Hit the Jack Spot (9/8/06 - Teaser)

Started by Jack McSlay, July 24, 2006, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

So there. I've made mein art thread, now you shall be haunted by my stuff

here's how it'll work: I'll keep a list of all artwork shown in this thread in the main post, but also make a new post every submission, and to keep the thread light, only the latest art will be shown, for the rest will be kept external links where it can be viewed

there -

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/852891/

this thing is pretty old, mid-2004 I think, but I decided I'd finish it today to make use of my new drawing table. me loves my table  :3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Netami

Manawolf

Little hard to make out though.  Happens sometimes when you try going into the level of detail you did.  Everything just seems to run together and I can't seem to make heads of tails of it.

Netami

A little hard to see due to the size and probably faults of the scanner, but I can make it out.

Manawolf

It's tricky doing it all in simple lead pencil (or whatever grey substance they use these days).  A little color wouldn't hurt.

Netami

I know so many people that stick to just pencil and when they go to scan this kickass piece of art, it doesnt come up well at all. Oh well... As for this piece, you know there's a larger version, right? Much easier to see all the detail.

Manawolf

Probably why a lot of artists use stuff like photoshop to help color their work, or maybe even just try to correct what the scanner messed up.

Jack McSlay

right now I'm trying to favor traditional medias over digital... the large view seemedpretty clear enough to me so I didn't fix anything. besides, lots of lizards have camouflage

Manawolf

True, but there is such a thing as smiling for the camera, as it were.

Slavkei

This assumes that otherlizard wanted his picture taken! :o

King Of Hearts

Great use of pencils. How many did you use on that pic?

Jack McSlay

GabrielsThoughts

your pencil skills are totally awesome, how many hours did it take you?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Gornemant

Jack McSlay

thanks for the comments peeps

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/874813/
little teaser for a project of mine. I assure it's going to do all that