11/15/2009 [#160] Um... oops?

Started by Escher, November 15, 2009, 02:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escher

Well, we've got one thing cleared up. Jigsaw =/= Bella Swan. (Thank heavens for that, too.)

Well, since it's implied that the guy's a vampire, he's probably going to survive ... Right?
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

llearch n'n'daCorna

mebbe. I dunno.

Anything you drop from sixty meters up is going to be falling for, if I get my sums right, 3 seconds, and travelling at roughly 30 meters per second when they arrive. Give or take a bit.

Or about 108km/hr, or about 67 miles per hour, if you prefer. Landing from that is gonna smart. Particularly head first. (erm. That's fairly rough figures, there. I've estimated nice round numbers of 10 m/s/s, rather than 9.81, etc etc.)

(also http://www.haverford.edu/physics/songs/lehrer/superball.htm suggests that 100m might be a better guestimate at the height, making it more likely to reach terminal velocity, which is, IIRC, about 140km/h for people...)

Hrm. Lots of interesting info here: http://people.math.gatech.edu/~weiss/pub/v2II.pdf

Seems to say that a head-down position is going to take 16 seconds to reach terminal velocity (more or less) so he'd have been accelerating all the way down. And a belly-to-earth position takes about 6 seconds, and 123 meters... but the average height of a floor in buildings is 3m/floor, so we're talking 90m up, so things are worse for our Sire, here...

All in all? I think he's going to make a pretty pattern on the floor. Ain't walking away from that one, nuh-uh.

Edit:
Oh, whoops. Forgot to mention - the gravity and air pressure on the planet in question are likely different, so the acceleration and terminal velocity will be very different.

I still think he'll make a big splash, though. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Well killed by a sting ray and a cat girl with a pouch.

Even if he survives this you can bet that his passing for human now will be as likely as meatloaf passing for a hamburger. sure their practical made of the same stuff, but meatloaf is just one big mess to look at.

On a side note, are Jigsaw's race actually marsupial's in the sense they have short pregnancies and race their young in the pouch in a under developed form, or do they share traits with mammals having a more developted young while they still carry them around in a pouch?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

Jigsaw defenestrated her sire!!  LOL (and I got to use defenestrated in a forum so yaea!)

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 16, 2009, 12:01:18 AM
Jigsaw defenestrated her sire!!  LOL (and I got to use defenestrated in a forum so yaea!)

Maybe if he thinks happy thoughts he can fly and avoid making a mess on the side walk. :rolleyes

But I'm taking this show might cover all the basics of execution and some new ways to die on this show.

Bring out the guiletine launcher, Fire the crab cannons, and don't holdback on unleashing the robotic Iron maiden. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

unless of course he bounces

Quote from: joshofspam on November 16, 2009, 09:37:46 AM
don't holdback on unleashing the robotic Iron maiden. :P

robotic ozzy > robotic richard simmons?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.