-
0 (0%)
 ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

Shadrok

:meh
My PC decided to go on strike today, I just hope I can get it back on-line and with all my files intact but chances are they're lost. As for Zedd's pic it's still can be worked on just not colored at this time. If I do lose the files on my computer then I lose the photoshop files of JP's wolves (the ones that have been posted) along with a lot of other things that I had on there and had yet to back up. I think my computer had an issue with one file going bad and thus confusing the whole thing.

Right now I'm using my mom's PC so I can (although limited) still get on-line and post sketches. Speaking of which some sketches.

Meg looking over a map

Shadrok in his formal Pirate Capitan attire

And Shadrok's ship "The Azure Moon"

Zedd

Its alright Shadrok..I got plenty of time

Tapewolf

That certainly does suck.  Do you know what filesystem you're using?  (Probably NTFS if it's windows XP or 2000)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you've got another machine, you might be able to put the disk into that and scan it from a functional system...

That might give you some sort of help.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Dang... I know I had my share of computer troubles too. Good pics though. Hope you're able to recoer everything.

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2006, 05:11:52 PM
That certainly does suck.  Do you know what filesystem you're using?  (Probably NTFS if it's windows XP or 2000)

The OS is Windows XP office
As for the technical side of computers :mowdizzy  I'm one of those people who can work with a computer just not on one.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 15, 2006, 06:32:02 PM
If you've got another machine, you might be able to put the disk into that and scan it from a functional system...

That might give you some sort of help.

The other one is my mom's and she's more paranoid about hers then I'm about mine. Plus if it messed her computer up she'd never let me forget it.

Also I have to share it with my sister and my mom so I doubt it's an option, but thanks anyway.

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 15, 2006, 07:41:54 PM
Dang... I know I had my share of computer troubles too. Good pics though. Hope you're able to recover everything.

Thanks I hope I'll be able to retrieve everything but if not then there's not much I can do but reinstall my programs and surf for some of the files lost. The thing I hate the most is that theres not much I can do till Friday since that's my next day off from work and thus allowing me to focus on the matter fully.

I have to admit though, it's times like this that I'm glad I'm not fully CG dependent art wise.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah. Erm. Yeah. It's not usually that hard, and as long as you're careful about it, you can usually swap hard drives with abandon, but ok, as it's not your machine, and you're not (apparently) a geek, the other option is finding a local geek and asking them to have a look...

I'd offer, but I think I'm a few thousand miles out of your local area :-)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2006, 04:39:57 AM
Ah. Erm. Yeah. It's not usually that hard, and as long as you're careful about it, you can usually swap hard drives with abandon

No, you can't.  Windows XP will throw a hissy-fit unless it's the stolen version.

llearch n'n'daCorna

adding another drive causes that? I mean, I -was- referring to putting the drive in as a secondary drive, not the boot drive, and using the pre-existing windows to check the disk...

Damn. Microsoft are just trying to make life difficult, aren't they?

In that case, you're probably looking at booting off the cd and running chkdsk off there. And then defrag, if it's on the cd, which I can't recall...

xHaZxMaTx

No, that will work.  I've done it plenty of times to save several hard drives.

Lomgren

You do good work, just finished rechecking your thread.  Good stuff indeed, better than what I can do at the moment.  Admittedly, I haven't tried drawing Furres much, but I'm also slow in getting back into art after a long dry spell.  (call it 7-8 years or so)

Also, can you describe what your computer was/is doing, so that more technical people might be able to offer suggestions?  Maybe post it in the general forum if you haven't yet?

Shadrok

Something I drew during my lunch brake. One thing I forgot to mention is about the end of last month I was taken from stocking and put into bagging (for those who didn't see the pic and comment in an earlier post, I work at a grocery store).
Well part of my job now is bringing in the carts and well it rained today. At least it was light shower (all be it a long one) and not the down pour I heard this morning when I was getting ready for work.

I don't like how my mom's scanner works :rolleyes

A wet wolf.

As for the computer problem, I've asked one of my friends to help me. He's more on the technical side of computers. (he built his own computer and is majoring in web coding.)
He mite be able to help me this Friday I don't know, but he doesn't live too far from me so the only problem is getting our off day's lined up.

Also my computer is a Dell, so I have Windows on a Dell both can be picky with things and it's about 5 years old. One thing I've always thought strange is it was around this time of year when I bought my PC and around this time every year I have issues with it.

D: My computer hates it's birthday.

On the plus side not being able to just jump on-line has helped in some ways. I was starting to feel stressed trying to balance work, art, and net. With net out of the picture (for the most part) I'm able to work out a balance so I don't feel like I'm rushing from one to the other.

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Liek the old saying..Who smelt it...Delt it..

James StarRunner

Oh, I know exactly how that is! I hated getting carts...

Better blow-dry that fur!

Tapewolf

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 18, 2006, 01:39:04 AM
Smells like wet dog in here. :C

It will if you do what James suggested.  Nice picture, by the way.

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 16, 2006, 05:49:22 AM
No, that will work.  I've done it plenty of times to save several hard drives.
When I did it, Windows XP demanded immediate reactivation.  It wasn't even the system drive that I swapped out.  If it does that again, I'm upgrading to Windows 2000.

Shadrok

:compbash    :comp    :deal    :compbash    :comp    :intro
Well I ended up having to re-install windows, and currently I'm trying to get my settings back to what they were before as well as trying to hunt down some of the files I had gotten off of the internet.

As far as that goes I see no problem with finding the text files I had, but on the other hand I can't remember where it was where I downloaded some brushes for Photoshop.

*Scratches his head*

I remember Amber mentioned a place for it but I forget where.

As far as the installs go I'll have to reinstall my printer, so I'll scan some new pics once that's done.

Shadrok

Everything is back up and running, so I can scan zedd's pic and colored. I hope to have it posted soon.

Zedd

Drake Manaweilder

So I assume that bottom one is "Hippie Shadrok"?
Looks great!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on October 24, 2006, 11:09:32 PM
Everything is back up and running, so I can scan zedd's pic and colored. I hope to have it posted soon.

Good.  Shouldn't he have black wings, though?  Or are we assuming he's in disguise?  I rather like the submarine as well.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2006, 02:26:29 PM
Quote from: Shadrok on October 24, 2006, 11:09:32 PM

Good. Shouldn't he have black wings, though? Or are we assuming he's in disguise? I rather like the submarine as well.

Yes their black and feathered..Check Kings work in the meantime as well Jak

Shadrok

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on October 25, 2006, 11:52:01 AM
So I assume that bottom one is "Hippie Shadrok"?
Looks great!

No just a nameless wolf that I happen to draw one day at work.

On a side note two features that make it easy to ID Shadrok from other wolves I've drawn is the thin diamond shape on his forehead and the black tip on his tail. Though the diamond tends to be blocked by his hair at times.

Shadrok

click for larger view

Happy Halloween everyone. :pumpkin

Zedd

Gareeku

Tapewolf

Nice.  Do I want to know what's in the cauldron?

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 31, 2006, 06:22:24 PM

It's probably just carrot soup.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Shadrok on October 31, 2006, 06:53:48 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 31, 2006, 06:22:24 PM

It's probably just carrot soup.
*Slurrrrrrrp... BURP!* At least there used to be carrot soup in there. Good pic and good soup!