-
0 (0%)
 ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

Zedd

techmaster-glitch

Which one? :erk Dax has had around seven hosts in the Star Trek timeline :giggle

Shadrok

A quick sketch of one of Tapewolf's wolves (The Prophet) done in open canvas.

I'm going to clean and color this tomorrow, so hopefully be able to post the colored version  either then or Friday.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on September 13, 2007, 12:44:35 AM
A quick sketch of one of Tapewolf's wolves (The Prophet) done in open canvas.
I'm going to clean and color this tomorrow, so hopefully be able to post the colored version  either then or Friday.

Looks good :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadrok

:B

I don't know what it is, but every time I try and set deadlines for myself, something always seems to try (or does) sideswipe me and puts my timing off.

Tapewolf the Prophet is inked and flat shaded just need to add the shadows for it to be done.

z 
   z   

Z   
:mowignore

Shadrok

:mowmeep and here it is.

I think I need more practice drawing age because I think he looks too young, but it could just be me over critiquing myself again.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

xHaZxMaTx

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on September 16, 2007, 10:47:05 PM
I think I need more practice drawing age because I think he looks too young, but it could just be me over critiquing myself again.

Yeah... I might do a little retouching myself, whitening the fur around the muzzle, for instance.  It's pretty good though  :P

**EDIT**

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/prophetgrab.png

Yeah, I've got it running on the MacOS now :P

Shadrok

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 17, 2007, 12:17:09 AM
What's with the speckles?
They're suppose to be gray/white hairs to show his age.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 17, 2007, 05:10:33 PM
Quote from: Shadrok on September 16, 2007, 10:47:05 PM

Yeah... I might do a little retouching myself, whitening the fur around the muzzle, for instance.  It's pretty good though  :P

Thanks, and that might make him look older.

Shadrok

Here's something I'm working on.

I just decided to make a blink test for the model, so here it is.

*edit* Took the preview down so that it doesn't take as long to load the page.*edit*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cute. Ah... is it supposed to open its' eyes wider before blinking?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadrok

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 20, 2007, 04:01:27 AM
Cute. Ah... is it supposed to open its' eyes wider before blinking?

No that just a mistake when I animated it. I just did the keying in like 3 seconds to do a quick animation, the finished piece will be better. Just wanted to show what I've been up to lately.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah. Not trying to be picky, or anything, just enquiring. ;-]

It's certainly impressive for a quick animation - reasonably good even for a long effort...

Shadrok

Decided to color a pic I had drawn in October 06.

Zedd

Ah werewolfs..I did a werewolf tale once...

GabrielsThoughts

the werewolf pic  is interesting, but where do you find windows like that in reality?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Gareeku

Temples or castles, maybe? And were do you find werewolves in reality, for that matter?

Anyways, Great art as always Shadrok. Especially like the way you did the night sky and the way the moonlight illuminates the werewolf.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Gareeku on October 04, 2007, 11:52:05 AM
And were do you find werewolves in reality, for that matter?

Exactly what I was thinking. :lol

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 04, 2007, 11:23:09 AM
the werewolf pic  is interesting, but where do you find windows like that in reality?

There's a ruined building not unlike that on Mynydd Maen common.  Next time I visit it I'll check for werewolves...

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2007, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 04, 2007, 11:23:09 AM

There's a ruined building not unlike that on Mynydd Maen common.  Next time I visit it I'll check for werewolves...
:.

If you remember the post I made before about sometimes working in 3D, you'll also remember that I had another plane that I needed to re-texture. Well it's done and has also been rearmed.

It's a Fiat CR.42 Falco, a WWII Italian fighter.

Also I'm working on Shadrok's back story and these two planes (the one from the other post and this one) are in it, both are flown by the (yet to be named) kingdom that Shadrok lives in.

GabrielsThoughts

landing gear and propeller seem kinda shiney, and the plane seems to have stalled in mid flight I feel kinda sorry for the passengers.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nah. Those old biplanes glide pretty well. Unlike your average jet plane, which, sans engine, tend to have all the aerodynamic tendencies of a large brick...

xHaZxMaTx

Gotta <3 bump maps.  If only I knew how to use them. :<

Shadrok

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on October 09, 2007, 02:01:43 PM
Gotta <3 bump maps.  If only I knew how to use them. :<

I've not worked in 3DS Viz before but if Wikipedia is right in that it's like 3D studio max then I might be able to help.

If you could post a screen shot of the texture work area I might be able to see if I can help you on that.

xHaZxMaTx

I've actually got to learn how to make/use/apply textures, before I learn bump maps. :cry

Shadrok

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on October 10, 2007, 01:30:30 AM
I've actually got to learn how to make/use/apply textures, before I learn bump maps. :cry

I did some searches for 3DS Viz tutorials and found this.

It's in Dutch though.
http://www.ds.arch.tue.nl/Education/Courses/3DSViz/Materialen.menu

From the looks of it, Viz has a similar layout as Max so this might work for the UV mapping as well.
http://waylon-art.com/uvw_tutorial/uvwtut_04.html

Shadrok

Trying some things in Open Canvas. Mostly the watercolor and blur tools.

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna