Batman Arkham Asylum

Started by Ryudo Lee, August 27, 2009, 10:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

A friend of mine went and stood in line for the console release of the new Batman game.  There's been a lot of hype going on about this one.  And after playing the demo that's available on Steam (and subsequently pre-paying for it), I have to say that all the hype is warranted, IMHO.  This is a truly awesome game, and just by what I saw in the demo, is everything that you would come to expect from a good Batman game.

Did anyone else get the console release?

:batman

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Gareeku

I played the demo too. Freakin' awesome. Currently saving up the funds to get it. From what the demo has on offer, it's got to be one of the best superhero games I've played in a long time.

Kafzeil

Played the demo too. Once I haave th money, I'm getting this game. This is the best Batman game ever made(N ot saying much, to be honest).

The enemy chatter was awesome."He disappeared! he just disappeared!" That put one big doopy grin on me face.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Kenji

Don't much care for the game, but I may rent it one day to save a data and get the free Batcave house in Playstation Home. <.<

Jairus

I've been playing it. In a word, awesome. Incredible environments, great and brutal battles, an awesome design, and great dialogue. The Joker is hilarious in his own creepy way, Batman is suitably awesome, there are a TON of references to other bits of Batman history, and the creepy elements are some of the freakiest things I've ever played (seriously, the morgue section practically gave me nightmares). Oh, and Detective Mode is so freaking fun. I'm having a blast with it. A few minor complaints, but nothing too grand.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Teroniss

Joker - "What are you really afraid of Bats? Failing to save the city? Failing to save "xxx"(deleted to avoid big spoilers)? Me? In a thong?!"

Most epic line so far in my opinion.

Janus Whitefurr

FFFFFFF

Croc's Lair at 10:30pm is no way to go through life, son.

*/paranoid*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Stygian

Quote from: Teroniss on September 07, 2009, 12:07:38 PM
Joker - "What are you really afraid of Bats? Failing to save the city? Failing to save "xxx"(deleted to avoid big spoilers)? Me? In a thong?!"

Most epic line so far in my opinion.

Mark Hamill is the best Joker voice ever, and the fact they got him for this part too is fantastic.

Jairus

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 10, 2009, 09:11:07 AM
FFFFFFF

*/paranoid*
Oh, Croc's Lair is pretty easy, once you realize that he's gonna jump you every ten seconds or so. Or maybe that was just me. No, the level that really freaked me out was the first Scarecrow encounter, the morgue. Not the second morgue room, but the first... mainly because I thought that there was something or someone in there I was supposed to find, and I kept running around the room - including up next to those doors - until I finally listened to what all of the voices were saying. Battling Scarecrow was a relief at that point. It didn't freak me out when I played the game a second time. Probably because I knew what to expect and do, but I really don't know for sure.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Jairus on September 10, 2009, 10:44:56 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 10, 2009, 09:11:07 AM
FFFFFFF

*/paranoid*
Oh, Croc's Lair is pretty easy, once you realize that he's gonna jump you every ten seconds or so.

Scarecrow? Scarecrow was predictable the moment you saw his shadow on the wall and the fact Bats' eyes were all lit up like a Christmas tree.

My first experience with Killer Croc's lair on the other hand, was "huh, he'll hear you walking on the boards? I'll just use the line launcher and zip around easily and quietly" AND THEN I ZIPPED RIGHT INTO HIS FIRST APPEARANCE GAH. I have no love for stalker-like moments like that, even if you can tell when he's going to show up it's still.. gaaah.

*Janus suffers JUMPINESS and NERVES!*
*It's SUPER effective!*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.