08/22/09 [DMFA#1034] - Wet Fur

Started by Lego3400, August 22, 2009, 03:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

I got nothing to say other then... THIS COMIC TELLS US NOTHING!

Edit:
  Fixed your topic. HTH, HAND.
    -- llearch

LoneHowler

It may not tell us anything but I love mabs third panel expression  :mowtongue
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 22, 2009, 03:58:14 AM

It's a Zen thing.  :P

But that use of "seriously though" is the first such ironic use I've ever heard of....

MT Hazard

All the effort with the rain was worth it Amber, it looks very atmospheric.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Garsemor

Great rain effects Amber, don't worry.

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 22, 2009, 03:58:14 AM

Amber is an expert at keeping the plots secret and taunting us to start philosophical debates on what is going to happen.

Ghostwish

Me likes! I don't care if there's no plot development, I was wondering when Rose would pop back in!

Scarydragon

That is the best facial expression I've seen Mab make yet! :3
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Cogidubnus

I, for one, think the rain looks nice.

And the apathetic Mab depicted in these comics is...strange, and new. We see her emotions so rarely vary from cheery upbeatness that it's easier to write her off as a nutty fae than a character with emotional depth, which is why sometimes Mab hasn't always been my favorite character. There are many facets to people, and they are often true at the same time - it highlights the rest of Mab that she can vary from manic upbeatness.

Tapewolf

I think the rain is made from translucent lines.  Where they overlap they will become brighter.  It works quite well, and I may have to do something similar when we have rain in my comic.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Forycles

That rain is awesome, Amber. Don't let anyone say otherwise.

Upset Mab is... unusual. It feels [to me] like she's a whole other character.

Tapewolf

You know what?  Mab should get a trench-coat like Jakob.  That'll keep your fur dry.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

M

I think your rendering of rain looks really nice.

And it's Rose! I'm glad she's back.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2009, 09:33:00 AM
You know what?  Mab should get a trench-coat like Jakob.  That'll keep your fur dry.
Heh I bet in purple too right?

TheDXM

this strip reminds me of Mab's emo/goth look from a while back for some reason.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I can't really see Mab in a trench coat...... Unless the said coat was bright blue, or orange maybe.

I also think the rain is quite nice, and I'm wondering exactly how Fae parent-child relationships work out. The next few strips will (hopefully) be illuminating.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

tiggertoo

Quote from: Forycles on August 22, 2009, 09:28:04 AM
Upset Mab is... unusual. It feels [to me] like she's a whole other character.

What any Fae's true personality is actually like is an open question -- they seem to enjoy living various "lives" where they play roles that they've defined for themselves. Also, it's rather hard to define in mortal terms the personality of an immortal. Even regular folks can be very complicated -- now add thousands of years of history and personal development to that. Mab even "grew up" with Dan (there's a comic with little Mab with little Dan somewhere), even though we know that she's vastly older than that. Ah, here's little Mab: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_558.php

And the rain looks very well done Amber.

AndersW

I like the reference to grimm's fairy tales in the first panel.

And the rain, wonderfully done.

Lucheek

Its really odd to see Mab like th is...

OminousShadow

A few things to say. Never seen Mab like this before. Ti's a new side to her. Second, rain is awesome. And finally, Love the way Rose looks in those pants.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

ChaosMageX

What is the meaning of "nyeh"?  I think it might be japanese for "meow", but I can't quite remember.

EDIT: I think that's what it means because the japanese name of Meowth is Nyasu.

Also, I hope we get to see emo-goth Mab soon.  She's awesome.

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

It is, I think, an exclamation of disgust.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lego3400

Now that I'm wide awake I got a few thing more to say....

The rain is indeed nice. I have only one bit of critique but I'll keep it to myself as I don't know how Amber stands on getting critiqued on the actual artwork...

Second: YAY More Rose. Though honestly, why does Rose care if Mab gets wet and smells like wet fur. Rose lives in the fae kingdom while Mab lives in Dan's closet. Unless Mab does that whole two places at once thing and live with Rose too...

Also for some reason this conversation just seems weird when you realize it's Mother and Daughter here.

Scarydragon

It's great to finally see Mab getting some character development, but it's kinda funny once you realize that it's taken over 1k strips for this to finally happen. It's also fitting that a fae would take so long before seeing her 'true' side. Either way, I'm happy to finally see some dimension to the 'wacky' character. And, as always, the expression in the last panel is just awesome. Apathetic, yet endearing. :P
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Dragon_FoxTS

I can see mushroom umbrellas for sale, and ones with DMFA characters printed on them.

ooklah

My first thought was "OO! WET!" The rain looks great.

Rose's hair is gonna be HEAVY if she lets those pom-poms get soaked.  :U
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Shachza

/jumps on the "your rain looks great bandwagon."

Seriously.  I think I'll steal more art tips from you.  Now I just need motivation.
            <-- #1 that is!

iownpants

Wow, I really want to give Mab a hug  :hug