Getting fitted for a ball and chain...

Started by Netrogo, September 22, 2009, 07:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

So I haven't been around much of late. I disappear randomly though so nobody probably noticed :P

The reason however is because on Sept 26th my fiance and I will be getting married. In the last couple months I've learned that weddings are HOLY MOTHER F&@%ING HARD to plan. Regardless of how far in advance you do it, eventually it apparently still comes down to the last few months of stress, worry, and the fiance threatening me with bodily harm randomly.

Anyways, back to wedding day joys. *under breath "saaaaaave meeeeee"*
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hehehehe.

*leaps up at the wedding* "I object!" *gets lynched by the other guests*

Nuts. Sorry, I tried...

More seriously, best of luck for the both of you.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Congratulations. Don't worry, we'll manage to keep the forum intact until you can recover from the stress. (which should take about six months after the date of the wedding or so.)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lysander

Hey, good for you, Netrogo. Hope you have a wonderful, long lasting marriage.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

JackTheCubiWolf

Congratulations, and don't have too much fun on the honeymoon. ;)
I'm back, and tired.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Netrogo on September 22, 2009, 07:52:06 AM
Regardless of how far in advance you do it, eventually it apparently still comes down to the last few months...

Months? My family has never really had more than a few weeks to plan a wedding. My wife and I were actually engaged for a year and a half and no one really bothered planning much until the last two weeks.

We're practiced at it.

Congrats.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bradypodidae

I know I've seen this elsewhere, but I am still curious as to why the Bride buys her wedding gown, yet the Groom rents his tux.

I hope everyone survives the preparations and the event runs smoothly. If it doesn't, I hope it at least provides you the money winning submission to a viral-video show like America's Funniest Home Videos.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Darkmoon

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on September 24, 2009, 02:05:37 PM
I know I've seen this elsewhere, but I am still curious as to why the Bride buys her wedding gown, yet the Groom rents his tux.

I hope everyone survives the preparations and the event runs smoothly. If it doesn't, I hope it at least provides you the money winning submission to a viral-video show like America's Funniest Home Videos.

The Groom doesn't always, but it's a usual thing. It's a matter of the fact that tradition dictates the Bride is supposed to treasure her wedding gown, possibly passing on to her daughters as an heirloom.

Dudes, on the other hand, sweat, and would rather pass their crotch rot onto other, anonymous, dudes than onto their own kin.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Netrogo

Thanks for all the well wishes. Also DM I was actually thinking about buying my tux, but only because it's a solid white pimp suit. Although my groomsmen say I look like a Batman villain in it >.>
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

hapless

Quote from: Netrogo on September 25, 2009, 01:16:22 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes. Also DM I was actually thinking about buying my tux, but only because it's a solid white pimp suit. Although my groomsmen say I look like a Batman villain in it >.>
And that is bad, how?

Belated congratulations!

//h
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus