Game: Invisible Friend (Sign up for Round 53)

Started by Gabi, December 14, 2008, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

i have nothing funny to say today and may not be online tomorrow but don't let that stop you post post post away.  and we need some more pictures as well the round end's next weak early next week

Quote from: Basilisk on November 03, 2009, 08:57:16 PM
Dear invisible friend,

On a scale of 1-10 how afraid of pyramid head are you?
do you know who pyramid head is?
Did you  have fun with the riddles?... besides the first one, you got 'em all right... #1 is an Egg

lets try one more, for fun...

Do you know jack?
Quote from: Basilisk's Invisible Friend
Dear visible friend

On a scale of 1-10 how afraid of pyramid head are you?
6 In the correct context. He is a 2 in the movie or homecoming and it is just residual psychological fright from SH2
do you know who pyramid head is?
Yep the manifestation of James demented perverted mind
Did you  have fun with the riddles?... besides the first one, you got 'em all right... #1 is an Egg
They were alright but seriously that makes no sense. Egg?

lets try one more, for fun...

Do you know jack?
Do you mean Candle jack? Cause he's tha..........

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jairus

Dear Invisible Friend,

So you can drive stick-shift? Neat. I can't do that. So, what's the make and model?
What country do you call home?
It's sort of which Star Trek captain do you prefer? All nerds are at one point required to answer it.
What sort of shows did you watch when you were little? Like say, six and younger.
What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
Have you ever read a book that just made you want to throw it across the room?
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

silentassassin

Dear IF,

Do you play video games?
What kind of music do you listen to?
Do you have a favorite genre of games if you do play them?
Have you ever watched anime?
Have you been in a car crash?

Lisky

apologies for the hiatus Invisible Friend, i've been busy the last few days.

Anything exciting on your end of things?

What is the latest breaking story you heard about from a news source?

what is your primary news source?

Do you watch Colbert or the Daily show?

do you ever do things that your peers describe as "ridiculous" or "very unwise" ?

lastly... to explain the Egg... the white halls are the shell, the yoke is the golden treasure... an Egg shell has no windows or doors.  The Yoke sits in a clear, jelly-like substance... i could go on, but it just takes some abstract thinking to get it...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

e_voyager

i'm back and with my support unit (vehicle ) up and running updates  to the game should be with in the hour. took a little longer then i thought then my net started acting up but here we go!!

Quote from: Fibre on November 02, 2009, 01:22:16 AMDear Invisible Friend,

No, we don't have to talk about spam, but I would be curious to hear
your views on spam messages.
What album/artist is "Dreams Dreams" from? I couldn't find it.
To be more specific, what are some books that you remember from when
you were less than 10?
What are some of your favorite foods?
Do you cook much?
If so, what do you like to cook?

Sincerely,
- Fibre
Quote from: Fibre's Invisible FriendI'm sorry again. real life has
been getting the best of me, including most of my time.

I don't see the point in posting messages whose only purpose is to
annoy others. Nor posting gibberish for the sake of posting. I guess
it's one of those things I'll never understand.

That song is from the video game "Nights into Dreams" and has several
variants, some of which were introduced in the sequel "Nights: Journey
of Dreams". Here are two of the original versions:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1wwaVsCHw (Children's voices)
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5dJIWZ7s58 (Adult voices)

Books I read when I was less than 10... I remember a few, but naming
them would be giving myself away. Let's just say most of them were
books by M.E.W. and E.B., not counting the collections of "Naptime
stories", fairytales and little children's books like "Finger games"
and "Quick the little rat".

Not much. Only when I have the time, which happens rarely. I do enjoy
cooking, though.

I like experimenting with soups, rice and noodles, combining them with
different seasonings and ingredients. I occasionally make pancakes or
French toast, and I've made lemon cookies a few times. I can make
gnocchi, bread and chipa (manioc bread with cheese), but I rarely do.
Same goes for some special corn-based meals. I also make my own blends
of tea, and my own yogurt flavors, and the occasional weird salad, but
that's just mixing stuff rather than cooking.

I've made a collage for you. I hope you like it. It's Fibre-theemed.

Quote from: Dekari on November 02, 2009, 11:59:32 PMDear IF, Actually no, I was referring to the British dis-educational video series "Look Around You".  That and the previous question were specifically from the MATHS episode. Now on with some more questions. If you were stranded on a deserted island and a crate washed up on shore, what 5 things, of your choice, would you find in it? What is your favorite sport? Hear any good music lately? And just because Bas is on to a good thing I think, here's a riddle  >:] I turn polar bears white And I will make you cry. I make guys have to pee And girls comb their hair. I make celebrities look stupid And normal people look like celebrities. I turn pancakes brown And make your champagne bubble. If you squeeze me, I'll pop. If you look at me, you'll pop. Can you guess the riddle?
Quote from: Dekari's Invisible FriendDear VF,

Dis-educational? That doesn't sound like a very good thing to watch, really. :)
Um, hm. A survival kit (complete with medicine, a knife, and materials to start a fire: they exist!), non-perishable rations, a ten-gallon jug of water, directions on how to triangulate my position to within a few hundred miles, and a working and fully charged satellite phone.
Don't really have one. I think pretty much any sport is a waste of time compared to stuff like video games.
You'll have to be more specific: I only really listen to music that I like.
Um... hm... still waking up from being asleep is a bad time to be solving riddles. I wanted to say "light," but that can't be it. Argh, I'll think it over. If I don't solve it by the end of the game, you can tell me the answer.

Quote from: Jairus on November 05, 2009, 01:17:19 PM
Dear Invisible Friend,

So you can drive stick-shift? Neat. I can't do that. So, what's the make and model?
What country do you call home?
It's sort of which Star Trek captain do you prefer? All nerds are at one point required to answer it.
What sort of shows did you watch when you were little? Like say, six and younger.
What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
Have you ever read a book that just made you want to throw it across the room?
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Quote from: Jairus's  Invisible Friend
Dear Visible Friend,

If you'd like to ask when the round is over, I would gladly tell you.  However, I fear that such information may be instantly give away my identity.

The country with which I reside is the United States

I'll have to go with Kirk then.

When I was little, I do not entirely remember what I was watching.  I think my favorite show was Rocco's Modern Life, but, I could be wrong about that.

Worst movie I have seen would have to be Carnasaur.

I have read a few, yes. Mostly required readings for school.

For a super-power, I would have to go with power telekinesis.  It grants you the ability to fly, traffic is never an issue if you feel like going for a drive, and, quoting Tenacious D I'd "have the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away, WITH MIND BULLETS!"

Quote from: silentassassin on November 05, 2009, 08:07:46 PM
Dear IF,

Do you play video games?
Quote from: silentassassin's Invisible Friend
Dear Silentassassin,

Do you play video games?

Probably more than I should.

It varies.  I mostly stick to rock.  Anything in stylings ranging from Tantric to Audioslave, Days of the New to Soundgarden, System of a Down to Korn, Godsmack to Mushroomhead....if it fits anywhere in there, I will probably like it.

I tend to like FPS's, RPG's, and Action RPG's like Fallout 3.

Yeah, I still do actually, but not very often.

Yes.

Quote from: Gabi's Invisible Friend on October 26, 2009, 02:27:09 PM

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Fibre

Dear Invisible Friend,

That is a neat picture, thank you. Do you have some of those fiber-optic light tree things?
What Web browser do you use?
What email client do you use?
What physical keyboard layout do you use?
What kind of pointing device do you use?
If you have one, what is your home network configuration?
NAS, SAN, or DAS?
What kind of calculator(s) do you use?
Are the foods that you like to cook your favorite foods in general, or do you have other favorite foods?
What are your favorite drinks?
What kind of drinking water do you prefer?
What kind of art do you have around your room/living area?

Interestedly,
- Fibre

e_voyager

today was the last day tomorrow it ends,  and the cycle of gifts and questions shall wait  to begin again

Quote from: Jairus's Invisible Friend

e_voyager

today is the last day for the game three more hours for the last to straggler to get in there image then it's time to post your guesses

it is now 8 o'clock and the game is officially over . please post you guesses

everyone but Basilisk's invisible friend has a chance to win. 

Fibre

Dekari

I'm going to guess Jairus was my IF...though, I have a feeling I'm wrong, which in most cases has ment I was right.

Oh, and I'll give you a clue to the riddle before I tell you what the answer is.

The riddle is much shorter than what you read.

Here it is again so you don't have to dig for it.

I turn polar bears white
And I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
And girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
And normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
And make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

silentassassin

Ok let's break this down.

I don't think it is gabi. Some of the things my IF said don't seem like Jairus would say *probably*. The answers aren't as spastic as Fibre's questions. Doesn't seem to be like basilisk either. So I can only assume my IF is Dekari. Unless mine is clever enough to hide his/her way of speech.

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

e_voyager

two more people to guess then i post the winners

Still waiting on  Gabi's guess for the round to end also here's a late entrey form Basilisk 's invisible friend.

too late to win but it's the tough that counts. he had some question on what constitutes a gift image and the most import thing is that it's made by the person making it. case in point picture use to not be allowed as gifts but if someone actually has the camera and takes the picture they are now allowed to use it as an IF gift. the photo shopped picture For Silentassassin was not only made for his specifically by his friend it also include a poem of sorts.

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gabi

Does Jay really deserve being stabbed?

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a bad and complicated week for me. I'm going to guess Dekari, though I may be wrong. I didn't have the chance to ask many questions this time.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

e_voyager

kami hame alrighty then.

Gabi guessed Dekari she guessed  poorly her friend was Fibre
Basilisk guessed Jairus  he guessed poorly his friend was silentassassin
Jairus guessed Silentassassin.  he guessed poorly his friend was basilisk
Silentassassin guessed Dekari he guessed well  butr can not win as his pictuer was too late
Dekari guessed Jairus  he guessed well
and
Fibre  guessed Dekari, he guessed poorly his friend was gabi

oddly enough no one guessed Fibre or Baskilisk this round

here is the chart and i'm off to bed power to the people

this rounds winners is Dekari. sorry i forget to mention that last night  but now it's all good

Fibre

Heh, we both thought that each other was Dekari... I guess that there were a few clues pointing to Gabi more than others that I should have seen, but I had discounted her from the pool of potential IFs since she was also my VF, even though I suppose that doesn't actually affect the probabilities. :B

Thanks for hosting this one, E. And please count me in for the next round as well!

e_voyager

i'm glad you had fun Fibre i hope everyone else did too.  now miss Gabi if you can update the  hall of fame we can see about setting up the next round. i'm sorry if i didn't add enough zany distraction this game round but my life has been rather hectic as of late and i haven't had time to just kick back and bee silly just for the fun of it lately

Gabi

I was between Dekari and Fibre, but didn't get the chance to make questions to distinguish between them. In the end I leaned towards Dekari because I didn't notice silentassassin had guessed him. :-/

I'm sorry about messing up this round, I'll do my best not to do that again. I really need a break.

Congratulations to Dekari!

silentassassin

Well I had fun too bad I dropped the ball on the picture thing I won't this next time I've got it planned. Though I can't belive I was one of the few who guessed right. Maybe Dekari's manurisms are just that obvious compared to others.

Dekari

Well Jairus, I guess I should let you, and everyone else, in on the answer to that riddle I posted.

The answer is, "No".

And here's why (because this being listed as "the worlds hardest riddle", the answer is heavily debated)

I turn polar bears white
And I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
And girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
And normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
And make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.

^------DISTRACTION--------^
Can you guess the riddle? ]---Actual riddle
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

e_voyager

not to be a bothers but could some one change the title to reflect signups for round 49?

silentassassin

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on November 18, 2009, 07:00:05 PM
not to be a bothers but could some one change the title to reflect signups for round 49?

No bother at all.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

thank you llearch. now all we must do is wait. so far there are only 2 confirmed sign ups and we need at least 2 more before i can call it a game

this round is still open we only need a minimum of two more players to start the game

Gabi

Hmm... I guess I could sign up now. It is January after all.

e_voyager

all right a new call for interest anyone who wants to join  in this round's sign ups are open again again when have a minimum of 4 people we'll be able to play a game.

Dannysaysnoo

Count me in.

And sign me up.

And write me in.

And stuff.

e_voyager

okay long story  shot the call is still going on. I've sent a pm to silent assassin to ask if they still wanted to play.
Gabi, fiber, and Danny
are still  in confirmed in the IRC. we still need one more player min anyone up for a round of Invisible friend?

silent assassin has neither respond nor been online for around a month so we'll have to wait a bit longer it seems

Gabi

Ok, people, new attempt! E, Fibre and I are confirmed (one of us, to be defined, will be hosting). We need at least 2 more players to start the round.