled up in bed with you at night.

First I had a crush on Daniel,
But then I fell for Abel, too.
And don't forget about Lorenda...
Oh, frig! I'm such a messed up kangaroo. (KANGAROO RAT!)

Now I find myself at Christmas
Underneath the mistletoe
Squished inside a Cubi sandwich
With the sexiest bishounen that I know.

All the fans around the forums
Want to know what happens next.
I'm afraid if I get lucky,
They'll be posting pictures all over the net.

But that's not what the fans want to believe!

Merry Christmas!

:xmastree

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, dear. Oh, deary deary me.

I want to listen to this enough to stop listening to DSO for a few minutes. On the other hand... I don't want to listen to this travesty.

I'm torn, I really am.

... oh, what the hell.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Give in to the power of the dark side! :kittydevious

Fibre

Hilarious! Well done... and so true there about the fans/forums sometimes :giggle

Merry Christmas!

Tezkat

Thanks. Most of these things were written years ago, so they're no longer as timely as they might have been, but it's nice to know people can still enjoy them.
:mowcookie

Tapewolf

Pretty good.  'Course it would probably be funnier if I'd ever heard of the original song  >:3

I'm curious about how it was done, though.  The backing track seems to be a midi sequence, what software did you use the track the vocals and how many layers of vocals are there?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 25, 2009, 04:12:04 PM
Pretty good.  'Course it would probably be funnier if I'd ever heard of the original song  >:3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPaGQEskSKM :mowtongue

QuoteI'm curious about how it was done, though.  The backing track seems to be a midi sequence, what software did you use the track the vocals and how many layers of vocals are there?

All my Christmas karaoke's had "helpful" background vocals on the chorus--which is why I didn't record it back in 2006--so I wound up buying a MIDI single to use this time. I was originally planning on fiddling to make it all nice and sexy; I got a copy of Cubase bundled with my new audio interface, but my meager VSTi collection doesn't even include most of the instruments I needed (e.g. banjo, fiddle, etc.). In the end, I couldn't get it sounding the way I wanted, so I finally gave up and just recorded straight off Microsoft's default wavetable. Tezkat's MIDI skillz leave much room for improvement... :animesweat

I dragged my B-1 to my mom's to record the vocals on my laptop. (It wasn't exactly the best recording environment--I axed so many takes because of cars screeching in the background. :dface) In addition to Jyrras's lead vocals, I used other Radio Project voices for four backup singers (Edward, Albanion, Abel, and a fourth which is more or less my normal singing voice), all recorded and mixed using my aging copy of Adobe Audition. In retrospect, I could have fiddled a bit more. Maybe EQed it a bit better, at least...

But, all in all, I rather liked the way it turned out. And I managed to get it in by Christmas this time. :3

Sprocketsdance

Holy.. omg... OMG XD My sides are hurting! That was completely awesome! XD Wow.. goodness sakes.. well done Tezkat! ^_^  :boogie