Kria vs Jyrras...

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, July 20, 2006, 05:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Maybe I'm reading more into Jyrras capabilities than he has (having just scripted the Janus Bond sequence, after all) but... after #478 and following...

... has anyone wondered if Jyrras has monitoring devices to protect himself? And, as such, will know precisely where Kria is - perhaps not at that stage, but later? I mean, if *I* had a top-secret lab, I'd be running 24x7 monitoring in the area around it as far as I could - after all, if you can see them coming, they're not a threat, right?

... I guess I'm just hoping to see Kria up a tree looking for Jyrras, who is standing behind her waiting for her to notice him... :-)

(of course, this sort of thing is going to make Jyrras harder to get - and Kria, obviously, likes playing with people who play hard to get, right? right? :-)

Just a few ideas that trundled around my head...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netami

If he does, it'd just serve as a plot device for Kria to slip past them in a comedic manner.

If this were a serious situation of Jyrras versus Kria, he'd definitely know in advance. All he has going for him is a sprawing, booby-trapped laboratory and then when/if she manages to get past that she's probably going to find him with A. A huge gun of some sort, B. Piloting a personal suit of mech armor, C. Holding a button threateningly. Even if he had a combination of all of that... I'm not really sure he has anything on hundreds of years of demon cunning.

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. hundreds of years of selective breeding of the survivors of Demon cunning?

Or just being really really smart?

Rowne

Here's another possibility, what's the bet that Jyrras can block magic?  I particularly liked the approach in the now recreated Kaerwyn that all magic is simply a form of energy.  Throw up an energy dispersal barrier and any form of energy that tries to pass it goes poof.  I don't know if this is how it works for the were-critters in the DMFA Universe but once they turn human, I believe (I'm not sure but I think this is what I read on the Demonology page) they become impervious to magic.

Jyrras already has a massive company, JyCorp.  It appears that he's already stinkin, bloody rich so it might stand to reason that a hard up were would submit himself for 'chemical testing of a new JyCorp product', which would be a front for examining how the were anti-magic protection works.  Thanks to the 'magic' of Science, once that information has been collected, it might be possible to duplicate that effect.  If it really is down to energy versus energy, perhaps the humans have some kind of strong bio-electric field which serves to disperse magical energies.

How would I see Jyrras protecting himself under a Creature attack?  I think he'd be sitting in a small chamber with a console in front of him and gigantic screens on all the walls around.  He'd have a magic dispersal field up around his chamber so that he couldn't be attacked by magical means and finally, he'd have a network of energy-dispersing satellites deployed in a geosynchronous orbit to Furrae.  Of course, it might be launching the sats that gets him in trouble in the first place.

But once he's able to zap Creatures and drain them of their magical energy by doing so, it won't really matter.

Am I just pulling this out of my arse?  Yes, yes I am.  Still, it would be funny to see Jyrras thwart the myriad forms of magic with technology.  I've seen so many magic nuts in the realms of RP that super-powered magical critters are as common as clay.  Little Kangaroo-Rats defeating hordes of super-powered magical critters with technology are not.  Now that, my friends, would be pretty damned unique.

----

Oh and to answer the question more directly ...

Kria: You will pay for this, JyCorp monster.  *Cast!*
Jyrras: You people just don't learn, do you?  *Button!*
Kria: Auuugh!  What?  I have no magical energies, I'm a ... a ... a being!  Noooooo!  KAAAAAAAAHN!

Okay, it's unlikely but I think it's funny.  :p

Netami

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 20, 2006, 06:10:47 AM
.. hundreds of years of selective breeding of the survivors of Demon cunning?

Or just being really really smart?

Kria is hundreds of years old and one of her occupations was a teacher, so she seems to have a pretty good edge on Jyrras, IMO.  Demons are supposedly more powerful as they age anyways, though they start to forget memories.

Vidar

How much smarts and magic does it take to stop a mecha-gryphon with added 'farming and mining equipment'?
Does Kria has what it takes to do just that?

Filam at 11!
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

llearch n'n'daCorna

Unfortunately, Mab blew up the Mecha-gryphon.

... although he still has the farming and mining equipment.

I think, on reflection, that Netami has a point - Kria having been a teacher, and being that much older, means she has a *big* edge. Pride goeth before a fall, however - I can fully see her underestimating Jy, and coming a cropper as a result.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Our Artist does with the two of them. Sometime. Given it's been a good six months or more since the last we saw of the two of them playing (which was just Kria peeking in the window, really) I dread to think how long we'll have to wait.

OTOH, I *know* it'll be worth every second. :-)

Ramsey

Chuck Norris would beat both of them. >:o

Supercheese

Quote from: Ramsey on July 20, 2006, 11:44:12 AM
Jack Bauer would beat both of them. >:o

There we go, fixed.   ;)

Gullible

Jyrras does have the advantage that Kria admits to having a bit of a crush on him as shown here.

Caswin

However blatantly against the spirit of the comic it may be, I can't seem to drop the image of a comedy-light conflict between Kria (I swear, why do I keep typing "Khria"?) and a startlingly well-prepared Jyrras.  The farming device is used extensively.

And just when you think the dust has settled... Kria... in the Gryphon Mech... vs. MEGA DEEBS.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

thegayhare

How about the fight we'd all realy like to see

Deebs VS Choo-Choo Bear

ITOS

Deathbringer vs. Demon koala of doom.

Just because they both have so doomish names and are both small and cute. :D
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Ramsey

Netami

Manawolf

Damn, all these soccer shenanigans makes me want to see some headbutt remixes with these characters.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on July 20, 2006, 12:09:52 PM
How about the fight we'd all realy like to see

Deebs VS Choo-Choo Bear

Use both as water baloons, and see what happens? :)

Drake Manaweilder

Quote from: Caswin on July 20, 2006, 12:04:08 PM
However blatantly against the spirit of the comic it may be, I can't seem to drop the image of a comedy-light conflict between Kria (I swear, why do I keep typing "Khria"?) and a startlingly well-prepared Jyrras.  The farming device is used extensively.

oddly enough that put a moderately amusing picture of Jy dressed up like Ratchet with Deebs on his back with the R.Y.N.O on his shoulder in my head...

(note to self: stop playing ratchet and clank for a while)

Vidar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 20, 2006, 08:58:07 AM
Unfortunately, Mab blew up the Mecha-gryphon.

... although he still has the farming and mining equipment.

I think, on reflection, that Netami has a point - Kria having been a teacher, and being that much older, means she has a *big* edge. Pride goeth before a fall, however - I can fully see her underestimating Jy, and coming a cropper as a result.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Our Artist does with the two of them. Sometime. Given it's been a good six months or more since the last we saw of the two of them playing (which was just Kria peeking in the window, really) I dread to think how long we'll have to wait.

OTOH, I *know* it'll be worth every second. :-)

Jyrass can rebuild the Mecha-gryphon, he has the technology.

Also, if you paid attention in school, you may have noticed that the teachers are a bunch of useless w*******, who only work in the 'educational' facilities, because they aren't good enough for the corporate world.

Also, Jyrass can gnaw off her ankles.

And if all else fails, Jyrass can do the puppy-dog eyes-pout-thing. No woman can resist that.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Netami

Heh. Teaching takes a special kind, and while I don't share your harsh opinion on them (despite having to be their tech guy for a long time.), I guess you have a point that teachers aren't really going to be better at anything but rulebooks and herding children. It wouldn't count much in a fight, in other words.

topher chee

mm.......go Jyrass!  you can do it, use your super growing ears to distract the enemy, then, when they least expect it....

Rowne

Hm, when Mab gets back, these would make for such great donation drives.

Basically, the drive would involve X and Y and when the drive reaches its monetary goal, a small arc would be released.  This arc would be the same as roughly the size of three normal sized DMFA strips squished into a general wallpaperish shape, detailing the battle between X and Y and who'd win.

It would be the reverse of how it works currently with us voting to see who'd win I admit but it would still be fun.

Perhaps instead we could pay to vote on who fights who?

Damien Holtz

Things don't ever seem to go Jyrras' way. I can't imagine he'd suddenly go all omgpwnj00 and 'win', in the sense.

That or I'm just attracted to Kria. :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Can I put money on option two? :-)

Damien Holtz

Well only if I get the money. >:3

Zedd

Taski vs keylime pie   Simba vs Kimba   Lord Vader vs Dark Pegi.. :U Who will win these?

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on July 21, 2006, 02:25:04 PM
Quote from: Caswin on July 20, 2006, 12:04:08 PM

oddly enough that put a moderately amusing picture of Jy dressed up like Ratchet with Deebs on his back with the R.Y.N.O on his shoulder in my head...

(note to self: stop playing ratchet and clank for a while)

Aw hell, That'd be reason to play MORE of it!

Nex

Quote from: Zedd on August 11, 2006, 05:27:37 PM
Taski vs keylime pie   Simba vs Kimba   Lord Vader vs Dark Pegi.. :U Who will win these?

Lord Vader would win. hand's down. The others.... I dunno about.

Think about it: Vader's a Dark Lord of the Sith. All sorts of nifty cool death powers. All we've seen out of Dark Peg is some claw fighting. Pansy.

Caswin

Quote from: Nex on August 13, 2006, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: Zedd on August 11, 2006, 05:27:37 PM
Lord Vader would win. hand's down. The others.... I dunno about.

Think about it: Vader's a Dark Lord of the Sith. All sorts of nifty cool death powers. All we've seen out of Dark Peg is some claw fighting. Pansy.
Yes, but Darth Vader doesn't have laser vision, does he?  ...eh, he'd still win.

I still want to see a Rebma, Repteal, and/or Archadian Demo fight.  Pick any two.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

GabrielsThoughts

back to the Jyrras vs. Kria debate... one strategically placed rubber piggy and Kria's lifespan may be cut in half.

I kinda see jyrras as having all the technology of all the comic book, and movie villans (including the original sadistic Wonka, who to this day I still believe murdered all those children... including charley). I have this sneaking feeling that he's preparing for world domination one weapon at a time. and has green goblin gas and Doctor octopus tentacles laying around the lab somewhere.

as far as Kria's age goes Duncan MacCloud of the clan MacCloud and those people from Tuck Everlasting didn't strike me as all that briliant or imaginative and they had a good 400 years of living and didn't do anything except make money and chop peoples heads off and bicker and whine about the suffering they had to endure in their extended lifespans. not that they  were real people but the writers must have been suicidal if they couldn't see what theese people could accomplish with all that time.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.